Hybrid View

Default Military Discount???

I saw a post on Facebook that mentioned a military discount. Does it apply to retired military? Can it be added to any other current booking specials?

Thanks,
    Richard
    Retired USN

CSS April 29-May 10, 2013

Is that true? I booked css for late april. I asked my travel agent about it and she said there is no discount

I hope you get an answer soon!!! I've always wondered if you get the discount if you were honorably discharged. My son served in Iraq and is now out.

thank you for your service!

kelly

I believe this is a question only Randymon can answer.....

Retired and active duty military receive a military discount. I used it for my reservations in 2011 and my booked reservations for 2012 and 2013.

Here's a link to an earlier message.
    http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php...itary+discount

And here's a little more from Randymon:

Here are more details regarding our military discount policy:

We are pleased to announce a new promotion for US military personnel. This is for active and retired personnel that carry valid identification.

• A 10% discount on current available HOTEL ONLY rates. The Military discount will only be applied if reservation is confirmed at least 46 days from time of arrival or at time of full payment (if within 46 days).

• All guests utilizing the Military Discount are required to bring their military id card for proof of identification to the resort upon check in. Lack of valid identification will result in loss of discount with the difference payable at time of check in.

• Military Discount is not available for travel December 26- January 2, and February 11 - 26

• Military Discount is only available through Couples Resorts’ reservations center (client direct or travel agent).

• Military Discount is not valid for group travel

Note: Not valid for Secret Rendezvous or Couplicious Wednesday Escape Specials.

See sample of blank military id http://www.triwest.com/unauth/conten...aryIDCards.pdf

Randy Russell
    Chief Romance Officer and Senior Vice President
    Couples Resorts

Mike and Monica
    Jamaica Soon Come.
    CSA Torch Holder 2012

See this thread for information from Randy:

http://couples.com/mb/showthread.php?14629

This is the information:
    From the above thread from Randy:

Here are more details regarding our military discount policy:

We are pleased to announce a new promotion for US military personnel. This is for active and retired personnel that carry valid identification.

• A 10% discount on current available HOTEL ONLY rates. The Military discount will only be applied if reservation is confirmed at least 46 days from time of arrival or at time of full payment (if within 46 days).

• All guests utilizing the Military Discount are required to bring their military id card for proof of identification to the resort upon check in. Lack of valid identification will result in loss of discount with the difference payable at time of check in.

• Military Discount is not available for travel December 26- January 2, and February 11 - 26

• Military Discount is only available through Couples Resorts’ reservations center (client direct or travel agent).

• Military Discount is not valid for group travel

Note: Not valid for Secret Rendezvous or Couplicious Wednesday Escape Specials.

See sample of blank military id http://www.triwest.com/unauth/conten...aryIDCards.pdf

Can you use it on a current booking, only Randy can answer that.
    Irie Mon

That's a great question. I would like to know this as well

I know I have had to email a copy of my current military ID to get the discount.
    Lucy

Thank you for the info. I sent my travel agent this info and asked her to check into this for us. We have already booked but have not paid it all in full so hoping maybe we are still able to get the discount.

what about the british army?

Do you receive the 10% in addition to other discounts for early savings??

Anyone from the resort want to make an official statement on this? It sounds as if there is no problem with getting the discount for routine specials, but what about for the early booking specials like is goin on right now for 2013? Specifically, can you add the military 10% discount to the G13a rate and resort credits?

I tried to get the discount booking through AMEX travel, wanted to use points to help pay, but Couples would not honor it. Even though they say it is OK to book through a travel agent if booked directly with the resourt?

jjprescott;

Simply ask your travel agent to call us @ 1800-Couples.

Couples Resorts

Randymon,

I contacted Couples via e-mail about this and was told we were not eligible for the military discount because we booked through a TA and not directly through Couples. Is that not correct? We're 2 weeks from arrival at CTI/CSS. Would appreciate clarification.

Thanks,

Bart & Bug