Default Appleton Rum Factory

We are going to be at CSS and just wondering if anyone knows if they offer a tour to Appleton Rum Factory from the resort? If so what days and how much. Thanks

We would like to know as well, we are going next year and want to tour the Rum Factory too!

CSS April 29-May 10, 2013

Not sure, but that's a pretty long haul from CSS

just found this when looking at our account on the Couples site, there is a list of add on stuff you can purchase, one of which is a tour that includes the Appleton Factory....

http://couples.com/tours/ToursOchoRiosJamaica.pdf

CSS April 29-May 10, 2013

I know CN offers a tour that includes the Rum Factory. The Factory is located in Cornwall, which seems like it would be quite a long trip from Ocho. The CN tour includes Black River boat tour, YS Falls and the Rum Factory. I believe we paid $95 a few years ago.

Bobby and Lisa, that tour sounds fantastic. Did you arrange that through the resort? I assume same/similar would be offered through CSA. I'm assuming you enjoyed it?

Appleton Rum tour is on the Negril side of things ...... If you are staying CSS, that's gonna be a LONG day I'd say. We've stayed in Negril & did tours like Dunns River Falls & Martha Brae River Trip which are near Ocho Rios (CSS) & it was a LONG LONG day ...... I wouldn't do it ..... Lots of time in a van when you could be at the resort. I'd say wait until you're staying at CN or CSA ............
    Julie

MNJenRN, yes CN arranged the tour, and I know that our tour bus stopped at CSA to pick up people, so I think you're good to go! We definitely enjoyed it -- not only were the three places fun (and different), but the trip allowed us to see a part or the island we obviously don't see while at the resort. Have to say..we so were not prepared for the Rum Factory Tour hospitality...at the end of the tour, they put us in front of a circular bar that had every single rum they manufacturer, gave us a stack of small glass cups, and encouraged us to try as many as we wanted, no limitations except that we use a different cup for each taste. :-)

I know this might be a stupid question but do they give you a chance to buy any of the types of rum you try while at the factory?

Quote Originally Posted by Shartalin View Post
    I know this might be a stupid question but do they give you a chance to buy any of the types of rum you try while at the factory?
    Yes, you can definitely buy the rum and rum cream at Appleton Estate, but it's not a very good deal. Still cheaper to buy at the airport on your way home. However, at the end of the tour, you get to sample everything and they don't limit the number of samples like they do at most breweries, wineries, and distilleries in the US. Drink up! It helps smooth out the ride back to the resort, which is the longest stretch of the trip.