Default Average wait for a U.S. passport?

We are booked at CSS on August 1 through 11. We haven't applied for our passports yet, but will this week. How long is the average wait lately?

Mine came in 4 weeks That was about 2 months ago. Have fun!!!!!

It only took 2 weeks for ours!

Default Passport wait

We just ordered ours on 2/14 and they arrived 3/1 so we waited 17 days! I was shocked how fast they came!

From the U.S. Department of State's web site:

"Routine Service: As of (Thursday March 8, 2012), we are processing routine applications in approximately 4-6 weeks from the time of application.

"Expedited Service: As of (Thursday March 8, 2012), we are processing requests for expedited service in about 2-3 weeks door-to-door, when overnight delivery is requested and paid for both ways (to and from the passport agency)."

http://travel.state.gov/passport/pro...sing_1740.html
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

ours were delivered in 17 days! We ordered Feb 14th and they arrived March 1st!

My sister got hers recently in 2weeks.

I should add she paid the extra money to have it expidited.

You will be fine. The U.S. Dept. of State web site quotes an average wait of 4 to 6 weeks. If you need expedited service - which you don't - you can get one through the mail in as fast as 2 to 3 weeks. I needed mine renewed quickly for our trip (CN in 2 weeks, YAY!!!) so I paid extra for the expedited service. Mine was processed in just 2 weeks. Not bad!

Have a great trip!

The average wait time is 4 - 6 weeks...

I think ours came in like 4-6 weeks. It wasn't very long. But on the other hand my cousins had to wait a few months because something went wrong. So I would hurry just in case!

It tells you on their website. We got ours a bit faster than stated, but it was a few years ago (still after the change). You have plenty of time if you're doing it this week.

Default Not long for standard shipment...

The average wait time is 4-6 weeks...that's just regular shipment. You can get it quicker than that if need be but you're going to pay more for expedited service...if you guys aren't traveling until AUG, you have plenty of time so just go with the regular service & save the bucks!

Assuming there isn't any strange issues (meaning outstanding tax bills or late child support), you should be ok. Not sure what the actual length is, though.

But don't delay any longer, just in case!

We are traveling June 2nd and still havent applied because when we went to we realized that his Birth Certificate was no where to be found we will apply in two weeks and expedite the application, but.. if you look on the passport website it will tell you how long its taking to process them at this time... I am nervous cause we are cutting it so close...but no birth certificate means we have to wait till it comes in

Quote Originally Posted by smalltowngirl504 View Post
    We are traveling June 2nd and still havent applied because when we went to we realized that his Birth Certificate was no where to be found we will apply in two weeks and expedite the application, but.. if you look on the passport website it will tell you how long its taking to process them at this time... I am nervous cause we are cutting it so close...but no birth certificate means we have to wait till it comes in
    We have the same problem with my birth certificate. Nowhere to be found.

I say the 4-6 week timeframe on the site but didn't know if it was accurate.

Thanks!

Sorry restate that: Got mine in 17 days and DID NOT expedite!

I wish I could save the money and not expedite but my luck would be that it would take 6 weeks and still not be here before we leave...which would not be fun.. I am too scared not to expedite it... but I am envy you guys getting them so soon without expedited services !!!!!!