Default Tipping - yes? no?

Even though I've been to Couples before, I'm still confused about the tipping. My understanding was there is NO tipping allowed and this is included in the fairly high price we've paid. I had read that staff can even get in trouble for accepting tips.

However, on various reviews, I've read that lots of people suggest tipping to get better service and to show appreciation. Does this happen often?
    Last edited by Couples Resorts; May 18th, 2012 at 01:49 PM.

Yes, we have a no tipping policy. It is strictly enforced and staff may lose their jobs if caught accepting any tips. We appreciate your sentiment however ask that you respect our no tipping policy. The ONLY exception is spa staff.

All staff participate in a generous profit sharing plan.

Try to think of it this way: Imagine that the resort is a theatre putting on a play. Actors (bartenders, waiters, waitresses, etc) are the only employees you see on stage. Yet, there are dozens of people behind the scene helping to ensure that their performance is the best it can be. While these people are not visible, they are equally important to the success of the play.

You only see the actors... No Tipping!

Couples Resorts