Default margaritaville???

so, not to be a complete snob, but am I missing something here? is the margaritaville excursion to the jimmy buffet chain? don't get me wrong, there's plenty good to say about being a parrothead, but what gives? is this any different than what is in the U.S? if I can drive 15 min at home to go there , unless there is something I'm missing, why would I go there in Paradise? really, I don't want to miss something super fun, but I feel like going to a "chain" would be a waste. at CSA we went to Rick's. it was fine to check out once because I had never been, but not sure about this one. tell me friends, super fun, or super spring break?
    thanks!!!

Nice to say you've been and get a photo but other then that no big deal and over priced. You can walk from CSA, it to the left if your facing the ocean.

Well, perhaps it didn't occur to you that the Margaritaville locations in the States are few and far between - mostly in coastal cities or touristy places like Vegas, and not everyone has the opportunity to drive 15 minutes to visit one, should they so desire. Those with a mind to go visit Margaritaville because of never having been before might see this as an opportunity to check it out without a lot of hassle and extra expense in getting there.

If you think it would be a waste, then it probably would. After all, like you said - it's a chain. I've heard it's fun but the drinks are expensive. I've visited one in an airport and that was fine for me.

Actually I like the one at Ocho Rios, not so much at Negril.

Lame. Yep, it's Lame. We usually visit it in the airport while we are waiting for our flight and that's enough for us.

Just like any other chain of bars/grills--Margaritavilles are expensive- having been to a handful....so I'd say the delight of walking down to Negril's would be to look at the prices and relish in the fact you can go back to CSA and have any drink/food your heart desires and not pay a penny

Something I have seen on here that I can't understand for the life of me is how many people pay top $ to go to one of the best all-inclusives in the world then hike it out of the resort as quickly as they can to eat and drink at other establishments??? Why pay for the all inclusive treatment then?

When I visit CSA in 62 days 18 hours 24 minutes and 40 seconds I will stroll down the beach to the left, take my camera with me and take my pictures. I am quite certain that the sunset will not be any better a few hundred yards down the beach, and I am absolutely certain that I will enjoy that sunset more with and ice cold Red Stripe that is included in my stay at Couples.
    We stop in the Margaritaville at the airport on the way home :-( just to drown our sorrows
    Mick

We went to the one in Ocho Rios for lunch during the shopping trip. Service was so poor we never got beyond a warm beer and coke for $10. We also hit the one at the airport. At least there we got a "burger in Paradise" with our warm beer and coke. All for just over $40. Now granted we hadn't spent a $ while on the resort, but still, just not worth it in our opinion and we can't drive just 15 minutes to get to one. But again that is just our opinion.
    Vicky

Never knew where one was until I read about the excursion (none in NE). Excited to say the only one I have been to was in Jamaica. Totally going to check it out!

"Something I have seen on here that I can't understand for the life of me is how many people pay top $ to go to one of the best all-inclusives in the world then hike it out of the resort as quickly as they can to eat and drink at other establishments??? Why pay for the all inclusive treatment then?"

We leave the resort even though we've paid for all-inclusive because nothing beats the local community in Negril. You aren't even seeing Jamaica if you just stay on the resort all day. You are kind of getting a skewed impression we think. It's a way to meet amazing people, try local food and just experience something different.

traveler99, that's totally how i feel! we are paying plenty to stay at couples, unless it was a jamaican-specific excursion, I really have no interest. I'm going to drink and shake my booty at cti.
    thanks everyone!!!

We live in Idaho, so when I saw this excursion listed, I actually didn't know what it was. I had to look it up on the internet! So I may check it out, it will give us something to do at night since it seems there isn't alot to do at night and we are night owls! We aren't big drinkers so the cost wouldn't be too much of an issue for us, it would be just for the experience.

The very first time we visited Swept Away we did the Wed night margaritaville trip. It was fun but have never done it again. On our second trip we finally realized how close we were to Margaritaville so each trip since have just walked down. Last year I walked down myself with no worries. From the first time we visited if you tear off a section on the menu you get a free margarita on next visit. As we usually hit it at the airport each year we come back with a free margarita coupon so we head down and have one on the beach. W e live in Canada so our only one is Niagara Falls and have no interest. I go to every Jimmy concert that comes to Toronto and have never been disappointed. If nothing else it's a nice little walk down to Margaritaville and even beyond for a little excursion. two weeks and I'll be having a little stroll.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLoveEnergy View Post
    "Something I have seen on here that I can't understand for the life of me is how many people pay top $ to go to one of the best all-inclusives in the world then hike it out of the resort as quickly as they can to eat and drink at other establishments??? Why pay for the all inclusive treatment then?"

We leave the resort even though we've paid for all-inclusive because nothing beats the local community in Negril. You aren't even seeing Jamaica if you just stay on the resort all day. You are kind of getting a skewed impression we think. It's a way to meet amazing people, try local food and just experience something different.
    To each their own, I go to Couples, that is our destination, it happens to be in Jamaica.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLoveEnergy View Post

We leave the resort also, but going to Margaritaville is not seeing or experiencing local food, drink or entertainment. It is a chain restaurant, albeit one of the few in Jamaica. We have been to OR, Airport and the Montego Bay (on the water) Margaritaville.
    Vicky

Well, when my husband and I went to CSA for trading places, we went down to Margaritaville. It was a nice walk down the beach. We met alot of great locals and bought some Jamaican pears from a lady on the beach. By the time we got to the resturant we were thirsty. Having never been to a Margaritaville befor, I had to try the drinks. They were good and costly, but, the drinks were good as we walked back to our lovely resort. And, we saw our Jamaican pear lady and got a few more for the road.
    We probably would venture back down the beach towards margaritaville, but this time we would stop at a local bar for drinks.
    So, dont be hating on the people who want to take that walk. They may decide to buy a few things from the locals.
    One Love,
    Mya

We stay at CN and take the Trading Places pass and go to Swept Away for the day. We walk all along the beach
    And we do stop at Margaritaville to shop in the gift shop and take pictures. It is fun but so are all the other places
    Along the beach..