Default 8th day of no power on Long Island!

Charging & catching up at a friends house after Hurricane Sandy. Got through last night by thinking about the island of my dreams - Jamaica, certainly not Long Island NY! Headed to CSS in Feb., can't get here quick enough.

We feel for you Cat. we Live in Patchogue. we did ok this time, hope you are the same,but if you need any help let us know

My heart goes out to you. Seeing the devastation on TV was just overwhelming. The storm came and went and everybody just went on with their lives. Well, almost everybody. And those are the people still without electricity, or a warm bed, or even a home.
    Stay strong. Try and take it just one day at a time. As with all the other trials that face us in life, they happen one day at a time.

Good idea...keep thinking about Jamaica. Before you know it, you will be sitting on the beach laughing about all of this (well, maybe not laughing, but you likely get my drift). No problems mon (soon!).

It must be a Jamaica thing! We too are from Long Island and were without power for 5 days. I woke up telling my hubby about my wonderful dreams of CN. We are counting the days till Dec. I so hope your power returns to by today. We pray for all those who were devasted by Hurricane Sandy. Stay Safe!

Hi thecat,
    My wife and I are from the South Shore on Island and our hearts go out to you struggling through Sandy's aftermath. My sister lives in Seaford and isn't expecting to get power back until the 14th which is very upsetting. Please keep CSS in your thoughts to keep you warm inside as you return to a normal life, hopefully sooner than later.
    Steve

FINALLY!!! After 13 cold, dark days we're up & running. Now to the laundry, clean up, laundry & food shopping then maybe some more laundry. We have much more appreciation for our everyday conveniences & more importantly our family & friends who supported us throughout the last 2 weeks. Getting a look at the devastation throughout LI, NY & NJ - WOW, in retrospect we were very lucky. Thanks for the kind words of support from my Couples friends; looking forward to throwing back a few Bob Marleys with those of you who will be at CSS 2/18-25 & if your not there I'll be thinking of all of you.

FINALLY!!! After 13 cold, dark days we're up & running. Now to the laundry, clean up, laundry & food shopping then maybe some more laundry. We have much more appreciation for our everyday conveniences & more importantly our family & friends who supported us throughout the last 2 weeks. Getting a look at the devastation throughout LI, NY & NJ - WOW, in retrospect we were very lucky. Thanks for the kind words of support from my Couples friends; looking forward to throwing back a few Bob Marleys with those of you who will be at CSS 2/18-25 & if your not there I'll be thinking of all of you.

We live in Westchester. No power for a week and no cable (so on tv, phone, or internet) for two. A pain, but we feel fortunate that we only suffered utility outages. Some people lost so much more.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).