Default First AN at CN in May

We will be at CN from May 12-19 this year. We went about the same time last year and only went to the AN a night to go in the hot tub. This year we are going to try the AN in the light. Any suggestions or any other AN first timers going to be there at the same time??

Ron & Treena from Indiana.

Ron & Treena,

We won't be there when you are but were there last year and did AN for the first time. We found that going early in the trip (first day), early in the day (fewer people) and finding a place near the bushes (away from the beach) made it easier to try AN. A favorite alcoholic beverage helped to take the edge off as well. After a couple days we were using a floatie as a cover-up and heading out to the ocean for a dip and weren't worried anymore. Relax and realize that nobody there is going to judge you so just enjoy and get an all-over tan.

Enjoy your vacation!

Bart & Bug

Going early in the day is a great suggestion. However, the side nearest the bushes can get very hot, and that was in November! For some reason the breeze doesn't flow as well over there. You may want to try a spot closer to the bar or even in the shade of the seagrape trees on the left. That's where we spent all of our time last year, and it was great.
    Janice and Keith in FL

CTI 2009
    CN 2010 2011 2012 2013
    CSS 2014

Thanks for the info. I guess we will see have brave we are!!

Ahhh..the shade of the seagrapes...calling to me! It is so liberating and wonderful! Can't describe it. Will have that magical feeling again in September!
    Lucy

Ron and Treena, have a beautiful and blessed trip. We are also from Indiana. While we will not be there with you during your time, I know what it's like to be from a conservative area. Know that you can have a beautiful time just the two of you, without judgment, in paradise. Forget Indiana! Enjoy!

Ron and Treena
    Where in IN. I grew up in Ft Wayne, now live in SC. We were at CN a year ago also and will be there 9-20 of March. I hope we can catch each other...look for the old looking guy with the young chick. Actually she is older but looks 20 years younger! LOL. Have fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by kiddo View Post
    Ron and Treena
    Where in IN. I grew up in Ft Wayne, now live in SC. We were at CN a year ago also and will be there 9-20 of March. I hope we can catch each other...look for the old looking guy with the young chick. Actually she is older but looks 20 years younger! LOL. Have fun!!
    We are from Valparaiso only about 2 hours from Ft. Wayne. We won't be there until May so we will have to catch yo next time. Enjoy your trip.

We arrive May 16, plan to hit spa and pool bar on arrival day, then AN for first time in the a.m. on the 17th.

Raised in Bloomington here but my wife and I will be at CN for the first time May 19-26th and are very eager to try to AN side of things. Have fun and keep the drinks cold and the sun warm for us.

Hey Ron and Treena

We're about an hour east of Fort Wayne in Ohio. We'll be at CN May 9-May 16.

Quote Originally Posted by colts-n-cubs View Post
    Raised in Bloomington here but my wife and I will be at CN for the first time May 19-26th and are very eager to try to AN side of things. Have fun and keep the drinks cold and the sun warm for us.
    Colts, we will be there the exact same dates! Did you happen to see our response to your question about golf? My husband and I are both a little nervous about the AN side (me a lot more than him), but I'm willing to give it a try.

Hopefully we can meet while there. We are looking for some great new friends!

We just returned and were also first timers. Spent everyday at the A/N beach minus about 2 hours where we tried the other side. Once you spend time on the AN beach you wont like the other side anymore--too much noice, talking etc. The A/N is so quiet and peaceful. We actually made good friends and had dinner almost every night with several couples we happen to meet on the A/N side. It wont take you long to figure out that you get to just be you and no body cares who you are or what you look like. So go and enjoy each other, the wonderful sun and warm water and just be YOU. Have a No problem mon vacation...

Toi,

Yeah I got your response before and are looking forward to meeting everyone when we are there. Golfing is definitely on the schedule as my wife will be at the spa some days when we are not on the beach (A/N side virgin's here). We hope to be at resort around 1:30-2:00pm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toi/Robert View Post
    Colts, we will be there the exact same dates! Did you happen to see our response to your question about golf? My husband and I are both a little nervous about the AN side (me a lot more than him), but I'm willing to give it a try.

Hopefully we can meet while there. We are looking for some great new friends!

Colts, I think we will be at the airport at the same time! Is your flight a non-stop or do you go through Dallas by any chance? I don't know if you saw it, but there was someone else asking about a golf game also. It may have been on the 'Meet Up' board.

T/R, Yeah I saw the golf updates and I think our flight lands at 11:30 and we fly out of Washington DC (Dulles-IAD).

You Indiana people are going too early! We are from Columbus...going May 27-June 3. Also excited~and nervous about the AN beach...but will definitely be giving it a try. Why go to Jamaica and not try it!

So how did everyone do with their first A/N. First full day there, we went over early in the morning, already a few couples there. As we were walking in I told my wife, act like you've been here before. Got set up while trying not to look like a gauker. No one paid us any attention it seemed. We sat down, started reading. Everyone was keeping to themselves, different from what I expected, I knew everyone was going to be friendly but from reading this board I expected people to be more outgoing. After an hour the small talk started, but most kept their noses in their books, I guess that 50 Shades of Grey kept their attention.

We spent one day on the regular beach, it was very different. The A.N beach is secluded, and quiet, more peaceful except for the tree crashing down, and the construction at Beaches one day.

It was a great experience and we will go back, to CN and A/N.

We met Ron and Treena there, and would never have thought Treena would have been nervous. Can you send me the pictures from the sunset cruise, my email is in my profile. Thanks, good to meet you, and fun to hang with you a bit while we were there.

If everyone was reading 50 Shades, it's a wonder they weren't all up in their rooms!!! Those of you who have read it know what I'm talking about! 113 days until my naked butt in lounging under the sea grape trees!! Feeling much more relaxed just typing those words! That being said, I think it's dark enough here to go AN in my backyard hottub!! See ya!!!
    Lucy