Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 32

Thread: CTI question-

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default CTI question-

    is AN swimming allowed from the main beach after the entertainment? I enjoy swimming at night and star gazing would there be any problem with that if it is late?

    c

  2. #2

    Default

    Good question! Rhonda and I were just discussing this the other day, We'd like to know too!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    140

    Default

    AN is not allowed anywhere other than on the island, therefore you would not be allowed to be nude on the main beach at anytime. Even if it is late, other guests (who are not nude!) might also like to star gaze at night and might not wish to see you in your birthday suit!! As stated many times on this MB, Couples Resorts are not clothing optional.

    Mad about tennis

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnirene View Post
    AN is not allowed anywhere other than on the island, therefore you would not be allowed to be nude on the main beach at anytime. Even if it is late, other guests (who are not nude!) might also like to star gaze at night and might not wish to see you in your birthday suit!! As stated many times on this MB, Couples Resorts are not clothing optional.
    Durn! Does this mean that we will be required to shower in our bathing suts and sleep in our pajamas?

  5. #5

    Default

    I don't mean this to offend johnirene, but I have noticed that every time there's a thread about the possibility of anything to do with wearing small swimsuits, slightly revealing clothing, or possible other AN opportunities, you are SO quick to slam it. Yes, we all understand that it's NOT clothing optional, but can you please try to understand that at this resort, there are loving couples who are looking to have fun with one another. If someone runs to the edge of the water, drops shorts, and goes for a quick star-gazing skinny dip, who cares?! It's not like the guy is gonna come strutting up to you and yours (who are NOT nude) and swing his junk all over and be an obnoxious jerk. If you like to spend your vacation TRYING to spot people who aren't adhering to every single rule, then go for it...just please don't bother those that are there to relax, chill out, and have a little fun with the person they love. See ya there traderclaude!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hendy View Post
    i don't mean this to offend johnirene, but i have noticed that every time there's a thread about the possibility of anything to do with wearing small swimsuits, slightly revealing clothing, or possible other an opportunities, you are so quick to slam it. Yes, we all understand that it's not clothing optional, but can you please try to understand that at this resort, there are loving couples who are looking to have fun with one another. If someone runs to the edge of the water, drops shorts, and goes for a quick star-gazing skinny dip, who cares?! It's not like the guy is gonna come strutting up to you and yours (who are not nude) and swing his junk all over and be an obnoxious jerk. If you like to spend your vacation trying to spot people who aren't adhering to every single rule, then go for it...just please don't bother those that are there to relax, chill out, and have a little fun with the person they love. See ya there traderclaude!
    lmao!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,276

    Default

    "If someone runs to the edge of the water, drops shorts, and goes for a quick star-gazing skinny dip, who cares?!"


    By saying "who cares" sounds to me as though that person didn't think the incident was such a big deal. And it may not be to you in the overall scheme of things. But someone making that statement sounds as though they are minimizing the incident and doesn't think that anyone should be upset about it. Maybe they shouldn't. But the fact is, someone is upset, whether they are justified or not, if you tell them, "who cares" that just adds insult to injury. It wouldn't be showing them any respect for their feelings, it would just be telling them that, as far as you are concerned, it wasn't such a big deal. Maybe it isn't such a big deal to you, but you just heard someone say they are upset by what took place. Rather than tell them it isn't such a bid deal, what they would want to hear instead,from you or from someone, would be an apology. They would want someone to validate their feelings, not tell them that it wasn't such a big deal.

    I have seen guests be bothered by someone smoking a cigarette while standing at the main bar. They ask that person nicely, if they wouldn't mind moving away from them, just a little bit, because the smoke really bothers them. The person smoking says to them, "Hey, if it bothers you so much, go stand somewhere else". Is that showing any respect? I don't think so. If they wanted to show the person that is bothered by the smoke some respect, they would kindly tell them, "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't think anyone would mind. But I can see that you are upset, I'll move away from you. I didn't mean to offend anyone."

    When a person is bothered by the behavior of another individual, regardless of whether someone else may think it's no big deal, the person who is offending has the responsibility to offer an apology. Not try to minimize their actions.

    If someone made a remark about your new wife, and she was offended by it, whether she was justified about her feelings or not, she would want an apology. But if the person said to her, "It's no big deal, don't be so upset" Do you think that would make her feel any better? Someone has just offended her and then tells her it's no big deal . I'm sorry, but that just doesn't sit very well with me. And I doubt that it would sit very well with her either.

    I hope you both have a fantastic time while you are there. And if someone does something that is irritating to you or your wife, and then tries to justify or minimize what they did by telling you, "It's no big deal. You shouldn't be so upset", I wonder what your response will be.

  8. #8

    Default

    Hendy...they're not "slamming" it, it's just against the rules but like anywhere else, you're perfectly welcome to break the rules as long as you're willing to face the consequences if you're caught. While I don't know what the consequences would be, if a lot of people saw and complained, you could be kicked out of the resort which would be awful. I would guess that you'd probably just get a slap on the wrist but is it worth the worst-case scenario...that's what you have to ask yourself and then make the decision...HAVE FUN!!!

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by donjohnson View Post
    Hendy...they're not "slamming" it, it's just against the rules but like anywhere else, you're perfectly welcome to break the rules as long as you're willing to face the consequences if you're caught. While I don't know what the consequences would be, if a lot of people saw and complained, you could be kicked out of the resort which would be awful. I would guess that you'd probably just get a slap on the wrist but is it worth the worst-case scenario...that's what you have to ask yourself and then make the decision...HAVE FUN!!!
    I agree with what you say here. I only brought up the "slamming" thing because of other replies I've recieved from them about types of bikinis my wife can wear, etc, etc. I also agree that if things like this went overboard, that there should indeed be consequences, but a guy going out to enjoy a quiet skinny dip under the stars is HARDLY reason for the iron "non-nudity" fist to come slamming down. Nor should you have your entire trip ruined because (gasp!), you can damn near see a nipple through that lady's bikini!!! You're in Jamaica! Relax! Relax in your own way but show others respect, simple as that, right? Don't sweat the small stuff and enjoy your vacation. I like to relax in my Borat thong...that cool with everyone?

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendy View Post
    I agree with what you say here. I only brought up the "slamming" thing because of other replies I've recieved from them about types of bikinis my wife can wear, etc, etc. I also agree that if things like this went overboard, that there should indeed be consequences, but a guy going out to enjoy a quiet skinny dip under the stars is HARDLY reason for the iron "non-nudity" fist to come slamming down. Nor should you have your entire trip ruined because (gasp!), you can damn near see a nipple through that lady's bikini!!! You're in Jamaica! Relax! Relax in your own way but show others respect, simple as that, right? Don't sweat the small stuff and enjoy your vacation. I like to relax in my Borat thong...that cool with everyone?
    Ya, I'm one that I don't care what kind of bikini or suit someone wears although I find that I gawk much more when someone's wearing a revealing suit vs. being naked on the A/N side. How funny you mention the borat slingshot...I talked about getting one for our trip next month, hahaha

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,276

    Default

    Very interesting discussion. There are a number of things to consider here. First and foremost, the rules at Couples resorts. They are there so that everyone knows what they can and can not do. If there is one guest that is bothered by what another guest does, even though that action may seem insignificant to some, the powers that be look very unfavorable on that. Couples has a reputation. That reputation is very important, and anyone who does not abide by the rules, can be subject to being asked to leave the resort.
    Hendy, even though you may not think that a quick skinny dip at night is a big deal, it is a big deal to those that run that resort. I have been to CTI 32 times. I have seen people that were asked to leave the resort for thinking that they didn't have to abide by the rules. No guest can come to a resort and decide for themselves that this rule or that rule is okay to be broken. I'm here to tell you it can't.
    Everyone is there to have fun, chill out and be with the one that they love. But anyone who decides for themselves that they are above the rules is in for some serious trouble. I would suggest that before you go for that skinny dip at night, you should also think what the consequences may be. I'm telling you, in no uncertain terms, don't push the boundaries that have been established for all the guests. Jamaica is very big on "respect". From what I have read, it doesn't sound as though you appear to have respect for the rules. What ever they may be. It is certainly not up to any guest to decide that they can break a rule simply because they find that rule "silly" or "not such a big deal". I think you are starting out with an attitude that will come back to bite you in the ass.

    Don't say you weren't warned.

    Richie

  12. #12

    Default

    Crabracer,
    Well said!!!! I hope you and Syl have a wonderful trip in April! I have never had the pleasure of meeting you or your wife, since we love CSS, but have enjoyed yours posts!

    One Love,
    suzyQ

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crabracer View Post
    Very interesting discussion. There are a number of things to consider here. First and foremost, the rules at Couples resorts. They are there so that everyone knows what they can and can not do. If there is one guest that is bothered by what another guest does, even though that action may seem insignificant to some, the powers that be look very unfavorable on that. Couples has a reputation. That reputation is very important, and anyone who does not abide by the rules, can be subject to being asked to leave the resort.
    Hendy, even though you may not think that a quick skinny dip at night is a big deal, it is a big deal to those that run that resort. I have been to CTI 32 times. I have seen people that were asked to leave the resort for thinking that they didn't have to abide by the rules. No guest can come to a resort and decide for themselves that this rule or that rule is okay to be broken. I'm here to tell you it can't.
    Everyone is there to have fun, chill out and be with the one that they love. But anyone who decides for themselves that they are above the rules is in for some serious trouble. I would suggest that before you go for that skinny dip at night, you should also think what the consequences may be. I'm telling you, in no uncertain terms, don't push the boundaries that have been established for all the guests. Jamaica is very big on "respect". From what I have read, it doesn't sound as though you appear to have respect for the rules. What ever they may be. It is certainly not up to any guest to decide that they can break a rule simply because they find that rule "silly" or "not such a big deal". I think you are starting out with an attitude that will come back to bite you in the ass.

    Don't say you weren't warned.

    Richie
    Wow...I'm really getting it for this one hey? Crabracer, I certainly didn't mean to rile you or anyone else up, but...I have no respect for the rules, whatever they may be!!?? I brought up a few times in my posts to treat people with respect. I have read all the rules at Couples, and I understand them AND I understand the consequences. I have no intentions of "deciding what rules to follow" and it's crazy that you assume I would. And I didn't say that I was going to DO it, but thanks for my "warning". ALL I was saying is that if someone wades into the ocean, strips off for a quick dip, with no intent to offend or show off to anyone, that shouldn't be the huge issue that everyone is turning this into. I'm not condoning or agreeing with stripping off elsewhere, running down the beach to the ocean or anything!
    I am looking forward to having a great, relaxing, and fun time at CTI with my new wife. I don't plan on seeing how many people I can upset by disrespecting them or getting my kicks from seeing how many rules I decide to follow or break. I also look forward to making many new friends at the island and on the mainland, including some of the people who have responded here who will be there the same time as we are. Didn't mean to offend anyone.
    Traderclaude...I guess the simple answer is no, you're not allowed. If you do, there's possible consequences, treat people with respect, and have a great time. See ya there.
    Crabracer...I DO want to say thanks for your ideas about "games" on the island, should be fun!
    To everyone else...I'm not REALLY going to wear a Borat thong, so if I offended a bunch of people with that too, it was just a joke.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,276

    Default

    I would suggest to anyone, that before they do something stupid, or something they may not think is a "big deal", they should read the the first post on this page. "Rules of conduct" as established by the owners".

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    At the very top of the A/N MB is a thread entitled "CTI - Rules of conduct as directed by the owners."

    In that message, Randymon says, "we intend to enforce the following rules of conduct relating to nudity and Tower Island . . . . There will be absolutely no nudity on the mainland . . . ."

    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Hey I am kinda of a rule guy but a couple years ago we were at css and late one night at the beach bar a group all decided to go for a swim in various states of dress or undress...nobody was asked to leave and those that didn't join in ...laughed

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default tj--we had a similar nite at CN

    Quote Originally Posted by tj View Post
    Hey I am kinda of a rule guy but a couple years ago we were at css and late one night at the beach bar a group all decided to go for a swim in various states of dress or undress...nobody was asked to leave and those that didn't join in ...laughed
    A couple of years ago we met up with a group of "new" friends one nite in the piano bar. After spending the nite together we all grabbed a drink and walked the beach. Somebody got the same idea as you guys had, and before you knew it we were all in the water in various stages of undress laughing and having a great time. And to think we might have been 50-feet north of the hedge row! Well when we got out one of the clowns had grabbed an armful of clothes and ran up to the pool area. There wasn't anything to do but grab my Appleton and head to my room as I was, (2-moons were out that nite).
    We dodged people by hiding in bushes, etc. Our room was on the 3rd floor of bldg 6., well we made it, never heard a word from management, but did get a standing ovation and a loud round of applause upon breakfast in the morning. Some standing I had never seen before. I have no idea if they had ever seem me/us? We were all total strangers totally understand RESPECT but were having a great time.
    In thinking about it----if done respectfully I believe there is a way to take a mid-nite dip with your sweetie and not step on toes. Simply wait till the beach and overlook area is clear, grab a float, walk yourselves out into the water--putting your suits on the float, and enjoy the feeling and the moment. When leaving, foloow the sequence in reverse and it's your own secret. --You'd have shown respect and yet have your own personal memory of your vacation. Be Smart & Enjoy

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    334

    Default

    One more thing to consider.

    Some textilers are really freaked out by naked people. While most of the guests we've met were fairly laid back, I do remember a few who rabidly hated the idea of seeing another person nude. I don't think you want the confrontation, or to have them irate enough to get you thrown out.

    That being said, the beach is usually empty after the candlelight dinners are over, and its pretty dark. But why ruin your trip, and possibly someone else's who can't handle seeing a brief glimpse at a nude person.

    Lastly, I'd be nervous swimming there at night. Lots of urchins, coral and other stuff you would want to avoid. SSB or CN is probably your best bet for skinny dipping

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ct ti fan View Post
    One more thing to consider.

    Some textilers are really freaked out by naked people. While most of the guests we've met were fairly laid back, I do remember a few who rabidly hated the idea of seeing another person nude.
    If a textile was THAT opposed to nudity, why would they go to a resort that has AN facilities ? There are many resorts that do not allow for AN. AN is important to us and we would not go to a beach resort that did not have AN options, one would think the opposite would be true...guess I don't get it.
    CSS - March, 2012
    CTI - March, 2013, 2014, 2015

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JW1 View Post
    If a textile was THAT opposed to nudity, why would they go to a resort that has AN facilities ? There are many resorts that do not allow for AN. AN is important to us and we would not go to a beach resort that did not have AN options, one would think the opposite would be true...guess I don't get it.

    You know I am a new to all this but I think you kind of answered your own question. Its OPTIONAL. That is why they have designated areas for it. So, if you want to run around the whole resort naked, why dont you go find one that all nudist or however they refer to it. I am pretty sure they eist. Now, I am a fairly laid back person and it really doesnt bother me either way. But, this will our first trip to any couples resort or any resort that has the AN option of any kind. My wife is still on the fence about the whole AN experience but we would like the option if we do decide to participate, but dont want to worry about it if that is something we decide we want to be a part of. Hence that is why we picked CTI. It is secluded. You can be a big a part of that as you want to be or be as far away from it as you want to be. Also, we picked this resort becuase of its reputation. Because we do not know anyone that has ever been there, what else do we have to base our decisions on? So if Couples gets a reputation for a lot of rules being broken, its going to scare off a lot of business. We also picked this resort because it offers a lot of extras in its packages that most resorts do not offer. So, I hope this helps you GET IT for all of us NONE/NEW AN goers that will be visiting CTI.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J&AC View Post
    You know I am a new to all this but I think you kind of answered your own question. Its OPTIONAL. That is why they have designated areas for it. So, if you want to run around the whole resort naked, why dont you go find one that all nudist or however they refer to it. I am pretty sure they eist. Now, I am a fairly laid back person and it really doesnt bother me either way. But, this will our first trip to any couples resort or any resort that has the AN option of any kind. My wife is still on the fence about the whole AN experience but we would like the option if we do decide to participate, but dont want to worry about it if that is something we decide we want to be a part of. Hence that is why we picked CTI. It is secluded. You can be a big a part of that as you want to be or be as far away from it as you want to be. Also, we picked this resort becuase of its reputation. Because we do not know anyone that has ever been there, what else do we have to base our decisions on? So if Couples gets a reputation for a lot of rules being broken, its going to scare off a lot of business. We also picked this resort because it offers a lot of extras in its packages that most resorts do not offer. So, I hope this helps you GET IT for all of us NONE/NEW AN goers that will be visiting CTI.
    You CLEARLY missed my point...I was not talking about couples who may be on the fence about AN - like you or have decided that it is not for them but are "live and let live". Also, at no time did I advocate flouting the rules about designated AN areas (by the way, the term you are looking for is naturist).

    I was talking about folks who are completely opposed to AN and would freak over an accidental glimpse of a naked person as was referenced by another poster in this thread.

    I hope you UNDERSTAND where I was coming from now.
    CSS - March, 2012
    CTI - March, 2013, 2014, 2015

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    165

    Default

    I would add, there seems to be a group of people that believe that just because someone, or a couple bent the rules and didn't get punished for it, that makes it OK. You can see the number of people that want the rules adhered to, get brow beat for wanting among other things, the women to be nude on the nude beaches, the couple to be together at the nude beaches, etc. Respect of the rules, means respect for the greater portion of couples visiting the AN areas. Even if couples staff doesn't lower the boom on rule breakers.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,276

    Default

    Over the years that we have been going to CTI, we have seen a lot of rules get broken. Some caused a lot of reactions, others, not so much. We know that management has become a lot more strict in regards to some of the rules. They realize that if even one couple comes away from their vacation with a bitter taste in their mouth, that's one couple to many.
    And if there was someone that wanted to do something, like skinny dipping at night off the beach, I wouldn't put it on the message board for all to see.
    Couples is pretty special to a lot of people. It wouldn't take much for someone to be a jerk and sour a lot of other couples. This is not just another "vacation destination".


  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Thanks for your response Crabracer.

    FYI Hendy, I responded to your previous posts because they all appeared to be asking to 'break the rules'. As pointed out by Pamela, read the rules at the top of the page.

    Of course, if you really want to spoil the wonderful atmosphere at CTI by turning it into some kind of Hedo and risk the consequences, then by all means ignore my comments which, believe it or not, were with the intention of being helpful to a first timer at CTI.

    Mad about tennis

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,276

    Default

    I just want to reiterate what johnirene stated. If for any reason anyone has the idea that Couples is in any way a "hook up" resort, or is anything, and I mean anything like Hedo, you are sadly mistaken. The name of the resort is Couples. I wouldn't read anything to that. We are all there to have a good time, enjoy great food and drink, bask in the warm sun, swim in the Caribbean and socialize with other like minded couples. The reputation that Couples has established over the past 60 plus years has made it the premier all inclusive resort in Jamaica. They pride themselves on making sure each and every couple enjoy themselves and abide by whatever rules have been set down.

    If everyone follows those rules, then everyone can have a great experience at any of the four resorts.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •