Default Honeymoon - March 2012

Hi All,
    We are getting married March 2nd and will be in Negril March 3rd thru the 10th. This is going to be my first trip to Jamaica and to Couples. I've heard and read a lot about the hotel. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Things like , Is Rick's really a good place to go? What type of evening attire is needed? How much do we need to pack for a week? What type of activities are there to do? etc.
    I'm hoping that CN is just as wonderful as everyone has been saying. A little worried about some of the negative trip reports I've read.
    In less than a month we will be there, Let the fun begin!!
    Thanks!
    Rich

Don't even pay attention to those few nagative reviews. We'll be returning on the 9th for our second trip. We were there in March of 2011 too. Obviously, if you are "trying" to find fault you could, but the vast majority, including some 40% that are repeaters, find it perfect!! We sure did last year and booked for twicw as long this trip.
    I will be shocked if you don't return for your anniversary, hopefully the 1st one. We stayed pretty much on premises, did the hobie cats, Cat Cruise, ate ate ate, and enjoyed the drinks and entertainment; walked and ran the beach and generally vegitated. Hope we see you, have fun!

Bob

Thanks Bob!

Thanks Bob!

First of all, Congratulations to you both!! We know you will love Couples Negril. This April will be our 4th visit and we just can't wait. We'll be celebrating our 40th Wedding Anniversary and we fall in love all over again every time we visit Couples. It is so romantic. We've been on 7 or 8 cruises around the caribbean, many different island, Arub, St. Marteen, S. Lucia, but keep going back to this Couples Negril. The beach is so beautiful and you can either join in the many activities or just keep to each other and get cozy!!! One thing we've learned through the years is, always remember to make time for each other, even with all business of everyday life, remember to always make time to play. You know, after the children grow up and leave the nest, its just the two of you again!! This resort takes us away from everything, you don't have to worry about
    $ or the clock, or appts. - nothing!! just order your favorite drink, lay out in the sun, breath in that beautiful ocean air!! have fun!!

Default Congrats

Hi Rich,

My hubby and i went to CN for our honeymoon in May of 2009 and have been trying to get back since. We will be “home” at CSS in just a few weeks. You will love the property. Bob is right, you can't go to any resort/hotel and not find something to complain about, but if you go with the thought that it's your honeymoon and you are going to have a good time you will. I fell the morning of the wedding (it was raining) and twisted my knee and had a bit of an issue getting around with all the stairs, but everyone there was so great - No worries. They guys in watersports were great helping me in and out of the boat and didn't even suggest that maybe i shouldn't be doing something with my knee all black and blue.

Have a great time!

Melissa

Congratulations and you'll love it!! We've been to Couples Negril five times in the past five years, it's wonderful....

I always pack to much...but remember, you're in a swim suit/coverup from breakfast til sundown. All the restaurants at night (except Otaheite) are resort casual.... shorts, sandals, sundress etc. You will need dockers, nice shirt (polo or button up) and dress shoes, dress or capris for the lady if you want to do reservations one night. (I'm usually good with 3 pair of shorts, 5-6 tops and a dress, a swimsuit for each day/w coverup, flip flops and dressy sandals.) A beach bag is handy (they supply beach towels) and sunscreen. Your American money is good there, probably preferred for any shopping you might do. Also, the airport on your way home, is a great place to shop.

Do get a Couples massage in the treehouse, go on the Cat Cruise, eat at Lychee ( the sushi is yummy), go snorkeling, visit with Franklyn at the pool bar (he's great), have a Bob Marley shot and a Hummingbird, order the breakfast to you room at least once, check out the Piano Bar at night.....and relax
    Irie ,
    (Ladydia) Dianna

CTI 2006, CSA 2007, CN 2008, CN 2009, CN 2010 twice
    CN 2012, CSS 2012, CN 2013

Thanksall, for the feedback! It sounds like it will be a wonderful trip.
    Can't wait to get there.

Hi all! Thanks for all the input. 10 more days and we will be there!