Default Ting ting ting!!!

My wife heard the Wegman's (mid-Atlantic grocer) carries Ting. My job today was to check it out. Sure enough, they stock Ting. It was hard to find - not in the soda aisle but with spices/extracts/Shake'n Bake (that is a little funny to me...someone out there will get it ). It's not inexpensive - $1.39 for a 9.6 oz bottle. But it is completely worth it for just a little taste of Jamaica.

Now we don't have to wait until April 11, 2013 for our next Ting & Absolute!

Default Ting

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    My wife heard the Wegman's (mid-Atlantic grocer) carries Ting. My job today was to check it out. Sure enough, they stock Ting. It was hard to find - not in the soda aisle but with spices/extracts/Shake'n Bake (that is a little funny to me...someone out there will get it ). It's not inexpensive - $1.39 for a 9.6 oz bottle. But it is completely worth it for just a little taste of Jamaica.

No Frills(grocer) in Southern Ontario(Port Colborne) usually carries it but it`s "Bottled in Canada?". It`s still good.
    Ere De Fun Don Done
    Grand Lido Sans Souci Feb. 2002, Couples Negril Feb. 2010,
    Couples Negril,Feb. 2011, Couples Negril Jan. 2012,
    Cool Runnings eh!

Ha... My wife is beside herself. I know what we will be serving poolside this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post

I'm so jealous!! We don't have a Wegman's by us. I LOVE Ting! I drink Ting and Appleton Genesis whenever in Jamaica. The closest thing to Ting I have found by us is Fresca... Still... Not the same.

We live in Rochester, the home of Wegmans. My mission for the weekend is to find Ting so excited!
    Nancy

Im from England and i found Ting in our Tescos supermarket...i put a can in my husbands lunch...he was over the moon...a taste of jamaica on a rainy day in england.

Wegman's carry a lot of Jamaican things. Jerk paste,sauce and marinade. I just tied their own Jerk marinade last night and it was great. For those of you who don't have Wegman's try looking in Shaws.

Prior to finding Ting at Wegmans, we found that San Pellagrino makes a grapefruit drink (they call it Pompelmo). It is pretty darned close to Ting, not as expensive and has slightly less sugar per serving.

Name:  San Pellegrino.jpg
Views: 402
Size:  14.6 KB

Publix and Western Beef in South Florida have it in the small bottles and 2-liter size. Also, ABC Liquors is now stocking Wray & Nephew White Overproof Jamaican rum. Overproof and Ting, the most refreshing drink on a hot afternoon.
    Ricky Ginsburg
    Boca Raton, Florida
    (just a 75 minute plane flight from paradise)

Oooh - I will have to try the Overproof & Ting!