Thread: Help!!

Hybrid View

Default Help!!

Wondering how it all happens - take the boat over in your clothes/bathingsuit or whatever. You get off the boat and then what? When and where do you actually get naked? Is it considered ok if someone carries their towel? Im a litle anxious about the whole experience but I want to try it. Thanks!! We're leaving on the
    29th........really soon.

In your clothes, you ride the boat over. Exit the boat and land on the Island. Newbies often walk to the Tower and hang a right, find a chair, disrobe and layout for a while. When you get comfy or thirsty, go the the left side of the Island and get a drink and engage the rest of the neked folk,. HAve fun, no one will bite you!

Plenty of other posts like this on the board already, and I'm sure by now plenty of responses to this one.

Yes - you take the boat over, usually with a book, bag, sunscreen, water, towels, and a bathing suit (or shorts/teeshirt if you are leaving later in the morning). When you arrive, you find a place to sit - recommend off to the right if you are new and don't want to socialize. You lay your towel down, adjust your chair to the right angle, remove your clothes and relax. Then you can argue who will be the one to get the drinks!

You would carry your towel to another chair, or to the side of the pool, but don't see any reason to do so otherwise.

Apply your sunscreen before you leave for the island. A drink or two and some alone time before going to the island may also help to ease your nerves.

Hi Kathy,
    From you post, I think you are going to CTI and the Island. If that's true, you will take the boat over with your swimsuit and cover-up on, get off the boat and go to the right if you want more privacy and go to the left if you want to hang out by the swim-up bar. Once the two of you have found your loungers of choice, disrobe and have a FABULOUS time! My info is what I've learned from previous posters---we stay at CSS and the ritual is the same---you just don't have to take a boat!

All the best,
    suzyQ

Find a lounger that you like the location of...and get naked..... The towel will be ok for a while....but you'll soon realize that no one is looking at you and that everyone else is naked....get a rum based drink and relax. A lot of folks head to the right side of the Island first...away from the pool and bar.....but you'll soon be getting some drinks and notice how friendly everyone is.....then you're hooked! Go the very first day and enjoy!!

Hi Kathy,

It isn't nearly as intimidating as you might think. You must be fully clothed when you leave your room. Most people take a beach bag with stuff in it (sunscreen, beach towels, books, etc.). Walk down to the dock, and that is where you get the boat to the island. the "boat" is basically a rowboat with a small motor on the back. The island is only about 200 yards from the dock, so this is not exactly a long trip. When you get to the island, which is small, just walk around to find a place to sit. There are a number of small decks with chairs, umbrellas, hammocks, etc. There is a small pool with the swim-up bar. Pick a place to sit, and set out your stuff. Now it is time to disrobe. No one is timing you, and everybody is there to just enjoy themselves, so DON'T STRESS over this. Everybody else will be nekkid as well. You will get used to it very fast, and it will no longer be a big deal. As everybody else says, go the first day, or you will really regret all those days you missed. When you are ready to leave, just put your clothes back on and walk down to the dock. A staff member will bring the boat back over to get you. That's it. Enjoy!

You will soon be on your way to a, hopefully, new and liberating experience. Since you seem keen but maybe a little nervous please don't forget to re-visit the message boards when you get back and let us all know how things went for you. Positive and negative feedback please! The 'feedback after your vacation' thread on this part of the message board has been going for a while and appears to have been useful to many (inc. me and my wife who are new or relatively inexperienced in getting one's kit off in public). The result seems to be mostly that people find it an uplifting and positive experience. Go ahead, get nekkid and enjoy the experience! I'd hazard a guess that after a while at the island there'll be no desire the don the swim suits in the future! Oh, by the way, take a day trip and experience sunset beach at Sans Souci. It's only a few minutes down the road and I think you will love it there too. We visited CTI when we were at CSS but we weren't able to go to the island as the water was too rough. Do you know how sad we were?! We were back to CSS after lunch the same day to take up the rays on SSB! Heasy!

Quote Originally Posted by kathyarduini View Post
    Wondering how it all happens - take the boat over in your clothes/bathingsuit or whatever. You get off the boat and then what? When and where do you actually get naked? Is it considered ok if someone carries their towel? Im a litle anxious about the whole experience but I want to try it. Thanks!! We're leaving on the
    29th........really soon.
    You'll know when the island is open because people will start assembling on the dock...don't do what we did and sit by the pool worrying about it...just go down with everyone else and you'll actually get to say hi to people with clothes on.

Also, I'll say the opposite of everyone else...don't go right...grab a great spot by the pool early, if you don't have a blast, your first drink on the island is on me.

Oh, and you get naked when you find a spot and it doesn't have to be instantaneous...if you set you stuff down and walk over to use the bathroom or something, that's fine, just take everything off when you're done.