I'm getting married next year and we want to take our honeymoon at CSA. So I just have a few questions.
1. I know we get a free massage because we are on our honeymoon, do we notify them when we book or can it wait until we get there?
2. For the private dinner, do we notify them before we get there or when we book?
3. Is the Ocean Verandah Suite a good room for a view?
4. My fiance and I have never traveled, would it just be easier for us use a travel agent?
5. When should we book?
6. For all of the activities that we can do, do they just give you a schedule when we get there of all the things you can sign up for?
Pretty much anything you can tell me that would be useful info for me that would be great. Anything that when you went to CSA, you wish you would have known. I'm getting a little overwhelmed because we've never traveled like this and I'm afraid that we are going to miss out on something! PLEASE HELP!!! Thanks
There are so many things to do - you just have to decide which things you NEED to do and which things you can save for your next trip
You don't have to sign up for anything ahead of time. You can arrange it all when you get there-visit the super helpful concierge desk and they will be more than happy to walk you through whatever it is you want to do. There is also orientation-which I didn't attend-but that my answer some of your questions.
I'm sure part of your questions are coming from the anxiety of never having taken a trip like this before. Biggest tip - take a deep breath and relax. You can join any activity or no activity - it's all up to you. I just got back from CSA on Tuesday and only did the Glass Bottom Boat trip - the rest of the time I was a beach bum, spending time with my boyfriend, enjoying just being there. You may find you want to take every tour they offer or, you may get there and want to do nothing but be with your new hubby. Remember, you are on Jamaica time when you are there - no worries, no problems, no hurry!
As far as the honeymoon massage and dinner - I think you have to choose the honeymoon package...others will know better than me on that one so I'd wait for other responses. However, yes, you'll choose your days/times for these activities when you get there and you don't have to choose the moment you arrive-just keep sunburn in mind for that massage--you might want to do it early in your trip if that's at all a concern for you
You can go through a travel agent - they will certainly be able to walk you through all the details needed (passports etc) for the trip or you can go through Couples directly...they are SUPER helpful! You can also book whenever. I just got home and am working out details to book for next August already!!
As far as rooms - I had a fantastic view from room 2124 Atrium Suite. There are other Atriums that are in non-prime locations though. Consider the overall cost and length of your stay - you won't spend much time in your room....at least not looking at the view You will no doubt spend some time there but if you get the chance to stay longer with a different room then you may want to consider that. Othewise, sure, the OVS are very nice and you will have a great view...some rooms have lush vegitation though so it's still possible to have some obstruction. Rest assured - no matter what you choose, your stay will be wonderful!!!!
Also, don't worry about missing out on things. I think it's impossible to do everything anyway. I'm pretty sure you'll be happier getting there, looking over the options and choosing the things most intersting to you at that moment in time. I would suggest making your Feathers and Lemongrass reservations for early in your trip so you leave yourself room to eat there again if you really like them.
Good luck and have fun - I have no doubt you will!!!!!
1.) I just called the spa from our room and scheduled our free
2.) My husband arranged for the dinner at the front desk the very next day after we arrived.
3.)We stayed in a Beachfront Veranda Suite, unobstructed view right on the beach. Perfect.
4.)We booked directly through this website, no problems.
5.)The sooner the better.
6.)Yes, and you can print a schedule right off of this website.
Book the resort on this web site before August 31! This will be the best deal you will see, unless there is a Wednesday special which I wouldn't count on.
Then use a travel agent to find you the best airfare. Discuss travel insurance with the agent and consider getting the kind that lets you grab a better airfare if it comes along. Our travel agent constantly looks for a better rate for us.
You picked a great resort. First of all, you can use a travel agent or book through Couples. When you book, let the agent or Couples know that you will be on your honeymoon and they will post that on the reservation. Once the reservation is made, you can book the private dinner before you get there or after.....you pick.
There are two reservation only restaurants at CSA and to make a reservation at these places you go to the concierge desk or call from your room. As long as you are flexible on times, you shouldn't have a problem getting reservations. You also have to reserve the Catamaran Cruise at the desk too.
Check out a sampling of daily activities on the Couples site. Go to the Swept Away tab and down on the left it will say Activities....click on that and you will see what they have to offer. They will give you a list of activities when you check in, so look it over and decide what you think might do. You don't have to sign up for any of these, just show up and do them if you feel like it.
We loved our Ocean Verandah Suite. We were in room 3316. It is a third floor corner room. We had a good view. Tell them at check in that you would like a good view and see what they come up with....if you get to the room and aren't happy, let them know, they will more than likely move you if there is something available.
You can book whenever you know what you want. If you book through Couples and the price drops for that week, I believe if you let them know, they will change yours to the lower rate as long as it is 45 days or more out.
The best advice is to keep looking at these message boards. You will get so much information about CSA on here. If you have any specific question, just ask. There are so many people on here that know that resort backwards and forwards. I'm so excited for you. Congrats on the marriage. You are gonna have a blast at CSA. I love that resort. CSA ROCKS!!!
1. I know we get a free massage because we are on our honeymoon, do we notify them when we book or can it wait until we get there? You can tell them when you book, but it won't matter until you arrive. But, make sure you have proof that you were married within the last 30 days. We used our weeding program that had the date on it and that was enough. Here's more information about the free honeymoon perks: http://couples.com/weddings/honeymoonlanding.html
2. For the private dinner, do we notify them before we get there or when we book? You can contact the Romance Concierge to book the private dinner before you arrive. However, they don't actually schedule it until you arrive and confirm. If I were you, I'd wait until you arrive and check out the weekly activity schedule so you'll know what night you want to do it. I surprised my hubby with this a few trips back and loved it!!
3. Is the Ocean Verandah Suite a good room for a view? We thought so! I'll post some pics. It's not an ocean front view, but you can definitely see the beach. We were on the first floor and loved that we could just walk right off from the porch. But the view is better from the 2nd or 3rd floor.
4. My fiance and I have never traveled, would it just be easier for us use a travel agent? It's really up to you. We always book our flights directly with the airline because it's cheaper. We have always used a TA int he past to book the hotel, but this year we are booking direct with Couples. The good thing about a TA is that if there is a problem, you just call one person and they can fix it all at once. But if not, and there is a problem, Couples would take care of the hotel (quicker than a TA can) and then you'd have to figure out your own airline stuff.
5. When should we book? BOOK NOW!!! The hotels rates for the Fall in Love Again for 2010 are as cheap as they are going to get! We've been going for several years now and this is the cheapest we've seen it. We have already booked for our April 2010 trip. However, we know that the flights are never cheap this far out, so we won't book those until around December. But you have to hurry! The special ends August 31!!! Buy the insurance too, about $158 extra, so if the price were to drop lower, you can cancel and rebook without a penalty.
6. For all of the activities that we can do, do they just give you a schedule when we get there of all the things you can sign up for? Yep! You will get a weekly schedule that has the times for things that don't change, like snorkeling and the cat cruise. Then each day they will also have a daily activities board posted throughout the property that has stuff on it like beach volleyball and pottery painting.
Pretty much anything you can tell me that would be useful info for me that would be great. Anything that when you went to CSA, you wish you would have known. I'm getting a little overwhelmed because we've never traveled like this and I'm afraid that we are going to miss out on something! The best advice I can give you is not to overplan! Relax, have fun and do what you want when you feel like it.
We have been to all of the Couples - you will LOVE CSA!! I'd be happy to send you our pictures or answer any other questions if that would help (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Have a great trip!
Last edited by Amy; November 7th, 2009 at 09:06 AM.
The other posters have answered your questions; I just want to weigh in on your desire for a room with view. The rooms with the best views are the Beachfront Suites in the old section, the Beachfront Verandah Suites in the new section, and the Great House Jacuzzi Suites in the Great House.
It might aid your decision if you can get a better idea of the resort's layout and the location of the different room categories. Click on the tab for CSA above, then scroll down and click on the Maps & Panoramic Views link on the left-hand side.
Congrats on you upcoming wedding. Have a great honeymoon at CSA.
I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).
Most of the guys here would have answered most of the questions. I shall just answer the first question. When you book there is a field that says COMMENTS... Make sure you enter honeymoon over there and you should get your 'his and her' half hour massage. I found this information on the FAQ's link.
We stayed in the beachfront verandah suite last year and are staying in the same this October. The best!!! Wouldn't stay anywhere else because of the view. You get up in the morning and have coffee and breakfast if you want on the verandah, looking at the ocean!! FANTASTIC! Enjoy and have a great time.