Default Weather in Negril

Hey future friends! I'll be on my way to CN for the first time on Sept 7th, i been watching the weather and been a little worried, i have seen rain the past few weeks on almost everyday.. eeek, has it been all day or just scattered stuff? thanks for the insight!

Aaron

Aaron--
    We were at CN last Sept and are going again this Sept. (and already booked for Sept 2010!) We have had showers in the afternoons a few times, but nothing that stopped us from doing what we were doing! It was all good.

Check out the CN Meet-Up thread for Sept 2009. There's a great bunch headed to CN in Sept!

Welcome. Hope you have a great vacation
    Quote Originally Posted by Atoman44 View Post
    Hey future friends! I'll be on my way to CN for the first time on Sept 7th, i been watching the weather and been a little worried, i have seen rain the past few weeks on almost everyday.. eeek, has it been all day or just scattered stuff? thanks for the insight!

Aaron

I know it's not September but I just got back from CSA on Tuesday. We had a good hour plus pour on our drive to CSA on the 18th but by the time we'd checked in and were headed to our room the sun was full blaze again. We got rain almost every day for about 5-15 mins. There was one day where the rain came 3 different times but it never lasted more than a few mins each time. We also got thunder and a little bit of lightning. So much fun-I love storms but storms on the beach were even better!

The beach was vacant for the times it rained but if you looked around the bars were full! Once the rain moved on, the sun came back with a vengence and everyone returned to the sand and ocean.

Everyone simply called it "the rainy season". If that's the extent of their rainy season then I don't think you have anything to worry about We were told it may rain more some days but it's rare to have a full day of rain - I think you'll be fine!
    http://tinypic.com/a/19if6/3 - pix from CSA 8/18-8/25

We will also be arriving Sept 7 for our honeymoon. A little bit of rain doesn't scare me, just keep those tropical storms away! See you in 10 days! (Almost doing the single digit dance!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Atoman44 View Post

Aaron

Hi Arron,

Don't worry at all about the weather. We just got home on Friday from CN. The reports that we read before hand had a 40% chance of rain every day. What we got was a passing shower in the late afternoon for about an hour. That was all. We both came home with great tans, in fact there was one day that I got a little burned on the beach. Don't let the weather reports worry you, by late afternoon you will be glad to have a little relief.