Default Couples Negril 2nd trip - Service?

This was our second trip to Couples Negril. We choose to go back as we loved every minute of our first vacation there in 2010. We travel in a group of about 5 couples and enjoy good food, beautiful beaches, fun and great service. This trip we recently went on was from 1/25-1/30 and once again on most points we were not disappointed. However, on the Saturday of our trip, my engagement/wedding ring was lost/stolen from the beach. I want to point out that the security working that day was wonderful and spent a couple of hours helping us with metal detectors and rakes to try to recover the ring. I wish I would have written down their names as they tried everything. The ring was never recovered and I also reported it missing at the front desk. No one from the couples staff followed up with us which really surprised me. A resort like Couples should give a little more personalized service. Then upon our checkout Monday afternoon when I checked again if anything had been turned in ( checked about 2xper day on Sunday and Saturday night), she asked if we had gotten an incident report for our insurance. I was again surprised this was the first this was mentioned and we were scheduled to leave in an hour from the resort. Per my persistance, the head security did come over and help us get a report completed but to me this should have been handled the day of the incident or at least mentioned as an option. I am disappointed by the lack of follow-up or at least acknowledgment to a pretty upsetting event at the resort.

In the resorts defense, we were at Couples Negril in September 2010 and saw a young lady lose her new wedding ring in the pool while playing volleyball. I thought that Couples went above and bey0nd in assisting the couple in trying to locate the missing ring. They had entertainment staff and watersports staff searching the pool/pool decking and planters for more than an hour...the ring was never found. I never considered that helping search for lost items was a service they offered, but they were more than willing to help. The couple was thankful the ring was insured. We leave our valuables in the safe...especially our rings.
    Irie ,
    (Ladydia) Dianna

CTI 2006, CSA 2007, CN 2008, CN 2009, CN 2010 twice
    CN 2012, CSS 2012, CN 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Ladydia41 View Post
    In the resorts defense, we were at Couples Negril in September 2010 and saw a young lady lose her new wedding ring in the pool while playing volleyball. ... We leave our valuables in the safe...especially our rings.
    We've seen that happen about once every visit, particularly during pool volley ball, though we've seen it found a few times (I even found the lost ring once - yay me).

Two weeks ago a newlywed lost his ring during beach volleyball. Some brave soul did a drop test with his wedding band and it disappeared immediately in the sand about 1/2 inch down; proving they can be hidden quickly (He knew where he dropped his so it was recovered). A group of 10 or so were searching the volleyball court for 45 minutes or so and finally gave up.

Amazingly about 30 minutes later a player found the ring during their resumed game (with her toes no less).

Good advice about leaving valuables in safe (or at least take them off for volleyball). That is not a criticism of the O.P., b/c I don't know the circumstances of the loss, rather a plea for volleyball players (particularly newlyweds) to remove their rings.