Default CSA: shuttle to/from airport question (Need help!)

We have a little dilemma here.

We are doing a two week honeymoon.. week one at CSA, and week two in New York City. We have two options for flights to NYC from Montego Bay.

1. Jetblue – Montego Bay (leaving at around 2:30pm), arriving in NYC at around 6pm. This is a nonstop flight, which we prefer, but it costs $309 per person, which is outrageously high!

2. American Airlines – Montego Bay (leaving at 7am), stopping over in Miami, arriving in NYC at around 2:30pm. This is a one stop flight, which we don’t mind, and it costs $160 per person, which is tremendously cheaper. Thing is, if we leave Montego Bay at 7am, we would need to arrive at the airport at around 5:30am, which would mean, we would need to leave CSA at 4am at the very latest. Do the shuttles leave that early? Are they 24/7? Has anyone experienced leaving CSA at a very early time to make it to an early flight?

Would love everyone’s feedback. Thanks!

What about Carribean air. 6.50 pm lands NYC at 10 pm.

Swept Away will have a shuttle available for you when you need to leave. We have left very early before and we were the only ones in the van.

I do know that once you get to Swept Away you just won't want to leave. The food options on the early departure would be the Cabana Grill only.

If it was our decision we would take the nonstop later departure. I guess your budget has to be your guide in this decision.

Congratulations and have a great trip

Randy
    it's all about the kids

www.issatrustfoundation.com

I wish I could find flights that cheap, first of all. Flying out of dfw i havent been able to anything less than about $300 per person. Secondly, i do believe that they shuttle folks to and from most anytime if day. We stayed up late with a couple one night that was catching a very early flight and they were leaving the resort well before dawn.

Yes, the shuttle will leave that early to get you to MBJ for your 7 AM flight.
    To not have to race to get up and out, would be worth the extra $$ to me. Plus time to have breakfast one last time at the Palms, overlooking the sea is a great way to remember this part of your trip.
    Congrats, and good luck.

I wish $300 was high even if it is a one way flight---you're lucky you are headed to a large city with multiple airports---try flying out of the midwest- we are paying nearly $800 per person round trip and that's after driving 3 hrs to a different airport for cheaper rates.

I believe the shuttles do run all the time, if there are flights leaving so are the shuttles. As far as the $ and the layovers- that's a personal decision

I would pay the $$ for direct and later in the day. 7am flight out of MBJ means you need to get there at 5 which has you leaving CSA at 3am! Not worth $150 to me.

thanks for everyone's feedback! we will be at CSA from tuesday (6/5) to tuesday (6/12), and will only be in NYC from tuesday (6/12)-sunday (6/17). we would love to stay for a couple more hours at CSA, but for the $300 savings, we might just have to leave a couple hrs early.

with that said, we're SUPER excited to go to CSA!

Quote Originally Posted by traveler99 View Post
    I wish $300 was high even if it is a one way flight---you're lucky you are headed to a large city with multiple airports---try flying out of the midwest- we are paying nearly $800 per person round trip and that's after driving 3 hrs to a different airport for cheaper rates.

I believe the shuttles do run all the time, if there are flights leaving so are the shuttles. As far as the $ and the layovers- that's a personal decision
    ***I should have said that WE are paying $500, friends coming with us are paying $800 (I saved by doing what I always do- book ASAP --11 months out when rates first post