Results 1 to 24 of 24
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10

    Default What to bring to CSA?

    Were coming for a long weekend in May. I don't know what all to pack. I've started a list based on my needs when I went on a cruise a few years ago but any other suggestions would be welcome:

    sunscreen
    bug spray
    beach towels
    waterproof camera
    boat shoes besides flip flops


    thanks


    Wendy

  2. #2

    Default

    You won't need beach towels..they supply those for you.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    No need to bring a beach towel. Swim suits,cover ups, something nice to wear for dinners, hair care products,sunscreen,OTC medicine. The one thing we didn't bring our first trip that we bring for now on is a diaper rash cream; wet suit all day may cause some to rash. Everything else is extra.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Here's the checklist I use for my hubby and I (some may seem obvious but it helps me when packing )

    Passport
    Insurance Card
    Medication/Aspirin etc
    Airline/Resort Vouchers
    Phone
    Wallet / Purse
    Sunglasses
    Underwear
    Bra
    Socks (for the gym and walking track)
    Swimsuits
    Shirts
    Shorts
    Workout stuff
    Shoes (casual, dressy, tennies)
    Jewelry / Watch
    Dresses
    PJ's
    Dress pants
    Hat
    Brush/Comb
    Toothpaste/Toothbrush/Floss/Picks
    Deodorant
    Conditioner
    Razors/Shaving Cream
    Aloe Vera Gel
    Face Wash
    Face Wipes
    Clippers/Nail File
    Woolite
    Sun Lotion
    Bug Spray
    Curling Iron
    Camera/Batteries
    Video Camera
    Snorkeling Gear
    First Aid kit
    Binoculars
    Laptop
    Safety Pin
    Dress purse
    Ipod
    Pill box
    Book / Kindle
    trash bag for dirty clothes
    Makeup
    Mousse/Hairspray
    Qtips

    Hope this helps!

  5. #5

    Default

    There isn't really a need for bringing beach towels. They supply towels and you can exchange them whenever you want to. I brought a little beach bag to hold our sunscreen and such, which ended up being nice to have. Bring zip lock bags for taking your swim suits home....nothing dries in Jamaica. A watch is nice to have if you plan to do activities. We also brought simple meds, like benadryl, bug bite cream, motrin, immodium (just in case, never used it!), and those things. Lastly, don't forget to bring a nice outfit or two if you want to try Feathers. Have a blast!! It is a one-of-a-kind place.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Wendy,
    Leave the beach towels home, pack all of the clothes you think you will need and then go back and remove half of them. For a long weekend take two pair of shorts 3 swimsuits, two cover ups, a sundress or two for dinner nights. Check out the message thread "The I wish I would have thought of that" now on the middle of page 6 of the thread pages. Lot's of great ideas, with the main focus on taking less than you think you need
    Mick

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Wendy!!! Congrats for your trip!!!! One thing to bring is bug repelant. They have them in a wipe vs spray that you can fly with. I didn't use mine last trip and really paid for it. If your going to try and go to Feathers make sure to bring something to dress up in.

    Have fun!!!!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Hi,
    Check out The "I wish I would have thought of that" thread. It is awesome and has tons of info

    Robin

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    254

    Default

    You won't need to bring beach towels. They are supplied and CSA has a great towel exchange program. If you want to enjoy a meal at Feathers your hubby will need closed toe shoes and a collared shirt. I always bring too many clothes as you tend to spend all day in a swimsuit and a coverup. If you like to work out, CSA has a great fitness facility so you should bring workout wear. Remember to bring your cares and woes so you can toss them in the sea when you arrive!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Musicalrose View Post
    Here's the checklist I use for my hubby and I (some may seem obvious but it helps me when packing )

    Passport
    Insurance Card
    Medication/Aspirin etc
    Airline/Resort Vouchers
    Phone
    Wallet / Purse
    Sunglasses
    Underwear
    Bra
    Socks (for the gym and walking track)
    Swimsuits
    Shirts
    Shorts
    Workout stuff
    Shoes (casual, dressy, tennies)
    Jewelry / Watch
    Dresses
    PJ's
    Dress pants
    Hat
    Brush/Comb
    Toothpaste/Toothbrush/Floss/Picks
    Deodorant
    Conditioner
    Razors/Shaving Cream
    Aloe Vera Gel
    Face Wash
    Face Wipes
    Clippers/Nail File
    Woolite
    Sun Lotion
    Bug Spray
    Curling Iron
    Camera/Batteries
    Video Camera
    Snorkeling Gear
    First Aid kit
    Binoculars
    Laptop
    Safety Pin
    Dress purse
    Ipod
    Pill box
    Book / Kindle
    trash bag for dirty clothes
    Makeup
    Mousse/Hairspray
    Qtips

    Hope this helps!
    Wow....you really have everything covered...I may just use your list this coming May when I finally get to travel to my beloved Couples!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Wow , print

  12. #12

    Default

    I like to bring my own beach towels--lets me see my lounger as I walk up from the beach. Other than that, for another guest, not for me, thankfully, I had a cortisone cream (prescription) which took care of sun blisters. I'm a pharmacy on the run. I take everything just in case. But, as my husband says, I've rarely used any of it and it's kind of silly. Never-the-less, I don't leave home without it.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    35

    Default

    What is the dress code for women for the nicer restaurants?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    276

    Default

    lol - I know it's a long list. I use excel spreadsheets for everything - I'm a little over-organized sometimes. I just hate going on a trip like this and realizing I forgot something.

    JBrooks - which resort are you going to? We arrive at CSA on 5/19!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Musicalrose View Post
    lol - I know it's a long list. I use excel spreadsheets for everything - I'm a little over-organized sometimes. I just hate going on a trip like this and realizing I forgot something.

    JBrooks - which resort are you going to? We arrive at CSA on 5/19!
    Well...we're going to Jamaica on 5/20 for a wedding in Montego Bay and then we'll be coming over to CSA on 5/23 and will be there until 5/27! So, maybe we'll see you there!! Can't wait!!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbrooks2010 View Post
    Well...we're going to Jamaica on 5/20 for a wedding in Montego Bay and then we'll be coming over to CSA on 5/23 and will be there until 5/27! So, maybe we'll see you there!! Can't wait!!
    Great!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    140

    Default

    thanks for the list Musicalrose, I just copied and pasted it to a word doc. Saved me the time of doing it myself.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shartalin View Post
    thanks for the list Musicalrose, I just copied and pasted it to a word doc. Saved me the time of doing it myself.
    Glad others can use this!

  19. #19

    Default

    Great list musicalrose, but I think a couple of the things you posted are unnecessary...which includes underwear and PJs....hehe. j/k (but not really)!

  20. #20

    Default

    Oh, and I advise to bring a few pairs of sunglasses. I lost mine one year and had to buy a pair at the resort.....not cheap. I learned to bring back up from now on.

  21. #21

    Default

    Another thing I forgot to mention.. a journal. We always bring one and write various things throughout the day. We write down our appointments, recipes we want to try, names of employees we don't want to forget, and just feelings and thoughts while we are there. It's so much fun to go back after the vaca and read what we wrote.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LifeLoveEnergy View Post
    Another thing I forgot to mention.. a journal. We always bring one and write various things throughout the day. We write down our appointments, recipes we want to try, names of employees we don't want to forget, and just feelings and thoughts while we are there. It's so much fun to go back after the vaca and read what we wrote.
    I hope I can do this, tried in Mexico but kept forgetting to write in it. lol

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Bug spray

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    99

    Default

    Just got home from a great CSA trip. One thing I took which was really helpful was clothes pins/pegs. Used the hammock strings as a clothes line to help things dry faster. Not the best for looks, of course, but maybe slightly better appearance than using the porch railings. Plus, if you swing in the hammock for an afternoon nap, things dry faster!! ;-)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •