Thread: Csa atm

Default Csa atm

Heading to CSA next week, first time. Whoo Hoo!!!!!! Is there an ATM on site and do you get JA or US cash? If JA cash, how is the exchange rate? and what are the atm fees? I have a bank of America debit card that I would use. Thank You!

Take US, and I'd suggest taking it with you. I'd suggest taking cash ($300-$500 for tips/excursions) and a credit card. Most debit cards do not provide the same level of fraud protection that credit cards do.

Hi, The FAQ on this site says that there are no ATMS on the Couples resorts. So, would need to head elsewhere to find one... Maybe simpler to bring cash?

You can pay for all your excursions by credit card. Do not bring a debit card as they are very easy to hack and you'll have no recourse to get your money back. Bring cash for the beach vendors and if you walk up 7 Mile Beach. If you bring $300 in small bills - nothing bigger than a $10 - you'd normally take home change. But this is your first trip and you're going to be buying souvenirs like there's no tomorrow, bring $500 in cash. Same deal, though, nothing bigger than a $10 and lots of $1 - you don't want Jamaican money in change.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

We were just there in November and there IS an ATM on CSA. They had it... Took it out... And then put another back in. It is upstairs from the main lobby, next to the cash office. Its kind of expensive to take money out (it gives american dollars) so I would suggest brining cash. There are safes in the room to keep it.

For what its worth the visa debit card had the same protection as a visa credit card. Just tell your bank your travel plan and run it threw as a credit card.

Quote Originally Posted by redinthehead View Post
    For what its worth the visa debit card had the same protection as a visa credit card. Just tell your bank your travel plan and run it threw as a credit card.
    There are differences actually. http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/cons...dit/cre04.shtm

Quote Originally Posted by Partyoftwo View Post
    Take US, and I'd suggest taking it with you. I'd suggest taking cash ($300-$500 for tips/excursions) and a credit card. Most debit cards do not provide the same level of fraud protection that credit cards do.
    That's not true of a Visa debit card. Anything with a Visa logo, whether a credit card, debit card, or pre-paid card offers the same Visa protection. Take it from someone who has had unauthorized charged on all three types of Visa cards. I've never had a problem getting the money back.
    CSA - May 2012
    CN - May 2013
    CSS - October 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Partyoftwo View Post
    That is the maximum liability under federal law. Visa/Mastercard cannot make you liable for MORE, but they can make you liable for LESS.

This is from Visa's website at http://usa.visa.com/personal/cards/d....html#anchor_2

How is a Visa Debit card better than cash or checks?
    More convenient — Using your Visa Debit card is fast and easy. Access your funds 24/7 and make purchases at millions of locations worldwide that accept Visa debit cards. You don't need to keep cash on hand — so you make fewer trips to the ATM and don't need to fumble for change.
    More secure — Visa monitors your account 24 hours a day to help prevent, detect and resolve fraud on your Visa Debit card. With Visa Zero Liability, you are not responsible for unauthorized purchases. Any funds taken from your account due to fraudulent use will be returned to you.* Cash does not offer security protections; and once you lose it, it's gone. See the complete list of protections.
    Security/protection and money management
    Does my Visa Debit card have security protections?
    Yes, when you sign for your purchases, Visa Debit card’s security protections help prevent, detect and resolve fraud in various ways:

Visa's Zero Liability Policy*, which protects you from unauthorized charges. Any funds taken from your account due to fraudulent use will be returned to you.
    Continuous fraud monitoring to detect suspicious activity on your debit card
    Access to Identity Theft Assistance to help you recover your identity and prevent further problems
    A 3-digit security code to verify your identity for Internet and phone purchases
    What happens if someone steals my Visa Debit card and uses it fraudulently?
    If your Visa Debit card is lost or stolen and fraudulent activity occurs, you are protected by Visa's Zero Liability policy.* That means 100 percent protection for you. Whether purchases occur online or off, you pay nothing for fraudulent activity.

If you notice fraudulent activity on your Visa Debit card, promptly contact your financial institution to report it. It is important to continually monitor your monthly statement to identify any unauthorized transactions.
    CSA - May 2012
    CN - May 2013
    CSS - October 2013