Thread: Swim Platforms?

Default Swim Platforms?

I read a review on CTI and it referenced 'swim platforms' for people who want to swim out to Tower Isle. I haven't seen any such references on this message board. I assumed the boat was the only way to the island... Is that right?

From time to time people take the raft/float things from the chairs and float/paddle out to the island. It's not allowed but I've seen people do it. It's not the safest thing especially during watersports time because the boats are flying through there with waterskiiers. You're also not supposed to swim to/from either but I swam back after being overserved with a guy who does Ironman Triathlons....he made it easily and I made it but I wouldn't recommend it.

The other problem that you may encounter is that, if you fall off the raft, and you are not a good swimmer, you will encounter coral which can really hurt you if you should step on it or brush against it.

We haven't been to CTI for several years, but we would swim to the island most days, and send our towels with our friends who took the boat over. We didn't realize you weren't supposed to swim over, and nobody said anything...

What are the hours for the Island? First boat and last boat?

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Nurse View Post
    First boat is at 9 a.m. , the last boat is at 5 p.m. I know, because I am usually on both.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Nurse View Post
    Good question. We are going to CSS but hoping to do the trading places one day and hang out on tower isle.

Island questions! Is there any type of beach on the island? Can anyone speak to swimming off the island? What is the pool bar like? Thanks!

There is a very tiny beach on the hotel side of the Island. Not really even big enough to even put chairs on (although we have on occasion). You can swim off of the right end of the Island hotel side. Its kinda rocky and you have to watch out for sea urchins but lots of people, myself included, do it regularly.

Sun Lover, Their is a very small beach area, maybe big enough for one or two people. There is a shallow area of water there but it turns to coral in a few feet. I have seen someone snorkel there(with swim trunks). The pool bar is a swim up bar, lots of fun and wonderful drinks. They even bring you lunch!

There is a small beach or was on the mainland side of the Island. There is swimming off the pool side too with s few steps leading down to the water. The Pool is small and has water tables and stools in the pool.

Yes, you can swim, but the beach area is very small and faces the mainland. The swimup bar is "cozy" and has tables in the pool as well as stools for the bar, in the pool. You can access out of the water too. The pool is not what I would call "swimable", but a couple of us have floated when there wasn't anyone there.
    Vicky

Great information - thanks everyone! I am pleased to hear that there is decent swimming to be had!