Hybrid View

Default Late April - May weather?

My soon to new bride and myself are headed down to CSS April 31-May 7. We are curious on how the weather is during this time. Should we expect rain? Wind? Or just 85-90 deg during the days and 75ish during the evenings with steady breezes.

Just looking ahead and thanks for any responses.

70 Days to go!!!

Hi, me and my soon to be wife will also be there the same time, from may 2cd to 16th.

We havnt been there before so havnt experienced the weathe first hand, but according to the uk met office the average temp for jamaica in april is 31 degrees celcius and 32 in may Think that 85-90 degrees farenhiet.

And as for rain on average april is a fairly dry month with 30mm of rain, and may in comparison is a wet month with around 100mm of rain.

This isnt negril specific so may not be accurate, but even if the rainfall is, from what i understand once a day u get a real heavy downpour of rain for ten mins or so and then it all drys up and is sunny again.

We spent 2 weeks in the dominican republic last year and it was like that there. A storm would blow in and dump a huge amount of water in ten or fifteen minutes, it would stop almost as quickly as it started and withing 15 mins everything was dry.

Personally we looked forward to the rain as it cooled the air down for awhile, also as the pool was warmer than the air at that point swimming in the rain was really nice... Felt like having a giant bath lol.

Hope this helps

As i said we are there from 2cd of may.... So see you at the swim up bar

My wife and I will be there 28 April - 5 May. First time going to Couples and can't wait! I'm hoping for good weather. I have heard the same thing as couplesnoobie that if it rains then it is usually a quick shower in the afternoon.

MaceandCharlie, our first trip to CN was in late April, it was beautiful weather! It rained a bit a few days, usually in the afternoon, but not for long, then cleared up beautifully. Second trip to CN was in July, it rained a lot and was a bit hotter, but we made due...no biggie. Did not experience any wind at CN, but had some very nice very light breezes. Third trip was to CTI in March...very windy, very overcast, rained a lot. We're going back to CN this year in April -- it was by far our favorite month to travel to Jamaica.

we too will be there the same time on our honeymoon as well.

My husband and I will be there for our honeymoon around the same time May 5-10th!!!

I got married there 5 years ago at the same time and we'll be back this year April 28-May 5 for our 5th anniversary! Can't wait!! Anyways, when we were there 5 years ago, it was in the low 30s celsius and very humid. It did rain for a short time a few days but it would only be for 1-2 hours in the afternoon but that was fine…gave us a chance for an afternoon nap in our hammock. . Afternoon rain is quite common so some advice on anyone getting married: morning weddings normally guarantees dry weather. I read about the afternoon showers so we got married at 11am and it was perfect blue skies. I felt really bad for the afternoon brides that got rained on.

We are there the same dates as you. It is our first trip to an all inclusive. We are going down two months before our 6 year anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by jadephoenix View Post
    I got married there 5 years ago at the same time and we'll be back this year April 28-May 5 for our 5th anniversary! Can't wait!! Anyways, when we were there 5 years ago, it was in the low 30s celsius and very humid. It did rain for a short time a few days but it would only be for 1-2 hours in the afternoon but that was fine…gave us a chance for an afternoon nap in our hammock. . Afternoon rain is quite common so some advice on anyone getting married: morning weddings normally guarantees dry weather. I read about the afternoon showers so we got married at 11am and it was perfect blue skies. I felt really bad for the afternoon brides that got rained on.

We'll be there May 1-8th so we'll see you all there ( mostly @ SSB )

We were there 2 years ago to renew our wedding vows during the same week.

Don't worry about the weather - the report will say rain ( for Ocho Rios ) every day - the same report we had 2 years ago - yet it only rained once @ CSS ( maybe twice ) during our entire 10 day stay.

It will probably rain at some point - probably in the early morning, but any rain showers are fast moving and over quickly ( 10-20 minutes ) - the rest of the day will have blue skies...

The cool thing about CSS is that you can see the rain showers up in the mountains but you'll be sitting under bright blue skies...