Default Walkable Areas and Cliffs

Is it possible to walk through other resorts in order to stroll along the 7 mile beach? and, is there any nice places to jump from the cliffs besides Ricks? (not looking for high jumps but a varity)

Yes, you can walk through other resorts to walk 7 mile beach, as long as you stay next to the water.
    [
    CN 2006, CSS 2009, CN 2009, CN 2010, CTI 2010, CN 2011, CSS 2012, CN 2012, CN 2013, CSA 2014, CN 2014, CSA 2015, CN 2015

I asked the same question about the cliffs and got this responce from tangle66

" Oh and for the person wanting to know where else to jump its PushCart! It is not too far from Ricks. Less touristy! Just as safe to jump there as it is at Ricks! Lots of people jump! "

But I also heard they outlawed jumping from cliffs except at ricks... not sure how true that rumor is. i know it can be dangerous and people have gotten hurt, but my husband and I jumped from a 30ft cliff in Mexico into a river and loved it, even with my fear of heights. He's been itching to do it again ever since... but I'd have to see the cliff before I jump.

I thought there use to be an included excursion from CSA to the Pushcart area. Something about Pirate caves, and being able to jump there (less toristey) but no one has been able to answer me on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shartalin View Post
    ... from tangle66

" Oh and for the person wanting to know where else to jump its PushCart! It is not too far from Ricks. Less touristy! Just as safe to jump there as it is at Ricks! Lots of people jump! "
    I thought there use to be an included excursion from CSA to the Pushcart area. Something about Pirate caves, and being able to jump there (less toristey) but no one has been able to answer me on that one.
    Pirate's Cave is now "Pushcart". The Rockhouse resort (next door) bought Pirate's and renamed it Pushcart. It is the same cove where the catamaran cruise would go and some guests would choose to jump from the cliffs at Pirate's.

We went to Pushcart on an included (transportation only) excursion from CN in Sept. 2011. The former cliff jumping area looked to be closed off. The stairway from the cave/sea beneath Pushcart was definitely sealed off. (Wooden barrier walls around the stairway and the stairs themselves had 2x4's across them). Our waiter told us they no longer allowed access.

There is another stairway (or was in years past) up from the back of the cave that exits into a woman's yard across the street from Pushcart/Pirate's. She (Ms. Mae, I think?) was particularly unfriendly to me, as were her dogs. Even if you navigated that route, I don't know from where you'd jump.

You used to be able to jump from the cliffs that are now Pushcart, which is above Pirate's Cave, the cat cruise swim stop. However, back in 2008 or 2009, after The Rockhouse built Pushcart, they fenced everything off and you can no longer jump off the cliffs there. Pushcart is where the Sunset Bar Shuttle takes you. Even though you can't jump, it's a great place to grab a drink & an order of ackee patties and watch the sunset.

Someone mentioned on TA that walking 7 mile beach would be easier if we took a day trip to Couples Swept Away? Would that be the case?

dank is right... I believe it was 2009... the lawyers discovered Jamaica, and the jump point at St. Joe's Cave is now shut down. The only place to jump is Rick's. If you take the cat-cruise, you can still swim into and out of the caves.
    Chris

"In an abundance of water, the fool is thirsty..." - Bob Marley - "Rat Race"

Thanks for the info. That is exactly what I needed to know.