Default GREAT idea for staff gifts!!!

Girl Scout Cookies!!!

The bigger challenge is getting them there without melting. I'm bringing 10 boxes...think that will be enough?

Great idea.

Helps out the Girl Scouts and a great gift. 10 boxes are more than enough.
    We always take chocolate.

Life is good

I was thinking of bring a cooler of snow !!!

I think that is a good idea.....
    We live in the same city as Elmer's Chocolate (the candy company that makes Gold Brick Eggs and Heavenly Hash Eggs at Easter). Last year we went right after Easter and I took milk chocolate and dark chocolate eggs with us. I even gave to our drivers and to an airport customs agent (I was surprised that I didnt get in trouble for that lol!).
    This year we are not going until the end of May so I am not quite sure what I will bring this year.

Our family are maple syrup producers.. We're planning on bringing small "nips" of them to share with staff... :-)

We bring lemonades to one of the gals we met at CN - but we try to bring non-chocolate variety...in October we have brought See's candies too!

MnK,
    Good idea, I bought 4 boxes that I will receive tomorrow night. I buy them every year and I do know that they freeze very well. I still have Samoas in the freezer from last year. Since I am on my CSA slim down initiative, I may well be bringing them as gifts also.
    I will freeze them and stuff them in my checked bag and see how they come out
    Mick

Quote Originally Posted by MnK View Post
    Girl Scout Cookies!!!

The bigger challenge is getting them there without melting. I'm bringing 10 boxes...think that will be enough?
    Suppose it depends on whether your flight is delayed - they may end up being "emergency rations"! (ha ha) Haven't had GS cookies in years, since before moving to the UK. Used to loooove the Samoans and Thin Mints. mmmmmmmm....

Great idea!! I really love the macarooooooonnnnnssss ;-) Hubby loves the Peanut Butter ones......when will you be there???

We're bringing a few Harley shirts this time around. A couple styled for guys and a couple styled for the ladies. One will probaby go to the housekeeper and we have a couple other staff members in mind from our last trip we would like to suprise providing they are still there. If not then we will find some who can use them or has kids that can. Candy is nice but a lot of people seem to bring it, and I know they appeciate it. We took candy and chocolates last August but just want to give something that can be of a little more use this time. It's all good!

143 days left till CSA :-)

150 till it starts all over again :-(

CSA Aug. 2011, July 2012, July 2013, July 2014
    CSS Aug. 2011, Aug. 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffin View Post
    Great idea!! I really love the macarooooooonnnnnssss ;-) Hubby loves the Peanut Butter ones......when will you be there???
    Next week!!!! 2-9 March

Doesnt customs stop you from bringing food into the country?

Just returned from Css, this trip we took chocolate, small childrens books, crayons. We asked our housekeeper what she would like us to bring on our next trip, and she said Bath and Bodyworks products as they were very expensive there.

Kristen,

I am impressed that Matt doesn't eat them all before you go, or the kids for that matter. ....Have a great time, let me know what your thoughts are about CSS.

I bought Hershey Kisses and Miniatures...how does everyone bring chocolate without it melting...do you pack it in carryon?

We have found that Jamaicans really do love chocolate-brought several gifts to a family we sponsored years ago and the chocolates were a major favorite over other, much more exensive gifts. We also go to the Dollar General store and buy articles such as manicure kits, make-up and nail polish for the maids. Just make sure that you leave a note with your name and room number explaining that it is a gift so that they do not get into trouble.

I was wondering if Couples has a policy on this sort of thing. I've left chocolates for the maids which I know they appreciate, but is there a limit to what we can do? I know they don't allow monetary tipping because they want things to be equal across the board for employees that might just work behind the scenes. However, I've been to CSA a couple times and at the end of each trip, there are always a few employees that really stand out as being exceptionally nice and I would love to bring some special little gifts for them as a way to say thanks. However... I don't want to get them fired or in trouble.

Randymon... can you please let us know what we are allowed to do so we don't get any staff members in trouble?