Default CSA for honeymoon - must do's, things to pass on etc.

Hello everyone,

My fiancé and I will be celebrating our honeymoon at CSA in April. I would love some feedback on some things you must do while there and things to absolutely stay away from. We plan on doing a few excursions while there as well (horseback riding, catamaran and maybe deep sea fishing). We are staying in an ocean view verandah suite and wouldn't mind some feedback on the room as well. I have done tons of research and know we made the right choice but I would still love some feedback from people that have been there.

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Don't miss the catamaran cruise, watching the world class sunsets and the grilled red snapper at Sea Grapes cafe.

Once you get there, request a third floor corner room in one of the buildings by the hot tub. You'll be centrally located and have a great view of the Caribbean Sea. Also, try snorkeling. It's relaxing, romantic and totally cool. We loved having pre-dinner drinks at the Martini Bar above the Palms restaurant. Take a night time stroll across the property. Enjoy CSA. It's beautiful and super romantic and has the most breathtaking beach you will ever see. CSA ROCKS!!!!

Pass on the horseback riding, unless it's a separate excursion being offered off of the beach. The horseback riding on the beach is offered by vendors walking up and down the beach...you basically pay, get on a horse, and the horse slowly walks beside the vendor while you ride along a very busy beach. It seemed insanely boring and not at all what you would expect.

Definitely do the catamaran cruise (do it more than once if you can!)...it was one of our favorite parts of the trip. Also, had I known to do this, I would have booked dinner at the reservation only restaurants every night of our stay...Patois Patio was good, but we never really liked The Palms for dinner...Try a Bob Marley shot! ...We went on the Glass Bottom Boat tour, it was fun, and it's kinda of a scenic tour of 7 Mile Beach...

I wish I could give more advice on excursions, but unfortanetly, it rained our entire trip so we had to cancel most of our plans, including the snorkeling which we never got to do
    Danielle & Mike
    ----> Honeymooned at CSA June '11!
    --------> Really can't wait to be "home" again!

Definitely go across the street and check out the spa and the sports complex. The spa is one of our favorite treats while we are there and there is a lap pool and whirlpool at the sports complex. Plus they have some amazing smoothies and infused water.

Once a week they have an incredible bonfire on the beach. Lounge chairs are arranged in a big circle and you lie there under the stars listening to the most amazing music played by a very talented guitar player...very, very romantic and memorable! Don't miss it!

Hi Bebella,

Sorry to hear that it rained the whole time you were there. Did you guys honeymoon in early, mid or late June? We're gonna be there in June 4-11, 2012. Did it rain 24/7?

I would definitely recommend the Parasailing. It's a bit pricey, but it was a very smooth ride, and we got some incredible pictures from the air. Just remember to bring some cash to tip the drivers.

The catamaran trip is a must. Another (IMO) is the orientation tour. Monica and I didnt do one until our second visit and missed a lot of things that we now enjoy every trip. Ultimate Chocolate at the Aura Lounge is also something that can't be missed.
    Try the glass bottom boat, go snorkeling (day and/or night), scuba diving, and maybe even a private dinner on the beach or at the gazebo.
    I agree with staying away from the horseback riding and also recommend spending more time at the spa (couples massages are great ) instead of deep sea fishing.

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

A guided tour of the resort is offered daily at 10 am and 5 pm. Plan to take the tour early in your stay. It will help you quickly become acquainted with the resort's layout. CSA is large and spread-out. Even though we'd stayed at CN more than 10 times, we still took the CSA tour.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).