Thread: Photos question

Default Photos question

My fiance and I will be going to CSA in the end of April for our honeymoon, and I'd like a few nice pictures of the two of us to take home from the trip. I've heard some about the photography session you can have with a resort photographer and get a CD of images, but I've also heard there are photographers walking around that will snap your picture and you can buy a copy later.

My question is about payment--does the cost get billed to the credit card you gave at the start of your stay, or are you expected to have cash? Does anyone have any opinions about the photographers at the resort?

Thanks for your help, and I cannot WAIT to be at Couples in a little over 50 days!!!!

I'm going from our recent experience with the resort photographers from CN, not CSA, but they take the pictures .... you can set up a private session to walk around & take pictures all over the resort or they are around the resort all day & take pictures throughout the day (on the beach - at the pool - volleyball - etc)you pick out what you want (they offer different packages you can buy) , they can print them or put them on CD & then you can charge it to your room. When you check out, you can pay with a credit card or cash or however you like. Just a tip - We didn't do a photo session, we just had them start a folder for us a the photo desk & each day we'd go in to look at the pictures they'd taken of us that day (if any) & pull the ones we liked into our folder .... The evening before we departed, we went in before dinner & picked our package & selected the pictures we wanted ..... Picked up the CD a few hours later. If you buy them a few at a time, you're going to be getting lots of duplicate looking pictures after a week. Easier to filter out the ones you know you don't want & then choose from just the ones you like at the end.
    Julie

Tara,
    Are you taking a decent camera with you on your trip, if so here is an idea. Open up, make some friends and ask them to take some pics of the two of you with your camera. Most guests would be happy to do it. You will great pics taken when you like where you are and feel like getting your picture taken and might even make some life long friends in the process
    Mick
    April 13th through 21st 2012

Thanks, that's very helpful! Sounds kind of like the photographers on a cruise we went on last year-- you get some really nice shots, and while the photos are more expensive than if you get them developed at the store, they are great mementos of the trip!

What are the rates for the pictures from the hotel? Package prices? Just a ball park would be fine

I'd be curious to know prices to. Has anyone purchased pictures recently (other than wedding pictures)?

we paid 30 bucks per 8x10

Hey misbay,

We just went to CSS in March, and i think we got 10 pics on a disc for $150. But the higher packages are cheaper per picture. They are amazing pictures, and well worth the money!
    Is this Love that I'm feelin'?

CSS March 2013, April/May 2014
    CN April 2014

We paid $125 for the Silver package last time, I can't remember exactly but I think that was for 7 photos on a CD plus a silver framed printed photo. During the course of the holiday I think we had been photographed around 25 times at dinner and at the gala and beach nights so we could have spent a lot more on the photos but we decided to limit ourselves to just the best 7 due to cost. For info, on one of the photos my wife had an hair grip showing which looked strange in the photo so I mentioned it to the girl dealing with our order and she 'photoshopped' the grip out of the photo to make it look nicer and she also enhanced the colours, hues, sharpness etc on all the photos until they were to our liking so overall I could not fault the service.

A CD of 100 images is $250, and you own the rights to your pictures. You can also purchase fewer images for less. This is rolled into the bill at checkout. You can go to the photo shop in the Great House and make a folder with your name and room number. It's easiest if everyday you go and move the pictures from the previous day into your folder. The pictures are divided into morning, afternoon, and evening. Every time we see a photographer, we get them to take a picture. You're under no obligation to purchase. You can also schedule photo sessions. If you want a sunset session, it's best to schedule at least two in case the sunset is better on another day. We've had CSA photographer Martin take our photos the past two years. He's gotten some beautiful shots and will ask if there are any specific poses you would like. We have a sunset silhouette of us kissing that we had blown up and transferred to a canvas that we have hanging on our wall.

Thank you all so much! That is exactly what I was wondering. We will obviously bring our own camera and probably ask other guests to take a picture now and then as well, but I thought it might be nice to pick out a few that the resort photographers had taken around the resort. Images on a cd would be great. Very excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Tara_Y View Post
    My fiance and I will be going to CSA in the end of April for our honeymoon, and I'd like a few nice pictures of the two of us to take home from the trip. I've heard some about the photography session you can have with a resort photographer and get a CD of images, but I've also heard there are photographers walking around that will snap your picture and you can buy a copy later.

My question is about payment--does the cost get billed to the credit card you gave at the start of your stay, or are you expected to have cash? Does anyone have any opinions about the photographers at the resort?

Thanks for your help, and I cannot WAIT to be at Couples in a little over 50 days!!!!

I'm pretty sure the images are about $20 bucks apiece ON A CD!! Ripoff, in my humble opinion, but we paid the price for wedding photos last April. Tara... When in April will you be there? We're going back for our 1st anniversary (got married on the beach 4/20 last year). We will be the 4/19-28 and are both pretty good photographers. We would be happy to take some photos for you if you're there at the same time.

Ricky and Suzi Ginsburg... You can find us at Palms breakfast around 7:30 each morning, or on the beach at sunrise, too. Let us know your dates!

Forgot to answer your question. If you have a credit card on file you can bill to your room. No cash needed.

Can't really comment on the photographers, but let me tell you......we got a $15 flexi tripod that wraps around ANYTHING (including palm trees) and used the time delay button and got some of the most amazing photos that we've ever had taken of ourselves.

We went to CSS in Sept and we got 10 pictures on a disk for 100. I was a special they were doing. the pictures were very nice.

When I travel, I often see one person taking a picture of another - you know, trying to make their photographic memories. I always take a moment to offer to take a picture of the couple/family together so that everyone can be in the frame. 99% of the time, my offer is enthusiastically accepted. A great majority of the time, the other people offer to return the favor for us as well.

Moral of the story - if you see someone taking pictures, or even just walking around with a camera, offer to take their picture for them. Chances are, you will make some else's day, get the offer to return the favor, and hopefully make some "picture taking buddies."

If you booked a package with resort credits, you can use these to make your purchase.

At CN recently the packages/price varied by # of photos and included: photos on CD, printed photos (don't know the size), and a picture frame.
    The package offer changed during our stay b/c of a Valentine's day special.
    As others have noted, you can also get photos just on the CD, which in our case were $15 each.

A side note. We were advised to tell the airport security that the CD should be hand-scanned (rather than sent through the screener on the belt).
    I told the photo gentleman that we've had issues in Jamaica in the past with such request for similar items (e.g. waterproof one-time-use camera film). They would refuse and tell us they had their own rules. He looked surprise and said the security would do it.

When we made the request at the airport, of course the security woman's reply was "your photographer doesn't work here, these are our rules", in the infamous Jamaican airport security surly manner.

Good news is the CD was fine and the photos are great.

We were married on the beach at CSA in 2009. It sounds like everyone has addressed your payments question, but I wanted to give you a heads up about one thing. Judging from our awesome pics & looking at everyone else's pics, take your water pics in the morning if possible. The water is as blue as can be in the pics taken in the morning, but appears much more gray in the pics that were taken in the afternoon. The afternoon pics were still absolutely beautiful, but next to the morning pics with that blue water it was no contest. I think it must be the way the sun pics it up in the morning, but what a difference!

OMG! Who would pay that? With today's digital cameras...even in the point and shoot class, you get great pictures if you just have some basic framing skills. Anyone going April 5 to 12 to CSS, look for the guy with the red camera and I'll be happy to take as many photos of you and email them to you.

My husband and I just returned from our honeymoon. We purchased a disc with 100 images for 250. Not cheap, but having just paid our wedding photographer for her services, not out of the question either.

We were able to get images of us snorkeling, in the water, on the beach, at various dinners and at sunset together. I highly recommend it if your budget allows.

If you go to the photo desk you can make an appointment for a sunset session. Worth it! We really liked Keithton and Dwayne.