Default We can't decide where to go on our honeymoon!! please give us feedback

hey everyone. my soon to be wide and I are booking August 4th. it will be our first couples trip and our honeeymoon as well. we are active and will be doing some water activities, and we love bing social. what do you all recommend? also, how is August weather?

looking forward to the feedback

Congrats to you! Oh definitely Couples Negril would be so romantic for your honeymoon. My husband and i are celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary April 29th and will be there for 10 days. It will be our 4th trip and let me tell you we don't want to go anywhere else. We've been on 7 or 8 cruises, gone to other resorts, Aruba, etc. but nothing can top Couples in Negril. If you want to join in the actvities you can and if want alone time, enjoy!

Sounds like CSA is your place. We prefer CN, but we are more laid back when at Couples. Of course, if you want the AN experience, then CSA is not an option, so I would go with CN. We went to CTI on our honeymoon in 2009, and it was great, but the beach is our thing, and it is much nicer in Negril than in Ocho Rios.

The weather should be fine. Hot of course, but not extremely so. Hurricane season isn't usually that active in the Caribbean in August (usually), but you can always get trip insurance if that is a concern.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

Go down there early and get just the spot you want. Some may recommend a place next to the hedge, but you don't get as much breeze there and it gets pretty toasty. I recommend a spot under or near the seagrape trees on the left, where the hammocks are. Once you get settled in, you won't even think twice about it.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

First off, you gotta learn something. Refering to your wife as "my wide" is going to lead to a really short marrige! Ok, kidding aside, Negril baby! Check out the pictures of the two resorts on the Couples site, and on Tripadvisor.com and just go with the one that you feel like you would rather be at. It's a no loose situation, but they are diff. There's alot more beach walking, if you want, and places to see on the beach at Swept Away, so that might be a point. August is hot and humid but you got the SEA, and A.C. You'll also have some cold refreshing, Red Stripes to keep the heat down. Have a blast with your wide!

Hi...I've never been to Couples but we are going July 14th - 21st for our honeymoon. First Couples trip too.

We decided to go to Tower Isle since there is a lot of activities included in the package plus the extras you can pay for.

Have Fun!

Partial to CTI - firs time there in 1980 for honeymoon and they offer the most activities and outside excusions. But every resort is beautiful and unique in their own way - love them all - our home away from home. You can not find any other resorts (have been to many others) that have the best staff, food, management, activities, so on and so.........!

Congratulations and Enjoy!

We're heading down in August for our Honeymoon too! Though we will probably just miss you as we're planning 12th-22nd. We're going through the same thing right now, as we're trying to decide between CSA/CN. I've been to CTI and it was nice, and was recently updated.

I have figured this much out Negril vs CTI. CTI is a small private beach (there's not really going to be "walking on the beach"). Negril is a large public beach (read as vendors, etc). The ocean floor at CTI is rough (corral) so take water shoes. Supposedly the ocean floor at negril is sand (we like that!). Not sure if Sharon and Venque are still there, but they are great bartenders. Of course there is Capt. Kirk, and Byron. Again, it's been a while, but all their staff was great.

The AN (nude) beach option as CTI is very private (it's an island), so if that's important to you, it's something to consider. There's a swim up bar on the island. We did it the last day, but wish we hadn't waited. It's rather invigorating.

There wasn't a lot of "nightlife" at CTI, but there was the piano bar. CTI is a rather condensed property, so not a lot of walking. The sunsets are supposed better on the Negril side, but that'd mean the sunrises are going to be better at ocho rios (pretty amazing).

I hope you have a great honeymoon, no matter where you choose!

People say this all the time but just look at all four resorts and see which one is calling to you. CN called to us and we are going back for our 7th trip. You can't go wrong. This really is easy. Don't worry too much. If you are at a Couples resort, you will have the time of your life!