Default Visiting nude beach while travelling with group

Hi folks,

My fiance and I are visiting Couples Negril in July with our close friends and family to celebrate our wedding. The fiance and I want to hang out at the nude beach one afternoon with 2 of our friends.

Our question to you all is this: how do we politely tell our parents that we're heading off to get nekkid, and please don't follow us! I'm not sure I could say that to my mom and dad with a straight face. But I also don't want all 4 of us to vanish one afternoon without giving them a heads up, or, even stranger, have our family show up at the nude beach while we are there. (Disclaimer, I am perfectly happy to share the nude beach with them.. just, preferably not at the same time...)

Anyone been in a similar situation, or have any advice on how to handle this?

Well, I suggest that you just tell them what you are going to do and ask them to please understand and honor your wishes. Afterall, it is YOUR honeymoon. Tell them it is a long time fantacy you two had to be married and spend a few hours bare assed in the Jamaican sunshine. PLEASE make sure to use plenty of sunblock. You will love it. Just do it!!!!!

I think if you go there they probably won't follow you. If they do show up on the nude beach, then they are nude too and will understand. On the other hand.... Thanksgiving dinners could be a little weird after that I guess.
    Grats on your wedding! You have chosen an awesome resort!
    Respect and good travels!

This is a prime example that if your going to be there a week and family & friends go with you for your wedding they should only stay for 3 days instead of the whole time so that you & hubby can have a real honeymoon by yourselfs to do what you want without answering to anyone. Just my opinion.
    Dianavr

You could let them know that you want to go check out that AN beach that the resort has. You'll come back and let them know what it was like. That implicitly implies that you are not expecting them to be there - at least until you get back. When you get back, you can tell them how great it was, and offer to stay at the main pool while they try it out. If they do, they'll understand - and you both will have experienced an unexpectedly memorable experience - as well as the memorable experience of your wedding in paradise.) Good luck - and congratulations!

Maybe discuss it ahead of time. Bring it up in conversation about the resort. See if they seem interested, and if so, mention that you want to try it but think it would be awkward for you all to be there together.

CSS April 29-May 10, 2013

Cypris,
    When are you going to be at CN? My wife and I will be there June 29th - July 6th.

Thanks for the comments everyone. Got some good ideas and also feel less weird talking about this with my family.

For anyone that wants the whole scoop, me, my fiance and our 2 friends have all visited nude beaches before. The parents are aware of this, but we 'danced around' the subject in the past. That's why I was feeling a bit uncomfortable at the idea of telling them directly where we were headed.

@dianavr, we are definitely staying in Jamaica for our honeymoon after the family leaves.

We've tried out a bunch of au-natural places in Cali, FL, MI and Jamaica and we're very comfortable with the whole situation but there's no way I could ever do it with my family. Friends, strangers, even co-workers would probably be fine but there's just something wierd about seeing my parents naked.

@dolphinswimdad - Our dates are July 5th to 9th, so we overlap a tiny bit. Doubt we'll make it to the AN beach on our first day but I'm sure we'll be near the piano bar later that night. If you see a tall (6'4"), rail thin guy, that's probably my fiance so come say hi.

Just let them know, they probably don't want to run into you there any more than you.

I think I would sugget that Mom and Dad take a shopping excursion for an afternoon.

We are travelling with another couple who refuses to go to the AN beach at CN. We've already told them after breakfast, you go your way and we'll go our way and meet for lunch at a certain time. After lunch, same story. They seem fine with the idea. And if not, oh well. I keep telling them "try it you'll like it", but I just get a very firm "NO".

Quote Originally Posted by rhallva View Post
    I think if you go there they probably won't follow you. If they do show up on the nude beach, then they are nude too and will understand. On the other hand.... Thanksgiving dinners could be a little weird after that I guess.
    Grats on your wedding! You have chosen an awesome resort!
    Respect and good travels!
    *dies laughing here*

Been there and done that when I was on Fire Island in NY. Ran in to my Stepbrother and his wife, who we were hanging out with. We were supposed to have gone our separate ways and meet up later but later was sooner than we had planned. Weird? A bit. Funny as all out? DEFINATELY! We still laugh about it. Definately be honest with what you plan to do and odds are, unless your parents want to bleach their retinas, everything will be fine!

Quote Originally Posted by cypris View Post
    uncomfortable at the idea of telling them directly
    This makes me smile. and want to give you this advice: Oh Honey! There are going to be many times as a wife where you are going to have to get used to telling the 'rents things that make you uncomfortable to say. Might as well start practicing now how to handle it. Welcome to being Married!

PS I hope you have a WONDERFUL time at Couples, best way I can think of to start a marriage!

Some of you are making this more complicating than it really is. Just tell your folks you are headed to the nude beach and (it's ok to say it with a smile and some chagrin) tell them that if they see you walking funny later, that you didn't have enough sun block. Unless you were raised in nudest family, you don't want to see them naked as much as they don't want to see you naked. They won't follow you.