Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default personal vendetta?

ive just read a review on ta about cti, which raised my eyebrows. i am due to go there in the summer so im constantly checking out the reviews on there as well as on this board. there is a review from a guy who says he is a travel agent and he gave one of the worst reviews ive seen ta for a while(even by rubbish hotels standard) he even went as far as to post pics, that seem almost petty as no matter how good a resort is, you can dig for things to make it sound bad. the fact that his review is surrounded by other great ones kinda make it stand out and look like this is some kind of personal vendetta against couples resorts. so im asking has anybody seen it and is he some kind of angry ex-employee or something?

Oh yeah, definitely a personal vendetta. Did you see Randy's response on TA? The guy is just bitter about something and out to make Couples look bad.

I did laugh at his comment about the gym being in the basement. It's not in a basement, but on the patio level next to the pool, the beach grill and the game room. And the spa is fabulous. Anyone who has been to CTI knows the guy is just blowing smoke.

And about the "Japonese" restaurant being a shambles during the day. It's not even open during the day! And it's not "Japonese" - it's "Asian". What a goofball!

A general rule of thumb on TA is to get an overall feel for the reviews. If there are 99 % positive and 1% negative, the 1% is just sour grapes over something.

Go to CTI and you will have a wonderful time, I promise!

Just ignore. Vendetta?, do you think? He's just having a hard time getting the stick out, if you know what I mean.

Jayb,
    I read that review as well and I would give no credence to it. After the guy was done patting himself on the back, claiming what a world traveller he was and that he had been to over 2 dozen Jamaican Resorts he sounded like a plant from the "B" resort. The pictures posted looked staged and opportunistic, like he took pictures of areas where he was not supposed to be (non-customer areas) and that he had taken advantage of a storm that had rolled through.
    Take notice that such a "world" traveller had 2 published reviews

Go and you will know

Mick

thanks for the replys.
    @allansangel yes i saw randy`s response, makes perfect sense.
    @bardar i know exactly what you mean lol
    @mick im definitely not making that deter me, too many couples addicts for it to be such a bad resort

This World Traveler is a travel agent for the WINDY Resorts. He has been suspended from Trip Advisor 2 times for arguing with people about Couples vs the Windy Resorts. He has gone as far as to say that a 2* resort in Trelawny is better then Couples Tower Isle.

He can no longer risk making argumentative post on the forums of TA or he will be kicked off Trip advisor permanently. So he has gone to posting his "review" of CTI.

He has only stayed at the Windy Resorts because he stays for FREE.

I could go on and on and on about this Donkey's ASS but I think you get the message.

NO resort is perfect......but Couples comes pretty darn close.

Hi Jayb,

As everyone has said, yes he has issues with Couples, has for years. He has slammed Couples for a long time and the funny thing is that his trip to CTI was the first visit he has ever made.

As Randy mentioned in his response, there was an entire thread that was later removed by TA due to it's content.

We have not been to CTI, we are huge fans of CN and now too CSS (still trying to make up our minds). You will love CTI, go knowing that the hundreds of great reviews are closer to the truth then the one.

thanks for the response guys it all comes across as very distasteful imo, dont know why windy would want him acting like a spokesperson for them

Hi all,

We are really glad to have read this post, I also read the post from the tavel agent on TA and although I took it with a pinch of salt as almost EVERY other post we have read about CTI was outstanding.

We go to CTI in a week and also getting married there.......REALLY looking forward to it

Gav&Kat

I emailed the guy that posted the review...... I told him I was calling BS on his review.....He bragged about being a travel agent and the dozens of times he has been in Jamaica. I told him, for a guy that is a travel agent and been all over Jamaica, his newly created tripadvisor id and the lack of reviews proves he is just an troll...

He responded to my email.....trying to reprove his credentials.....it was quite pathetic......

the world is full of all kinds of people....fortunately only the best are allowed to stay at couples resorts...lololol

Quote Originally Posted by ironranger View Post
    I emailed the guy that posted the review...... I told him I was calling BS on his review.....He bragged about being a travel agent and the dozens of times he has been in Jamaica. I told him, for a guy that is a travel agent and been all over Jamaica, his newly created tripadvisor id and the lack of reviews proves he is just an troll...

He responded to my email.....trying to reprove his credentials.....it was quite pathetic......

the world is full of all kinds of people....fortunately only the best are allowed to stay at couples resorts...lololol
    Thats too funny!!! It really made me laugh.

I am a firm believer that TA is only really useful if you totally ignore all the very worst AND the very best reviews! One group is angry over some perceived slight at the hotel they are trashing and are simply taking out their hostility in print. I also think it is wise to ignore the reviews from people who are soooo drunkenly, head over heals, in LOVE with a resort... so much so that they cannot see any of the faults that might be valuable for readers to know about.
    Last edited by rhallva; February 10th, 2012 at 05:06 PM.

I also e-mailed to point out his inaccuracies in his photos posted on his website. I have spent 5 weeks on the property throughout various trips and I have no idea where some of those photos are from. It also looks as though a storm had just passed through and yes that will make debris wash up on the beach. But as you may have also noticed, the debris was being raked up into piles, which the water sports guy (usually Delroy) then picks up and takes care of. The spa is listed as a top in the Caribbean and the "Japonese" restaurant is actually "Thai" and the chef, an very sweet lady, is from Thailand. As they say, "You can't please all the people all the time", however this guy is just posting slander and inaccurate photos. Yes, there may be some rust here and there--good grief, the resort sits almost literally on top of the water, repairs take time and they are constantly working around the resort. Is the place marble & glitz, no. But it has charm and some of the most amazing staff and food I have every encountered, but then I am NOT a world traveler, just someone who knows what they like! Trip #6 booked for July.
    Vicky

Default I just saw his review yesterday

Wow, JS as we call him on TA is getting way too much ink for his own good. I see a few of my TA allies have already posted here which is great. I asked TA to remove his review yesterday and hope they do. There is no question that he had an agenda when he checked in. I mean think about it.
    He checked in at 2 and had all of 4 hours to run around the property, compile his photo library and get on trip advisor at least twice. All this before the sun went down which was 3 hours max. I love the picture he took too! It was of his girlfriend posing on the beach wearing a dress and cowboy boots and the caption says "Debris on Beach!!" Can't agree more JS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vickyj View Post
    I also e-mailed to point out his inaccuracies in his photos posted on his website. I have spent 5 weeks on the property throughout various trips and I have no idea where some of those photos are from. It also looks as though a storm had just passed through and yes that will make debris wash up on the beach. But as you may have also noticed, the debris was being raked up into piles, which the water sports guy (usually Delroy) then picks up and takes care of. The spa is listed as a top in the Caribbean and the "Japonese" restaurant is actually "Thai" and the chef, an very sweet lady, is from Thailand. As they say, "You can't please all the people all the time", however this guy is just posting slander and inaccurate photos. Yes, there may be some rust here and there--good grief, the resort sits almost literally on top of the water, repairs take time and they are constantly working around the resort. Is the place marble & glitz, no. But it has charm and some of the most amazing staff and food I have every encountered, but then I am NOT a world traveler, just someone who knows what they like! Trip #6 booked for July.

Quote Originally Posted by Marnies View Post
    "Debris on Beach!!" Can't agree more JS!
    GREAT. Now I have to clean the soda that just came out my nose off of my keyboard. ROFL

Quote Originally Posted by Spiff542 View Post
    Debris on Beach!!" Can't agree more JS! GREAT. Now I have to clean the soda that just came out my nose off of my keyboard. ROFL

OMG!! I thought the same thing when I saw that photo!! Debris on the Beach....HEHEHEHEHEHEHE....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

Quote Originally Posted by Vickyj View Post
    I agree with you on the pictures, but I know where he took some of those pix and as I mentioned in a different thread, its not that you're not allowed there, but its really not an area where guests should be. Kinda like being backstage. The pics were completely misrepresenting the property. Taking a picture of the roof claiming that was his view, portraying the beach as being next to bayside, and finding four spots which could have been repainted or repaired, and failing to mention the previous storm. The pix are real, and of the resort, just portrayed in a way to make the resort look bad. You really have to do that on purpose!

This guy is a Breezes fan, as he has many posts at how great they are, but the pics he showed, can be found at any resort at any time. I wouldn't pay any attention to him, some kind of jerk. We all know that the beach is cleaned every morning, I wouldn't put much stock into what he said.

The only problem is that it may deter new people away from CTI, because they don't know and that may be his objective. Could be why he posted right away, about the couple at B in Negril. How can B Trelawney be better the CTI, and have better drinks, you have to be on drugs. It is a shame because it will scare new people away from a Couples experience. Soon come December CN.

Greetings to all:

We truly appreciate your efforts to remove this unbelievably slanderous and erroneous post from Trip Advisor. Please continue to ask for it to be removed. :-)

Regarding this "human being" - and I am trying to be nice - it seems that his animosity toward Couples Resorts stems from a few years ago when he asked for a comp stay and we refused to give it him. In addition to making commission on their sales, Couples has a very generous "Preferred Agency" program which does provide free night benefits - but based on volume.

JS has been blacklisted from staying at any of our resorts. We welcome all reviews provided there is some truth in them. It is clear that the review posted on TA is a result of our demanding he leave the property. Just nonsense and we have more important things to do than chase around someone who is intent on damaging Couples Resorts' good name and reputation.

This guy's 15 minutes of fame has lasted WAY too long. Time's up JS!

Couples Resorts

I have to say that Couples is very good to the travel consultant, I have benifitted from it and do thank them. That said, I will and do pay the retail price to go to Couples because it is such a great place. There are not many places that compare to the inclusions and service you get at ALL the Couples Resorts. I have stayed at all 4 resorts and returning in April to CN at full price, this guy is a lunatic and he is the type of travel agent, and I hate even give him that title, that gives the rest of us a bad name. I too have requested that his post be removed.

I just clicked that I had a problem with the reveiw...hopefully TA will remove this post. It's not fair to people trying to get an honest opinion of the resort.

Wow, are we sure he didn't go to an S resort? Personal Vendetta doesn't even cover it.... you will call CTI home before you know it! Once ya go you know!

That guy is a nut job with some serious issues. His review is what is unbelievable. The pictures are ridiculous. He was sneaking around in employee only areas.
    However, it's much, much more than a bad review. He posts negative stuff all the time on TA forums about Couples (and other resorts, but mainly Couples) as well as other topics. He thinks he knows everything about everything. What a cocky, self righteous know it all. He's nasty and always looking for a fight. He disagrees with everyone on TA and gets good people really riled up and upset constantly. I think he enjoys it.
    I actually think he went specifically to CTI so that he could write a bad review, since people were always calling him on the fact that he bad mouths resorts he's never been to. You KNOW how bad he must be to be asked to leave the property! No normal person would ever be asked that!
    I asked not only for his TA review to be removed, but his TA access. Good riddance I say.

I just put in my 3rd request that his review be removed! However, this time I took a new approach. It does not meet the review guidelines as he did not STAY there! As a matter of fact, he was only on the property for about 6 hours. I also did a little detective work and guess what? There was a major thunderstorm that went through Ocho Rios at approx. 2pm that day! Would explain the debris on the beach not to mention the large crowd that was in the lobby. He labeled them as "unhappy people" but for those that have been to CTI, you will recognize that they were lined up for dinner reservations and excursions not at the front desk.

OMG! He posted his lovely pictures again the other night on a thread about The Gem Resort vs CTI. I could not help myself.....I wrote:

I really love the pictures posted of CTI linked by the above poster.

Picture #6 is especially PERFECT.....DEBRIS on the BEACH....could not agree more.....perfect caption for this picture.

Then lets look at picture # 19. Pay special attention to all of the "mold" all over the floor, edge of the front of the countertop, back wall of the shower and especially on the TRASH CAN LINER and the floor next to the trash can and the corner behind the trash can. Amazing how mold can grow on a trash can liner.

Then look at picture #21. Pay attention to the trash can liner and the floor next to the trash can, the front edge of the counter top, back wall of the shower wall and the corner behind the trash can. ALL OF THE MOLD IS GONE!

No way the room was scrubbed of all this mold by the cleaning fairies in the 2 hours the maker of these photos was on the property.

Of course TA removed my post....BUT they also REMOVED his post that was once again degrading CTI and harassing me. This IDIOT and I have been fighting about Couples for the past 5 years. I think he has gotten the message about the pictures since he has not posted them in several other threads which he normally would have.

If we all stick together he will pop his cork again and be suspended AGAIN. He has been suspended 2 times already. IDK why they keep letting him back.

He thinks The Windy Resorts are superior....I wonder what he is going to do when they go bankrupt.....which I can see happening in the near future. IDK how true it is but the newest rumor is that WINDY Trelawny is up for sale. John Issa has been spending A LOT of his time at this property.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast