Default Cutting through hedonism ii

My wife and I are staying at cn at the beginning of march. We were hoping to see some of long bay without spending a whole day at csa...I'm wondering if it is possible to walk there by cutting through hedonism II or if you have to take a cab...

We are also considering doing trading places and maybe just taking a cab back early from CSA....

Thanks for the insight!

Hedo II is not accessible from the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwrichte View Post
    ...I'm wondering if it is possible to walk there by cutting through hedonism II or if you have to take a cab....
    It is possible to walk there without doing either.
    From CN's entrance you could walk along the road until finding a suitable entry point to the beach on Long Bay. We cut through "S" resort (just South of H. II resort) with their permission, but I believe there may be public access between "H" and "S".
    It would be slightly shorter walk if you cut through "B", next door to CN, out onto the drive that serves as entrance for "B", "H" and Negil Cottages (or whatever that is now). However when we asked about that a few years ago we were given a firm "no" (they prefer that guests leave through the entrance of their own resort for security/tracking purposes).

Quote Originally Posted by jwrichte View Post
    ...We are also considering doing trading places and maybe just taking a cab back early from CSA....
    We've done this as well and it works just fine, with less walking.

You would need permission to cut thru Breezes Grand Negril and Hedonism, which from what I know have not allowed this in the past. Hedonism will allow BGN guests to cut thru to Long Bay, I am not sure if BGN will reciprocate to Hedonism guests to cut thru to Bloody Bay.

you would not be able to walk all the way around on the beach, nor by cutting through the resorts.
    We did the trading places and then took a cab back, as we'd seen all we wanted to see at CSA.

The resort next door to CN is Breezes Grand Negril, not Hedonism. It's not possible to cut through Breezes. Like the Couples Resorts, access to resort property is limited to resort guests.

I think your best bet is your second suggestion. Visit CSA through the Trading Places Program; if you want to return to CN early, have the front desk call a cab for you.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

If you ask nicely you can often (but not always) cut through Hedo to get to Long Bay. You may even be able to arrange to cut through Breezes to then just walk across the driveway to get to Hedo.

It's good to remember though that once you head up the beach from Hedo you get to Sandals and beyond that there is a place where you need to either walk in the water or head up to the road for a bit. Once you get back on the beach on Long Bay you can go a long ways after that.

When we were at CSA 2 years ago we wanted to walk the beach to CN. We walked to Hedo 2 and from there you need to walk the road for a stretch. I tried 2 times at different locations and security guards stopped us twice and would not let us out in the road. At this point my wife was not interested in continueing the quest so we headed back. It was a nice walk though. Walking thru Hedo was interesting.

I ran to Hedo a few years ago from Swept. Once I got on property I found myself in a sprint back to Couples trying to scratch my eyes out!

Default Cutting through hedonism ii

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    If you ask nicely you can often (but not always) cut through Hedo to get to Long Bay. You may even be able to arrange to cut through Breezes to then just walk across the driveway to get to Hedo.

It's good to remember though that once you head up the beach from Hedo you get to Sandals and beyond that there is a place where you need to either walk in the water or head up to the road for a bit. Once you get back on the beach on Long Bay you can go a long ways after that.
    Once you get past Sandals you don`t need to walk on the road or in the water as there is now a fairly nice path.
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
    ... Visit CSA through the Trading Places Program; if you want to return to CN early, have the front desk call a cab for you.
    Tip:
    Though you do need to notify the Front Desk at CSA that you are part of the trading places and are leaving early, we found that it was more expensive to get a taxi through them.
    The Front Desk taxi was going to be $16, but we knew that most taxis would be ~$6. (yeah, we can be cheap like that). We asked the guard out front by the road to get a taxi for us (you want a "licensed" taxi - with red plates). We paid $10 including the tip.

We've also known guest to take the included shuttle to Margaritaville, but just skip that trap and use the transportation to walk Long Bay.

We signed up for trading places while at CN and visited CSA. While there, we had lunch, a couple of drinks, and then spent the rest of the day walking the beach. We took the scheduled resort shuttle back, but you can get a cab if you want to return earlier.
    Jan and Mark
    CN 2009
    CSA 2011
    CSA 2013
    CSS 2014

Quote Originally Posted by bama x 2 View Post
    i ran to hedo a few years ago from swept. Once i got on property i found myself in a sprint back to couples trying to scratch my eyes out!
    lol!!!!!!!!!!