Hybrid View

Default CN for honeymoon real soon :D

Hey folks

Little under 2 months until i get married, and we are going to CN for 2 weeks for our honeymoon

Honestly cannot wait!

I thought it would be nice to have a private dinner for two, was thinking of the tree house meal rather than the beach as i worry about there being sandflees?? if there are any?

We also want to take the sun set cruise and probably a trip to duns river falls? We all ready have the honeymooners package so get a nice massage on the beach but was wondering if there is anything else you guys would recomend we try?

We will be there from the 3rd of may

Thank you
    Craig

oh also is negril worth paying a visit to for a spot of shopping?

Only 65 days to wait

Hi Couplesnoobie!
    Congrats on your marriage!!! Enjoy all CN has to offer---my only caution is a tour to Dunns River Falls will be quite a trip. It's in Ochi, and will take most of your day. You're staying for 2 weeks, just be aware that if you do that excursion it will probably take most of a day....but it is so beautiful it may be worth it! Just try to go on a day when cruise ships aren't in port---otherwise it will be super crowded! There are other beautiful waterfalls that are closer to you that might be a better excursion.

All the best!
    suzyQ

Hello..looks like you guys might be there the same time as us. We are leaving April 27th until May 6th.
    We just might see you there.

Also, I say absolutely YES, you should go into Negril to shop. Or just go into Negril to hang out and see Negril. It's pretty cool. The market is lovely and you can get a lot of things WAY cheaper at the local grocery store. That is where we bought alch, teas and things like that to take home.

Quote Originally Posted by Couplesnoobie View Post
    I thought it would be nice to have a private dinner for two, was thinking of the tree house meal rather than the beach as i worry about there being sandflees?? if there are any?

We also want to take the sun set cruise and probably a trip to duns river falls?...
    Craig
    We liked the private dinner in the tree house. The beach is probably nice as well. If you wanted to try that but are worried about sand fleas at night you might ask for the "spa hut". It is on the beach but is on a raised wooden platform that might afford some protection.

Dunn's River Falls is in Ocho Rios - the other side of the island - and I wouldn't recommend taking that long of a trip during your time there.
    Last edited by rudi; February 24th, 2012 at 11:32 AM.

Hi Noobie!

Don't go on the Dunns River trip, it's like 2 1/2 hours away & the trip down the river falls only last about 20 minutes, then it's another long 2 1/2 hour ride back to Negril...I don't think it's worth the trip. Do the YS Falls trip instead, it's much closer & has a beautiful waterfall.

Enjoy Negril!!!