Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Am I going to stand out as a Newbie

I am not really worried about our first AN trip. I expect that we will go to the loungers, disrobe, and sit to read a book until we are comfortable (or so thirsty) going for a drink. I assume we will be nonchalant, but are will the regulars notice we are new. Which is no problem if people come over to talk and welcome us and show off the friendly behavior that is commonly described here.

When visiting ports while in the Navy, the ladies of the night could always pick out the newbies, and this made me chuckle expecting there may be something that makes us stand out on our first AN experience.

I can ease your fears. You will not stand out as being a "newbie". The only thing that people may notice is that you don't have a tan yet. Other than that, with everyone being naked, there is a wonderful equality. No one knows if the person next to them is an office worker, police officer, CEO, or unemployed. After your initial fears have disappeared, which takes about a minute, you are just another face in the crowd. No one cares about a weight problem, religious affiliation, country of origin or anything else. We are all there to soak up the sun, laugh a lot, share some stories, and just play all day as though you had been doing this all of your life. It really is uncanny.

So don't worry about "standing out". We are like children playing together and just having fun.

Richie

Sign up on the Meet up board. Give your dates and names and a bit of info, and people may recogize you that way. That is what I did, and they recognized me from the message boards.

You won't stand out any different than if you were at a clothed bar. Personally, I think it's easier to be friendly when you're naked but if it's easy to just talk to someone clothed, it will be the same when you're naked.

No one is going to just come up to your chairs and start talking (like they would at a swingers place) but as you're mingling or getting a drink, natural conversations will happen and IMO, the nervous energy actually makes it easier to do that.

Trust me, I felt the same way last year and guess what, no one could tell if you were a "beginner" or had done this a thousand times in the past. My husband and I enjoyed it very much. If you want to talk to people, they will. And if you want to be left alone, no one will bother you. So just go, drop your bathing suit and relax! Only 79 more days to go.

"standing out" while AN is frowned upon... Seriously though, I don't think anybody would realize it except that maybe those that have been there several days or all week may notice the new faces. If you choose a spot away from people, you will be left alone. If you set yourself down poolside, people will be more inclined to chat with you. No problem Mon!!!
    18 days till CSS!!!

My newbie strategy is to go straight to the bar and bare all!

When were you in the Navy? What ship(s)?

I've heard they stamp your ass with a big black stamp that says "AN virgin"!
    Seriously, relax and have a good time....you'll enjoy it more!

Kia

That is our strategy also, to just get it done and jump right in, if you'll pardon the expression, wide open.....lol. We figure that way the hardest part will be over and we wont have to think about it anymore.

Hi busr25!
    I'm so jealous you are going to be at SSB in 18 days!!!!! Have a wonderful trip !

We have to wait until July until we return to paradise!!!

suzyQ

Thanks all, you make me laugh and feel more comfortable already. Especially about the no swinger comment, looking forward to friendly people having a good time.

Hopefully we only have to wear the stamp across the ass for the first day. Will have to try Kia's advice.

We are at CN, so no pool, but the hot tub and bar will be our interaction options. People say I can start a conversation with a wall, hopefully that won't change.

[QUOTE=I've heard they stamp your ass with a big black stamp that says "AN virgin"!
    Seriously, relax and have a good time....you'll enjoy it more![/QUOTE]

Tears. That is so funny! I'm gonna need one of those stamps but perhaps I'll have to use a sharpie. Does it have to be black? I'm kind of partial to green.

My husband and I were "newbies" two years ago. We were on the AN beach from day 1 and never felt like a newbie. Everyone makes you feel like you are at home. We had the best time. Can honestly say, we were never stamped. But it would have been funny.

my husband & I are going march 10-17. we talked about going to the AN beach. but I'm a little over weight & concerned

chybry, don't worry about your weight! When the wife and I were at CTI, and went out to the Isle, we saw a little of everything. She's a little on the heavy side, but no one commented or made her feel uncomfortable in any way!

Jason

chybry, that should not hinder you from going. There may be some that are thinner than you, there may be some that are heavier than you. Most important, nobody cares. Just be confident in the fact that you are beautiful to your spouse and relax! Nobody there is going to judge you for your body type. Most people are not going to be looking for a voyeuristic thrill. They all just want to relax, have a good time, and get an all over body tan without the tan lines! Give it a try, you'll be glad you did! I suggest you look for the thread on here about people's after trip reports to the AN beaches. Nearly every post is from people. like you, who were afraid they would be unaccepted. After going and having the time of their life, they now look forward to the next time they can be naked with their spouse on the beach!

CSS April 29-May 10, 2013

CSS April 29-May 10, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by chybry View Post
    my husband & I are going march 10-17. we talked about going to the AN beach. but I'm a little over weight & concerned
    If all the people who were a little over weight didn't go to the AN beach, it would be pretty lonely for the few that were left.

Not a problem Chybry. We're from Nova Scotia and love Maine-iacs. Which resort are you going to? We'll be arriving at CTI on the 15th of March...by then you'll be a old seasoned veteran of the Island!
    See ya there!! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by chybry View Post
    As everyone else says, it doesn't matter. And guess what? There are people on the clothed beach that are too thin, too thick, and just right. What matters is that you are there for your SO and it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
    Vicky

The only 'newbies' we ever noticed were the ones that walked slowly in...stopped....whispered to each other, then turned around and left.

You may, but we all have been Newbie.

Do not worry, go enjoy!!!
    Irie Mon

When my partner and I were on the isle for the first time, and decided we wanted to mingle, we introduced ourselves as first-timers and immediately had all kinds of recommendations on what to do at the resort, what to get to eat, what to drink, all kinds of fun stuff... just as if it was our first time vacationing with a bunch of fun people at a fun resort. Turns out that's what it is!

thank you

Exactly

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast