Thread: Why CTI?

Default Why CTI?

Why is CTI the least expensive resort? We are planning to go there at the end of March because all the reading I have done on these boards and other places but we are just wondering why it's the cheapest? Any ideas?

Who knows? We don't care. We just love CTI. We have trip #6 booked. Also, that is not always the case. Keep in mind March is Spring Break time and Negril is more of a Spring Break destination. Maybe that is why.
    Vicky

Probably because they don't have the best beach like they do in Negril.

We have been to Jamaica every year since 1996 and Negril is almost always more expensive than Ocho Rios. Not just at the Couples Resorts but Negril in general. I think the big draw for Negril is the long flat 7 mile stretch of beach with palm trees. It has that laid back beach vibe during the day and party atmosphere at night. It can be crowded certain times of the year, Reggae festival, Reggae Marathon, Spring break etc.
    I personally love Ocho Rios and the surrounding scenery, more tropical folliage, more hills etc. Dunns River Falls and Mystic Mountain are must sees. One should try to visit both sides of Jamaica if they can

Interesting question, prior to the renovations it was the oldest "looking" resort and I believe the oldest resort built, could be the reason.

Fartherest from MoBay??

And I agree with Vicky, who cares why....the place is awesome. Heading back soon, trip #3.
    Peace,
    BostonWalt

I think it may be the least expensive because it is more "hotel" like. Personally I LOVE CTI and the style of the buildings along with the wonderful decor.

The beach is small but completely private, you really cannot ask for better customer service. From the time you step foot in the resort you will be greeted by the main bell hop(tall man) who is all smiles to Tanish and Kenisha at the swim up bar and Martini Bar you will be treated like family. THAT is what makes CTI the #2 Resort in The Caribbean, Bermuda and Bahamas in Travel and Leisure Magazine for 2011.

All 4 Couples resorts made the top 10 list! The only other resort on Jamaica to make the top 100 was The Rock Resort. CTI was also just named #7 in the World by Yahoo Travel.

Why is the least expensive? IDK and I really do not care.....but lets keep it that way!

I never thought about it before. We have been going there since 1995. Back then, it was the original all inclusive resort, and the only resort that Couples had. But don't let the low price fool you. It is certainly not because you get less. In fact, you get more at the new CTI, not less. And the recent multi- million dollar renovation is absolutely spectacular. You will love it.

Perhaps Randy can tell us why CTI is less than the other three properties.

Well, I'm throwing in a couple pennies here...

Maybe, and some of the long-timers can correct me, it has to do with CTI being smaller than the other resorts? Add in the travel to get there (about 2hrs when we went) and the small beach, and that probably gives you the reason right there. Probably also has to do with property taxes (I'm presuming Jamaica has them?) as the resorts around Negril, being closer to MBJ, also attract more tourists in general, resulting in more $$$, so the government can then charge more in taxes.

Either way, whether I'm right, wrong, or incredibly wrong, CTI is a wonderful resort, and we're very glad we went there.

So glad, we're going back in 2013!
    Jason
    CTI in 472 days!

Sue, you and Adolf will be there soon! We're going a bit later 15th--25th.
    Be sure to wish Adolf Happy Birthday from Jack & Barbara.... Enjoy!

I wondered that as well. But it is one of the reasons we chose CTI for our first visit to Jamaica. We were on a budget and it offered more, and was the least expensive, so it made sense.

Supply and Demand.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

Smaller, maybe in area. Small beach, definitely. But also a PRIVATE beach and a quiet beach. There is only one vendor and they are by the logo shop. Mike the shelf guy rides his board out beyond the ropes to sell shells, but only speaks if spoken to. The only boats are those from CTI. The most amazing staff and great food. We always meet the greatest people there also. I think travel time can vary. It used to take 2 hours before the new road and if someone on the shuttle takes forever at the stop, well 2 hours. On our next to last trip, the driver asked and no one wanted to stop, so 1 1/4 hours. Last year, only one person wanted to stop, everyone but hubby and I got off and the driver told everyone to make it quick.
    Vicky

Thanks Jack! We had a blast last year. Sorry we will miss you guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by novascotiajack View Post
    Sue, you and Adolf will be there soon! We're going a bit later 15th--25th.
    Be sure to wish Adolf Happy Birthday from Jack & Barbara.... Enjoy!

In March we will make our 77th. trip to a Couples Resort. It will be our 75th. trip to CTI. Why? It was our first trip to Jamaica for our Honeymoon in 1972 when it was Tower Isle(same Owners), in 1973 as Tower Isle for a second Honeymoon(same Owners), In 1978 when it became Couples Ocho Rios(the very first all inclusive in Jamaica), and every year since. All of the reasons that were already given are the very reasons we will always go to CTI. As for the price. . . . We've never compared and we don't even care.

Quote Originally Posted by jgsaks View Post
    In March we will make our 77th. trip to a Couples Resort. It will be our 75th. trip to CTI. Why? It was our first trip to Jamaica for our Honeymoon in 1972 when it was Tower Isle(same Owners), in 1973 as Tower Isle for a second Honeymoon(same Owners), In 1978 when it became Couples Ocho Rios(the very first all inclusive in Jamaica), and every year since. All of the reasons that were already given are the very reasons we will always go to CTI. As for the price. . . . We've never compared and we don't even care.
    Were you there for the Anniversary party in January? I think we met! We will be back March 3-8 for my husband's 60th birthday

Sueboo,
    We were and we did meet, but I don't remember names very well. Have a fabulous time for your hubby's sixtieth.

Omg!!! 77 times to couples!!!! Wow

jgsaks - what dates will you be there in March? (We are March 3-10)

May 25 to June 1. Sorry we'll miss you. Anniversary next year?

I can tell you that the first time we travelled to CTI, we did so because we were on a budget and it had all we wanted at the most affordable price. Now that we are planning our next trip, we are doing so because it was the single most romantic, relaxing, high quality vacation we have ever experienced anywhere in the world. We will be back many times.

I'm so sorry Sueboo that I said March when in actuality it is Mat 25 to June 1. Sorry again!

We hope to see you Jan. 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jgsaks View Post
    I'm so sorry Sueboo that I said March when in actuality it is Mat 25 to June 1. Sorry again!