Default Drinks on the Beach

Every island is different, as we are finding out. In St. Thomas you can openly walk around with alcohol containers off your resort and through the streets. While in Puerto Rico, we were told this is unexceptable. So what I am wondering is, is it legal to walk along the beaches off of your resort with alcoholic drinks? I am seeing all of this talk about the Office of Nature and will probably want to walk and drink at the same time. Can't wait! 47 more days till CN! 50 until our vow renewal. So excited.

we have never had a problem walling and drinking on bloody bay long bay or the west end ... i have no clue if it is legal but after many trips never had a problem nor even consider NOT doing it - please note make sure all trash is placed where it belongs.
    one of our favorite activities is a long bay pub crawl ...so drink walk enjoy

We were allowed to walk past the resort with drinks, no problem. We will be going in November and also doing vow renewals.

I've never had a problem with walking and drinking... but I've seen people who have... NOT a pretty sight!
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

We were just at CSA and walked a good bit past the end of the resort with our drinks more than once. Not sure if it's allowed but we weren't stopped. We did not walk the streets so that may be a different story.
    http://tinypic.com/a/19if6/3 - pix from CSA 8/18-8/25

No problem walking with open containers in Jamaica. You can but a red strip or rum punch about every 10 feet!
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

From what I understand, there are bars along the way. I wouldn't imagine that it would be a problem. Have fun!!
    Kristen

Awesome! Thanks everyone!