Default Hurricane season

Just wondering if anyone travels during hurricane season and what to expect?
    Is one side of the island more prone to the hurricane than the other?

We have. Make sure you have trip insurance. It was really no different we thought. (we've also gone in May). We are PLANNING on returning 'home' to CSA this October. ::fingers crossed::

Hurricane season is from June through the end of November. We used to go in October for many years. Never had a problem. We were also at CTI one week after the 2004 hurricane Ivan. The resort lost quite a number of rooms in the main building when the roof fell to the lobby. Water was coming down the stairs and it looked like Dunn's River. There was an incredible amount of debris on the beach. Trees and logs and lots of other stuff. Many of the guests were out there every day helping to pick everything up. They also brought in a front end loader for the real heavy stuff. The beach also took a hard hit. Lots of erosion.
    Over the past few years, we have been going in November and I only remember one of those trips where the weather was really lousy. But we never let the weather dictate our time there.

As r&cford wrote, be sure to have trip insurance.

We always say that a bad day in Jamaica is better than a good day at home.

I've heard that hurricanes seldom hit Jamaica.

We have traveled in April, June, July and late Oct/Nov. We like Oct/Nov the best. We did have a hurricane that was projected towards Jamaica and as the days go by it ended up turning before it got to Kingston and just had a rainy windy day on the day we left.

The resort is not as full and the weather was terrific! BUT we do buy the insurance because of the time of year. We are returning this year and have only
    36 weeks to go....

Quote Originally Posted by r&cford View Post
    We have. Make sure you have trip insurance. It was really no different we thought. (we've also gone in May). We are PLANNING on returning 'home' to CSA this October. ::fingers crossed::
    We've gone the last week in October for the last 3 years and have had great weather.....
    Captain Jim
    "I will grow old....
    But I won't grow up"