We got back last week from our 6th trip to CSA and 7th trip to Couples. Others have posted much more detailed reviews lately. I would just like to highlight a few areas.

First of all, the service EVERYWHERE was outstanding! After some recent reviews on this message board and TA, I was on the lookout for any and all service miscues. Here is a complete list of the service mistakes: 1) Bob ordered steak medium rare twice and both times it was served rare; and 2) our pre-meal cocktails were not delivered at Feathers. END OF LIST. Even one of my own personal pet peeves, the check-in process, was smoooooth as silk. We had done the pre-checkin and everything was ready for us, including our two resort credit certificates and repeater gift. Our mini bar was set up that evening. Now that's service.

Things we absolutely loved: The new coffee carafes that they leave on your table at breakfast at the Palms. The new eliptical and bike at the gym. The spa (I had a facial and we had our Couples massage). The entire snorkel crew. The Super Bowl party was a blast (3 big screens, great sound system, tons of food) - well, until it reained. Good thing we had a room with a TV.

We were in room 3117 - first floor beachfront verandah suite. We love our BFVS rooms! You can't get any closer to the beach for the price in my experience (and I travel every week for work). The first night I left our verandah door open while we were both reading in bed, and the security guard actually knocked at our door to let us know our door was open. How is that for attention to detail?

We walked the beach one morning toward and past Margaritaville. In spots, the beach is eroded all the way to the front of buildings, so CSA is very fortunate with their beach.

Every year we seem to have a different favorite restaurant, I guess depending on the mood we're in. This year we LOVED Lemon Grass. Keep in mind that Lemon Grass is not so much a Thai restaurant as a Pan Asian restaurant. I got the snapper and the pork ribs on two visits; Bob got the Pad Thai both trips. The service was attentive and friendly. Our wine glass never got less than half full!

Since I mentioned wines, it seemed to us that the house wines have been upgraded. We found them all to be pretty darn good.

We did miss the little bottles of aloe vera in the room!

The maid service was outstanding. The room was spotless. I saw no signs of mold or cracking grout or anything else like that in our room. And of course there's the super comfy bed!!!

I will try to attach a photo with a view from our room.

We met so many lovely people, both old and new friends. Special hello to those wacky kids Randy and Donna, Cindy and Todge, Karen and Fred, and Kristen and Dan.

OK, and a final word about the beach lounger situation. I've posted elsewhere already, but here goes. There are MORE THAN ENOUGH loungers with floaty pads on the beach. During our first five days there, the chair saving was ridiculous - people saving 14 chairs together, even though all 14 people are never there at the same time. They also block access to the beach when they do this. Don't even get me started on the people who save two sets of chairs. But all of this vanished our second five days there, and it's not because there were fewer people on the resort. The clientele during the second half of our trip simply weren't the 6:00 a.m. chair saving types. I know that CSA can't play good cop/bad cop with the chairs. However, maybe some sort of policy that you can't have 12 or 14 chairs together blocking the beach? Maybe the watersports guys can politely let people know that 14 chairs together are blocking access?

Finally, was there partying? You betcha, including us. One evening, a group of 20 was crowded in the jacuzzi for a few hours. But you know what? They were out of there by 7:00, and it wasn't a problem at all. Lord knows what people thought of us doing Bob Marley shots on Bob Marley's birthday to celebrate Donna's scuba certification (congrats again Donna!).

A word to newcomers - go and enjoy Couples! It's not a five star resort, we've stayed at 5 star resorts in the Caribbean, but do you know where we come back to year after year for our winter vacation? Couples.

Name:  CSA Feb 12.jpg
Views: 1255
Size:  45.6 KB