Default The Jamaica Jug!

Do you have a Jamaica Jug?

We got the idea off this board before our second trip, so I thought I would share it for newer folks. We found a glass jug that had cider in it, it was the perfect size. We made our own cover for it labeled it "Our Jamaica Jug". All of our silver change goes into this jug throughout the year.
    We cash it in before our trip to couples and it is used for any excursions, or extra's such as massages or if you dream of that private dinner on the beach, here is a way of saving for it separately without feeling it.

We also start saving 1 and 5 dollar bills a month or two before the trip to use for tips outside the resort/airport/massages etc.

You will be amazed how much adds up.

Yeah mon we do to the jug thing. Our jug is a tall can some booze came in & sits on the floor of my husbands closet. Never thought of saving $1s/$5s a few months before we leave for home though and that's like, brilliant! Thanks for the suggestion Mzambo!!! Razzl

Another tip along these lines: Every bit of paper money and change found in laundry items is automatically "Jamaica Money".

Great idea...
    Thanks

Got an even better jug it's direct deposit right into the savings account!
    Shari & James
    Members of the 4 for 4 club

Marie, really made me laugh. The jug thing. Syl did that shortly after we were married to save for a trip to Purto Rico. That was in 1969. What's old is new. What's new becomes old.

Richie

Default Jamaica Jug

Yes, we do have a Jamaica jug and it is SO much fun. Every time you put some money in it, you smile because you know what's at the end of this savings. With our trip being paid for up front and this spending money saved up, I truly feel good when we leave Couples and I have not ever used a credit card. YEA for the
    Jamaica jug!

Sure do!! Ours is a tequila bottle. It takes all the nickels dimes and pennies. We stack the quarters and roll them everytime we get $10.00 worth.
    Kristen

This is so funny. My husband and I save piles and piles of change thru-out the year for excursions or just to pay for rental cars etc on vacations. In my laundry room I have a plastic container and on the top it reads "Juicy's Jamaica Fund". ha ha. My name is Joyce but all my family and friends call me Juicy. GO FIGURE!. You would be suprised how much accumulates in that box thru-out the yesr.

We have an old spaghetti sauce jar as our Jamaican Jar. All change and money found in the dryer go in there. By November, we should have saved enough change to pay for airport parking

We started a Jamaica Jar after our first trip. It is actually a cigar box, but.....

Every "holiday" such as Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, birthdays, etc., instead of getting a gift, the money we would have spent on a gift, including money for a card, is ceremoniously dropped into the Jamaica Jar. Also, we don't go out to eat often but if we change out mind about going out and eat in....money to the Jamaica Jar. We put bottle return money in there (sorry boy scouts) too. Any excuse to drop some money in I do. Didn't rent a movie, $3 to the Jamaica Jar. It really starts to add up quick!

Quote Originally Posted by Crabracer View Post
    Marie, really made me laugh. The jug thing. Syl did that shortly after we were married to save for a trip to Purto Rico. That was in 1969. What's old is new. What's new becomes old.

Richie
    Hi Richie,

Good to see you!!!! Are you two heading back to CTI in April?

I like the fact that every time even a quarter goes in the jug, it makes me smile and think of JA.