Default quick question about AN beaches...

I hzve read numerous posts about the 'rules' regarding being solo on the AN beaches. But what if you spouse has a spa treatment scheduled or if they go snorkling/diving? If she (he) leaves the beach for some reason, are you not allowed to stay until they return? Are you expected to go hang out in your room or the textile beach instead? What seems to be the proper etiquette?

Quote Originally Posted by va couple View Post
    I hzve read numerous posts about the 'rules' regarding being solo on the AN beaches. But what if you spouse has a spa treatment scheduled or if they go snorkling/diving? If she (he) leaves the beach for some reason, are you not allowed to stay until they return? Are you expected to go hang out in your room or the textile beach instead? What seems to be the proper etiquette?
    The first time you go to the AN beach go together and let the others get "used" to you....after that if one of you disappears for a while nobody will say anything.....
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"

usually no big deal if your established with your other half as an AN couple. if she decides to do a spa it will only be for a little while. meet some friends together and they are pretty accepting.

You'll get lots of responses on this, so here is one more. You didn't say which resort, but here are our two experiences. CTI is unique in that the AN area is an island, so the "no solo" rule is a little more rigid, especially regarding men. At CN, where we have been twice and will be again in November, it's a little different.

Every day last November, one couple would be there early like we were. About 10:00, she would go to the gym for a workout. He stayed, soaking up the sun like the rest of us. No one cared. Of course, during the week we all got to know each other, so maybe that's why. Also, every morning a gentleman would show up and pick a spot on the hedge side, sunning and reading his book. Never saw his wife all week. Just before noon, he would pack it up for the day. Again, everyone there that week saw what was happening and didn't care at all.

It's all about respect. What makes people much more uncomfortable than a temporarily "missing" spouse is a guest who won't fully disrobe at the AN beach. We had this happen a couple of times and had to get the security guard to handle it. It's AN for a reason.

Don't sweat having your spouse leave for a little while ... unless you are at CTI. Even then I would explain the situation to security and see what they say. It's all good. Enjoy your stay!
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

We have been to CTI many times over the years but normally in September. We decided to go this past January for the Anniversary Parties and without our normal group of friends. The staff know us well and they will know you after the first day too - amazing.

One day I went Zip Lining without my husband (he did not want to go). Without thinking and did not think it would a problem for 2-3 hours while I was away, he went over to the island. A guest indirectly told him rules are rules and therefore, my husband left.

So it depends on the crowd, but never had a problem when I would go to the Spa, Reggae classes and so on. No worries, just go and enjoy yourself!!!

Thanks everyone, we are going to CSS, so it will be SSB

Even on TI, once you have as they say, "established yourself" with your partner, it shouldn't be a big deal if, for a short period of time, he or she isn't there.

If the two of you go to the beach or island as a Couple and the staff gets to know you, being a solo from time to time is no issue. The rule is in place to keep a single from going to beach or island just to check out the nude people. This make everyone uncomfortable.

At a resort, a non-couples, they have a clothing optional section, and this is just what happens. The wife goes to the spa and the male walks the nude area. Not very nice. That is why we do not go to clothing optional areas any more.

It is a good rule that we support.

One Luv
    Irie Mon

I was alone at SSB for a couple hours while my wife went to the room to take a nap. Of course all our new friends started (jokingly) calling me out for being a single but as others have said, I'd "established" myself as an AN guy and wasn't a creeper or anything so it was not a big deal.

We had a situation at CTI where a guy (gawker) swam to the island (which I give him credit for) by himself and was just kinda strolling around with his suit on. The bartender said to strip down or leave and the guy dropped trou and got in the pool, had a drink, got his gawks in, and then left on the boat.

Having been to other naked places where single guys are allowed it wasn't a huge deal to me once the guy got naked because if you're going to gawk, you'd better be naked as well. That's the main reason we haven't tried CN yet because to go out into the water, you're around "textile" people and I'm not really cool with that.

Quote Originally Posted by donjohnson View Post
    That's the main reason we haven't tried CN yet because to go out into the water, you're around "textile" people and I'm not really cool with that.
    I said "screw 'em, let 'em look" and didn't think twice! Did I get some looks the passersbys? Sure - one more thing for them to remember about their vacation Once you decide to take the plunge, it's amazing how much you don't really care what other people think...the sight of a naked body never hurt anyone.

There were a couple of times where my wife stayed on the beach while I hit the pool, which didn't seem to be an issue (I don't think!)-- and I felt welcomed in the group playing bocce ball without her. On the last day she left early because she wanted to check out the other side. But being the last day I wasn't movin'! I definitely was more cautious about being social and tried to keep a low profile while she was gone, but wound up talking to a few people who I think were comfortable with me by then. If anyone objected they didn't let me know. My feeling is I was there to enjoy somethng I can't do very often, so if everyone there is as like-minded as I think they are I'll be accepted-- or at very least left alone. It felt like accepetance to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Janicek View Post
    You'll get lots of responses on this, so here is one more. You didn't say which resort, but here are our two experiences. CTI is unique in that the AN area is an island, so the "no solo" rule is a little more rigid, especially regarding men. At CN, where we have been twice and will be again in November, it's a little different.

Every day last November, one couple would be there early like we were. About 10:00, she would go to the gym for a workout. He stayed, soaking up the sun like the rest of us. No one cared. Of course, during the week we all got to know each other, so maybe that's why. Also, every morning a gentleman would show up and pick a spot on the hedge side, sunning and reading his book. Never saw his wife all week. Just before noon, he would pack it up for the day. Again, everyone there that week saw what was happening and didn't care at all.

It's all about respect. What makes people much more uncomfortable than a temporarily "missing" spouse is a guest who won't fully disrobe at the AN beach. We had this happen a couple of times and had to get the security guard to handle it. It's AN for a reason.

Don't sweat having your spouse leave for a little while ... unless you are at CTI. Even then I would explain the situation to security and see what they say. It's all good. Enjoy your stay!
    Ok, I gotta ask: why is a bigger issure if a man stay by himself than it is if a woman stay alone by herself?? Is equal not equal anymore?? I mean I know if your "established" it will probably be fine. But of all the threads I have read, it seems like it would be ok for a woman to show up alone. But if a man showed up all alone, he would be kicked off in a heart beat. It just seem like it would be determined by the way a person is acting not by if he has someone with him or not.

Default I believe things are equal

Quote Originally Posted by J&AC View Post
    Ok, I gotta ask: why is a bigger issure if a man stay by himself than it is if a woman stay alone by herself?? Is equal not equal anymore?? I mean I know if your "established" it will probably be fine. But of all the threads I have read, it seems like it would be ok for a woman to show up alone. But if a man showed up all alone, he would be kicked off in a heart beat. It just seem like it would be determined by the way a person is acting not by if he has someone with him or not.
    J&AC- My views come from 33 years of marriage and 7 visits to CN with one to CSS.
    I pull my wife's chair out for her, I open the door, I help her in the kitchen at home, I carry the heavy bags, etc; She helps me and does her little things for me her way. I find this equal.
    When we visit "Couples" , we go as a couple. On the beach we establish ourselves as previously stated but you'll seldom see us apart. It's just our way and why we visit there. When she get's a pedicure, I'll read on the balcony and we'll attend the beach together after. When either of us has to return to the room for a bit, the other remains on the beach.
    The AN beach just has such an aura, that we would'nt want to see the establishment change a thing.
    Couples has something special for just couples and that is exactly why we love it.
    But that's just our opinion.

This is coming from a male, so no flaming. Males have a long history of being pervs or looky lous. My opinion is females are more put off by males looking them up and down. If a male was gawked at by a female, he would take it as a compliment.

It's really rather obvious, isn't it? In the history of the world, which gender has typically displayed more voyeuristic tendencies, and which gender would typically feel more threatened by potential voyeurs of the opposite sex?

Cuz men are way creepier than women. LOL

As a male I understand the discomfortóeven fear of other men even in a place that professes ďno judgments.Ē I am a little saddened that every time Iím not side-by-side with my wife I am considered suspect, but Iím always mindful that itís human nature to think men are a threat. I keep it in mind when Iím walking on a dark street near a woman not to get too close and I keep it in mind when Iím naked on a beach more than 10 yards from my wife. Iím fortunate my wife does go with me, even though she doesnít enjoy it as much as I do, but seeing how every statistic out there indicates many more men enjoy AN than women thereís bound to be well-meaning guys who want to try it, but donít have a significant other who feels the same way. So, Iím sympathetic to people who are uncomfortable with single menótotally get itóbut Iím also sympathetic to the men who want to experience what we all love so much.

LOL, gee thanks CorinaNPete!! Barbjer, I am the same way. Me and my wife do everything together. We have not experienced the AN yet. This will be our first trip to Jamaica,Couples, and an AN resort. I am not even sure we will make it to the island. But the comment that I quoted just got me to thinking. Not that I would want to do the AN by myself, just a curiousity question. Since I am new, I was trying to gather all the info I could. jamaican_junkie it is not really that obvious. I mean of all the threads you read, the AN spots are supposed to be about being ok with your natural body and accepting who you are. So, what is there to be threatened by?? I mean if everyone is naked, everyone is going to look if there is a spouse there or not its just unavoidable. I mean I can totally understand if someone is being a creeper and wont take eyes off of you and your private parts. But I guess what I dont understand is why single people arent even given a chance. It seems to me that this is being sexist in reverse. Instead of it being against women its against men. I look at it this way, I am going to act the same if my wife is stanging there holding my hand or she is in another country. So, why should someone be not be able to enjoy something they traveled and paid so much for? Randandbets, we do look at things differently. But as far as history goes, that is the only reason that males are labeled that way. There are just as many pervs/ voyers that are women as there are men. It is just not viewed as threatening when women do it so there is no big deal brought up about it. As I said these are all thoughts, I dont mean to offend anyone if I have. Thanks for all the responses

My guess would be, if they let males come to the nude beaches alone without a spouse. You would see more and more males and fewer and fewer women willing to make the first trip to the an area. Women for the most part IMO do not care to bare it all in a predominantly male populated AN area. I may be wrong, but, most of the threads you read are from women who are nervous about bearing it all, and the husbands who are pushing to try it.

I see COUPLES as a place to be a couple. I understand K's point about being accepting - its a good point. And exceptions can be made when one spouse is away for an hour or two at the spa. But why go to a place which focuses on romance and celebrates being a couple, and end up spending half the time being separated? Yes, I've been married for 16 years and understand the need for alone time, but why not just go somewhere that it is not mandatory to be a COUPLE.

LOL, gee thanks CorinaNPete!! Barbjer, I am the same way. Me and my wife do everything together. We have not experienced the AN yet. This will be our first trip to Jamaica,Couples, and an AN resort. I am not even sure we will make it to the island. But the comment that I quoted just got me to thinking. Not that I would want to do the AN by myself, just a curiousity question. Since I am new, I was trying to gather all the info I could. jamaican_junkie it is not really that obvious. I mean of all the threads you read, the AN spots are supposed to be about being ok with your natural body and accepting who you are. So, what is there to be threatened by?? I mean if everyone is naked, everyone is going to look if there is a spouse there or not its just unavoidable. I mean I can totally understand if someone is being a creeper and wont take eyes off of you and your private parts. But I guess what I dont understand is why single people arent even given a chance. It seems to me that this is being sexist in reverse. Instead of it being against women its against men. I look at it this way, I am going to act the same if my wife is stanging there holding my hand or she is in another country. So, why should someone be not be able to enjoy something they traveled and paid so much for? Randandbets, we do look at things differently. But as far as history goes, that is the only reason that males are labeled that way. There are just as many pervs/ voyers that are women as there are men. It is just not viewed as threatening when women do it so there is no big deal brought up about it. As I said these are all thoughts, I dont mean to offend anyone if I have. Thanks for all the responses
    J&AC,

First, I am not in disagreement that, philosophically speaking, it appears to be a case of reverse sexism. All I said is that, whether justified or not, historically speaking, women feel more threatened by men when in a vulnerable situation, such as being nude, than men feel threatened by women. That is no secret revelation. You don't disagree with that statement, do you? In fact, you even noted that yourself. While you say you do not act differently with or without your wife, not everyone knows every stranger's intent when he or she arrives alone on a nude beach. You cannot deny the existence of those "creepy" pervs/voyeurs.

Second, there are many nude beaches where single people are welcome so there are opportunities out there. Just not at Couples. It is called Couples for a reason, and a very high majority of people who visit the nude beaches at Couples resorts like it that way. Opening up the nude beach to single people would really change the atmosphere.

I understand the some folks like to spend every second of their vacation right next to their spouse and I think that is just awesome if that is what they choose, but what I don't like to hear is the criticism of other couples who enjoy their vacations differently from that (spending time apart, doing different things, etc...) as if couples who spend time pursuing their own loves apart are somehow doing it wrong, or are at the wrong resort. Every couple is different. Enjoy your vacation the way you enjoy it. If your vacation works best joined at the hip then I think that is great, but other couples can also decide for themselves how many minutes they spend apart on vacation. Do what works for you... and live and let live. There is no requirement that couples view their time together or apart the same way you do in order to fully enjoy a Couples vacation. My wife and I have been happily married for 31 years now and do lots of things together and lots of things apart.... even while enjoying a Couples vacation. Most folks here seem to view this the same way I do. . Respect to you all!
    Last edited by rhallva; April 9th, 2012 at 04:23 PM.

Thanks for all of the comments/responses to my post. As I have said, I mean no disrespct to anyone. And I agree if someone would want to do the AN thing without their spouse they need to go somewhere else. But, I have have to also agree with rhallva. Me and my wife spend a lot of time together but we also enjoy things apart. For example, I am a water sports junkie ( scuba, snorkel, just about anything). On the other hand, my wife could care less about it. She would rather be laying on the sand in the sun. She loves spa stuff and I wouldnt care if I neve stepped into one. My point behind the whole conversation is just my views and to find out why people jump to conclusions. Why not ask the single person that shows up what the situation is before jumping to conclusions and making them leave.