Default Bartender at CSA sweeps Mojito Competition

Greetings to all:

Dear All,

Couples Swept Away represented by Bar team leader Obrian Jackson, dominated the Bacardi Mojito Competition staged in Jamaica, on Sunday, August 23, 2009.

The Bacardi Mojito competition attracted over thirty (30) of Jamaica’s best Mojito Mixologists representing a variety of selected resorts in Jamaica. The participants were assessed by an international panel of judges, who all concurred that Mr. Obrian Jackson had in fact ‘swept’ the competition away with his entry.

Mr. Jackson walked away with the grand prize of JA$100,000; the winning first place plaque; as well as an all expenses paid trip to represent Jamaica at the Regional Mojito competition in Puerto Rico.

Couples Swept Away continues to be the best among the competition.

• PICTURE1: Obrian Jackson (left) and Gary Holgate (CSA F&B Manager)

• PICTURE2: Obrian Jackson (seated center with plaque) surrounded by ecstatic team members including Bar Manager Brian McFarlane (left) and Food & Beverage Manager- Gary Holgate (right)

• PICTURE 3: Obrian Jackson with first place winning plaque in hand.

Please join us in congratulating OBrian and be sure to ask him for a Mojito when you next visit CSA.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Couples Resorts

Awww..Another wonderful award for Couples,CSA,the guests of CSA and Mr Obrian Jackson...Congrats

Hugs from 10 0 C

That's great! We're going to CSA for our honeymoon in March and my fiance and I LOVE mojitos so we'll definitely have to try some of his

Congratulations Obrian!! Always knew you were a shining star

A most deserving award! Congratulations to Obrian and our wonderful CSA home!

Does that mean that Couples Resorts now offer Mojitos? I thought they couldn't offer mojitos because of the lack of mint leaves....
    Irie,
    Heather and Tim

Major congrats! Hope to meet you in December.

How 'bout we, or rather my boyfriend tried to steal his check!! He was walking through the Palms with it Sunday night and Bri told him the check was for him. He asked Brian his name because the check was made out to "someone specific". Bri told him his name was whatever was on the check He denied Bri but the next night in the Aurua Lounge made a comment to the folks next to us about the check being his - too bad we didn't take him up on the "offer" because we coulda stayed at CSA for another week with it!!!

Obrian is a cool dude! Big congrats to him!!
    http://tinypic.com/a/19if6/3 - pix from CSA 8/18-8/25

I will let you know in 16 days! Mojitos are on the favorites list, I will have to track him down and order one.. If I remember from last time I was there in June, he worked at the Patios Bar at nights.

at Swept Away when they have mint they make them . when it is gone they don't. a little hit and miss the last couple of years.

Bring on the Mojitos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to Obrian and Couples!

Congratulations!!!
    Kristen

Quote Originally Posted by heather_and_tim View Post
    Does that mean that Couples Resorts now offer Mojitos? I thought they couldn't offer mojitos because of the lack of mint leaves....
    CSA has always had mojitos (at least for a while) but I've yet to figure out why the others don't serve them. It's not the lack of mint because if you pay attention to your dinner plate, you'll find that many of them are garnished with mint leaves. I used to think it was because they took a little longer to make, but that can't be it either since CSA has them.

CONGRATULATIONS Obrian!!!! That's awesome!!
    Amy Welch...Woooohoooo!!
    CTI - 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
    CN - 2003/2004 CSS - 2008
    CSA - 2009, 2012, 2013, 2014

CB - 2015

BTW - The name of the winning drink: Cool Breeze Mojito
    Ingredients: Bacardi Rum, Watermelon, Cucumber, Mint, Lime Juice, Soda Water.
    Formula? You just have to ask OBrian on your next visit to CSA
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Couples Resorts

Yum. It looks great and I'll surely ask for one of these Nov 27th!!! CSA here we come! Happy dancing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Razzl

Congrats on the award. Good luck in Puerto Rico. CSA ROCKS!!!

Do they have Barcardi at CSA? I hope so!!

Hope I can get one at CN next winter. Looks graet!

We were at the Sunset Bar w/ Julius that day when O'Brian came by w/ his check & award. It was pretty cool to see!

They have the most wonderful Mojitos at Lychee at CN. I went back three
    nights just so I could have one or two or ...you know.

That is so funny!!! We were at Tower Isle from 8/21 - 8/25 and they would not make us Mojitos!! Said they didnt have any mint leaves!! Now I know where are the mint was!!! That is too funny!!!

way to go CSA, who would think Couples wouldn't win !!!!!!!!!!

Please give our congrats to OB. We are long-time friends of his. I remember when he first learned to bartend many years ago. I kind of feel like a proud parent. Tell OB we'll see him in Nov. - same time as last year. And that we're very proud of him. Also, please tell him that he would make Sean proud! And, of course, he's going to have to make us a couple of those drinks. The best to him and his family. Pam and John

Congrats Obrian! Looking forward to trying one of those Cool Breeze mojitos when we come back in Dec.

Angie
    Kevin & Angie