Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Early flight into Montego ??

Who's got the earliest flight into MoBay ?? Where is your connection or departure to get you there ? I'm gonna book our flight sometime this week and I was hoping to get in a little earlier this year. We usually get there about 1:00 or so but if the flight is delayed it can be 3-4:00 before we get to CSA. I was thinking about flying somewhere the night before and trying to catch an early flight into MoBay.
    Proud palapa hoarder since 2007 !!!

We flew from Minneapolis to Detroit the night before and stayed at the Westin right in the airport. We were
    then able to take the 8:30 AM flight to MoBay. As expected, we were at the resort so early that our room wasn't ready, but we had some great beach time while waiting. It was a lot of fun starting our vacation a day early, and we're likely to do it again!
    Jan and Mark
    CN 2009
    CSA 2011
    CSA 2013
    CSS 2014

We always leave New Orleans at 6 am and connect in Charlotte. Usually in Jamaica by 11:30 and at CSA by 1:30 at the latest.

We fly out of Boston on U.S. Air around 5:30 a.m., get to Charlotte around 7:00, leave Charlotte around 8:00 and usually arrive at Montego Bay by 10:00.

We fly out of JFK (New York) on Caribbean Air. Flight 10 departs JFK at 5:50 am and lands in MBJ at 8:35 am. We fly from MoBay into Negril on TimAir, and last time we were in Jamaica (April 2011), we arrived at the resort early enough to have breakfast.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Jet Blue has a flight out of Orlando that leaves approx 7:30, arrives around 9:30 into MBJ----earliest i have been able to find. mike

There is a 5:50am flight out of jfk non-stop on Caribbean Air.

markandjannett,
    we arrive in MoBay at 10:44 am on a flight from BWI, Baltimore Washington , we have a stop in Miami but no plane change, we are coming in on a Friday though to beat the Customs crowds

American Airlines, more expensive than Airtran but we booked before Airtran had published schedules and rates, our mistake there
    Mick

We fly US Air out of charlotte NC at 7:05 am and get to MO Bay @ 10:50 am

From Philadelphia we fly Air Jamaica/Caribbean Air. We depart Phila. at 6:00 a.m. and arrive in Mo Bay around 8:25 a.m. Jamaica time.

We're on a flight with Caribbean Air from JFK to Montego Bay that leaves at 5:50am and arrives at 9:35am. I'd say this has to be one of the earliest arrivals for sure. Looking forward to short lines and arriving at CSA before noon!!

I'm not sure a whole lot of "early" flights get into Mobay from North America. The majority seem to come in between noon and 2pm local time; I usually try to get the earliest possible flight, but it's rarely scheduled to come in before 11am.

I just looked at Flightstats for today, and the only US flights that arrive before 11 are three at about 9:30 (two Caribbean Airlines from Philly and JFK, and a JetBlue out of Orlando), and a US Airways (ex Charlotte) at 10:55.

The problem is -- you can get on the earlier flights, but if you're making connections, that might mean overnighting in transit (or sleeping in the airport). And I'm not sure if that's worth it or not to get there three or four hours earlier.

Haha, I had posted pretty much the same question....

CSS April 29-May 10, 2013

air jamaica out of Philly or JFK gets you inat arround 9.30 AM. Beware though as when we did it in Nov to CSA they made us wait 4 hrs for a room.

we are booked on carribean air leaving from Philly, 8:45 arrival, should get into CSS around noon-ish!! Can't wait! They are the earliest with USAir arriving next at 9 something.

We fly US Airwar out of Denver .The red eye thru charlotte.We get to MoBay about 10:30 and are on the beach by 1 0r 2 pm.

Bump ...

Depends where you're comming from, but Philly flys out at 6am ,lands at 8;35 jamaica time, 9:35 our time, which is awessome.

Pamela- I'm taking that same flight for the first time in 2 weeks. I'm so happy to hear someone else has also! Can you tell me if I really need to be there 2 hours before that early in the morning? I'm going on a Saturday. Do you have any other useful info for me about that flight since you know everything? LMAO!

Thanks!
    Lisa

I'm flying out of Boston on Jet Blue April 28th. The flight is non-stop leaving at 6:30 a.m. and arriving in Montego Bay at 9:39 a.m. Headed to Couples Negril - can't wait!

LeeandD, we always try to be at JFK around 4 am. Even though it's horribly early in the morning, you still want to leave yourself ample time to get to the airport in the event that traffic or weather causes delays. I don't know what traffic is like coming in from Long Island; I'm in Westchester, and while normally we've encountered little traffic, there have been some big backups at the toll bridge. We also travel on Fridays; Saturday will be much busier at the airport, so I would definitely plan to arrive early.

The best advice I can give you is to check-in online. There has always been a separate line for people who have checked-in online. The airline agent simply checks your passport and takes any luggage that you might be checking, and then you're on your way to security. This line tends to be shorter and moves quickly. If you do not check-in online, you will have to get in what has been, in our experience, a very long, slow-moving line of people waiting to check-in.
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

We land at 235 and hope to be at CN by 4 (via AirLink), is this a late start, i.e., is the day shot? I was originally hoping to be there by 12, but that flight was to expensive, so we had to settle with landing at 235.

We will be getting in around 1030. We are taking the redeye out of SLC and connecting in Atlanta, its gonna be a long flight! We chose the redeye so we could get there as early as possible, and even paid extra for it, so we wouldn't waste our first day there. So I am hoping its not gonna be a problem. I was curious as to how it works when you get there earlier than the check in time? Do you just hang out til your room is ready?

Hey travelguy. My wife and I are on the same flight as you. We are staying at css though. First trip to couples and can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by travelguy View Post
    I'm flying out of Boston on Jet Blue April 28th. The flight is non-stop leaving at 6:30 a.m. and arriving in Montego Bay at 9:39 a.m. Headed to Couples Negril - can't wait!

Thanks for the ideas. I really like the idea of being in MoBay before 11:00. If the room's not ready, then no worries, Mon, we can grab a patty and a Red Stripe and hit the beach !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast