Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: CTI question-

Quote Originally Posted by J&AC View Post
    You know I am a new to all this but I think you kind of answered your own question. Its OPTIONAL. That is why they have designated areas for it. So, if you want to run around the whole resort naked, why dont you go find one that all nudist or however they refer to it. I am pretty sure they eist. Now, I am a fairly laid back person and it really doesnt bother me either way. But, this will our first trip to any couples resort or any resort that has the AN option of any kind. My wife is still on the fence about the whole AN experience but we would like the option if we do decide to participate, but dont want to worry about it if that is something we decide we want to be a part of. Hence that is why we picked CTI. It is secluded. You can be a big a part of that as you want to be or be as far away from it as you want to be. Also, we picked this resort becuase of its reputation. Because we do not know anyone that has ever been there, what else do we have to base our decisions on? So if Couples gets a reputation for a lot of rules being broken, its going to scare off a lot of business. We also picked this resort because it offers a lot of extras in its packages that most resorts do not offer. So, I hope this helps you GET IT for all of us NONE/NEW AN goers that will be visiting CTI.
    You CLEARLY missed my point...I was not talking about couples who may be on the fence about AN - like you or have decided that it is not for them but are "live and let live". Also, at no time did I advocate flouting the rules about designated AN areas (by the way, the term you are looking for is naturist).

I was talking about folks who are completely opposed to AN and would freak over an accidental glimpse of a naked person as was referenced by another poster in this thread.

I hope you UNDERSTAND where I was coming from now.
    CSS - March, 2012
    CTI - March, 2013, 2014, 2015

Default tj--we had a similar nite at CN

Quote Originally Posted by tj View Post
    Hey I am kinda of a rule guy but a couple years ago we were at css and late one night at the beach bar a group all decided to go for a swim in various states of dress or undress...nobody was asked to leave and those that didn't join in ...laughed
    A couple of years ago we met up with a group of "new" friends one nite in the piano bar. After spending the nite together we all grabbed a drink and walked the beach. Somebody got the same idea as you guys had, and before you knew it we were all in the water in various stages of undress laughing and having a great time. And to think we might have been 50-feet north of the hedge row! Well when we got out one of the clowns had grabbed an armful of clothes and ran up to the pool area. There wasn't anything to do but grab my Appleton and head to my room as I was, (2-moons were out that nite).
    We dodged people by hiding in bushes, etc. Our room was on the 3rd floor of bldg 6., well we made it, never heard a word from management, but did get a standing ovation and a loud round of applause upon breakfast in the morning. Some standing I had never seen before. I have no idea if they had ever seem me/us? We were all total strangers totally understand RESPECT but were having a great time.
    In thinking about it----if done respectfully I believe there is a way to take a mid-nite dip with your sweetie and not step on toes. Simply wait till the beach and overlook area is clear, grab a float, walk yourselves out into the water--putting your suits on the float, and enjoy the feeling and the moment. When leaving, foloow the sequence in reverse and it's your own secret. --You'd have shown respect and yet have your own personal memory of your vacation. Be Smart & Enjoy

"If someone runs to the edge of the water, drops shorts, and goes for a quick star-gazing skinny dip, who cares?!"

By saying "who cares" sounds to me as though that person didn't think the incident was such a big deal. And it may not be to you in the overall scheme of things. But someone making that statement sounds as though they are minimizing the incident and doesn't think that anyone should be upset about it. Maybe they shouldn't. But the fact is, someone is upset, whether they are justified or not, if you tell them, "who cares" that just adds insult to injury. It wouldn't be showing them any respect for their feelings, it would just be telling them that, as far as you are concerned, it wasn't such a big deal. Maybe it isn't such a big deal to you, but you just heard someone say they are upset by what took place. Rather than tell them it isn't such a bid deal, what they would want to hear instead,from you or from someone, would be an apology. They would want someone to validate their feelings, not tell them that it wasn't such a big deal.

I have seen guests be bothered by someone smoking a cigarette while standing at the main bar. They ask that person nicely, if they wouldn't mind moving away from them, just a little bit, because the smoke really bothers them. The person smoking says to them, "Hey, if it bothers you so much, go stand somewhere else". Is that showing any respect? I don't think so. If they wanted to show the person that is bothered by the smoke some respect, they would kindly tell them, "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't think anyone would mind. But I can see that you are upset, I'll move away from you. I didn't mean to offend anyone."

When a person is bothered by the behavior of another individual, regardless of whether someone else may think it's no big deal, the person who is offending has the responsibility to offer an apology. Not try to minimize their actions.

If someone made a remark about your new wife, and she was offended by it, whether she was justified about her feelings or not, she would want an apology. But if the person said to her, "It's no big deal, don't be so upset" Do you think that would make her feel any better? Someone has just offended her and then tells her it's no big deal . I'm sorry, but that just doesn't sit very well with me. And I doubt that it would sit very well with her either.

I hope you both have a fantastic time while you are there. And if someone does something that is irritating to you or your wife, and then tries to justify or minimize what they did by telling you, "It's no big deal. You shouldn't be so upset", I wonder what your response will be.

JW1, I fully understood your point. But what you missed in mine is that no matter if you are on the fence about AN or not, Couples is a great place for a vacation. This is becuase they do such a great job keeping the two areas a part. I know that you did not support breaking the rules and I am sorry if I made it seem so. I am simply stating my point of view from someone that has never visited an AN resort. One thing we noticed is that to get an adult only resort, you almost have to visit one with an AN area. There are a few that exist, but they didnt include a lot of thing that we wanted in our vacation. Now as far as I am concerned, people can freak out as much as they want to about someone being naked if they are breaking the rules and are somewhere they are not supposed to be. I mean they are paying just as much to enjoy that resort and its non-AN side as someone is paying to enjoy the AN side. So, they should not have to worry about running into that no matter if it is as silly as someone skinny dipping at at night. Now as I previously stated, I am a really laid back person and it would not bother me one bit if someone that was totally butt naked came up to me and struck up a conversation. But that is not something you should have to worry about when paying this much for a vacation. CTI has a lot to offer in a vacation that wifre and I were looking for before the AN aspect was even discovered. So when you take all of these things into consideration, CTI is a great vacation place for AN goes and NON-AN goes alike. And No one should have to worry about being bothered from the others. I think this is why Couples does such a great job and puts so much emphasis on their rules. They want everyone to be relaxed and as happy as possible. As far as the AN experience, I am hoping my wife does decide to try it. But if not, I know we are still going to have a great time because of the rule, regulations, and effort that the couples staff and management puts into making these experiences non-forgetable for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by tj View Post
    I must admit this is great reading...how a simple question that could have been answered yes or no has turned into this....
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by J&AC View Post
    JW1, I fully understood your point. But what you missed in mine is that no matter if you are on the fence about AN or not, Couples is a great place for a vacation. This is becuase they do such a great job keeping the two areas a part. I know that you did not support breaking the rules and I am sorry if I made it seem so. I am simply stating my point of view from someone that has never visited an AN resort. One thing we noticed is that to get an adult only resort, you almost have to visit one with an AN area. There are a few that exist, but they didnt include a lot of thing that we wanted in our vacation. Now as far as I am concerned, people can freak out as much as they want to about someone being naked if they are breaking the rules and are somewhere they are not supposed to be. I mean they are paying just as much to enjoy that resort and its non-AN side as someone is paying to enjoy the AN side. So, they should not have to worry about running into that no matter if it is as silly as someone skinny dipping at at night. Now as I previously stated, I am a really laid back person and it would not bother me one bit if someone that was totally butt naked came up to me and struck up a conversation. But that is not something you should have to worry about when paying this much for a vacation. CTI has a lot to offer in a vacation that wifre and I were looking for before the AN aspect was even discovered. So when you take all of these things into consideration, CTI is a great vacation place for AN goes and NON-AN goes alike. And No one should have to worry about being bothered from the others. I think this is why Couples does such a great job and puts so much emphasis on their rules. They want everyone to be relaxed and as happy as possible. As far as the AN experience, I am hoping my wife does decide to try it. But if not, I know we are still going to have a great time because of the rule, regulations, and effort that the couples staff and management puts into making these experiences non-forgetable for everyone.
    Fair enough - enjoy your trip...and I hope your wife does give AN a chance...for many of us. once you try it, it is hard to wear a bathing suit again.
    CSS - March, 2012
    CTI - March, 2013, 2014, 2015

Crabracer, this is outta hand. I mentioned the guy running to the edge of the water as an attempt at respect, doing it away from others. I've already agreed that if someone was offended that consequences should be expected. Sorry if what I said wasn't worded correctly and seemed like I don't care about others, or respect them. I really like how barbjer worded it just a couple posts above, and is basically what I was trying to say. There shouldn't be an issue if someone takes steps to keep it to themselves and not bother other people by a late night, secluded dip with their SO. I say "shouldn't" because at least the attempt at respect was there, not "shouldn't" because I think it's "crazy" for someone to be offended by it. I'm done hearing your examples of how to respect people in different scenarios, so knock it off please. I apologize to everyone for having this get out of hand. I hope everyone here has a fantastic time during their upcoming holidays, and I truly hope to meet some of you while we're there!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2