Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Mens restaurant attire

Can my husband wear "sneakers" with dress pants and collered shirt to the fancy restaurants? Will be there April 9 - 14 for the first time. This message board is great!

I have seen it go both ways. Going by the rules the answer is no sneakers, but I have seen men wearing them in
    the fancy restaurant

No

Absolutely no sneakers. We faced this issue when we were at CN back in 2010. My hubby of course did not listen to me when I told him to bring a pair of dressy pants and nice closed toed shoes. He thought he could get away with wearing nice dark jeans and a pair of white sneakers. Well, that was a negative. At one point, we looked for a pair of dressy pants to buy him, thinking he may be able to get away with the sneakers, but we were shot down. So, needless to say, he will definitely be bringing the required necessities for our trip to CSA this May!

How about a closed toe sandal with Docker's?

Closed toe sandals with dockers type pants and a collared shirt is jut fine. Enjoy you time at Couples!

What about something like these? I know they look like slippers, but theyre not - this is the only colour available on the website!

http://www.aldoshoes.com/static/webU...sping_44_6.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CSAinMarch View Post
    What about something like these? I know they look like slippers, but theyre not - this is the only colour available on the website!

Seriously? Why would you want to wear shoes that resemble slippers to a fancy restaurant?

Bad example because those in the picture do look like slippers I know, in reality they dont look as bad as that, honest! (and I saw tan coloured ones in the store rather than ugly green)

They look like slippers

Quote Originally Posted by CSAinMarch View Post

They look fine...as long as you don't get the green...I think tan would look good with dockers and a nice shirt. It should definitely pass at the restaurant.

Why buy a pair of shoes which look like slippers just to wear at the 'dress code' restaurants? Why not save the money and just pack a pair of closed toe shoes?

Can't understand why so many 'would be' guests keep trying to 'get around' the restaurant dress code, when it says closed toe shoes and no sneakers allowed it's clear to me that the restaurant does not want male diners turning up in casual, beachwear type shoes or sandals - but hey I'm a stickler for obeying the rules, particularly when I'm a guest - what's the big deal about not wanting to wear closed toe shoes??

Mad about tennis

Remember that you are at a top line all inclusive resort where people come to feel and be treated special in a relaxed atmosphere. Try to at least look the part and you may be surprised to find that you will like it. Would you walk into a top city restaurant wearing sneakers or slipper knock offs? I would hope not. Take a pair of light weight slip on shoes and enjoy. This is a resort with a beach for the day but it returns to a resort at night. If you want to be a 24/7 beach bum rent a hut somewhere and enjoy that lifesyle. This is Couples and they are a class act.

Can someone just explain to a non-North American what "sneakers" are please? Are they what we would call "sports trainers"? I sometimes take casual shoes on holiday some black, some white made by Reebok - but they are more shoes than trainers, would they be OK?

Your vacation is your vaction, but you only get pics of the two of you together when you ask someone to take the picture. Are they going to get you both top to bottom or just waist or chest high. I ususally snap multiples for those who ask so they can have something to choose from...and the best shot might be head to toe...and you want that picture to be perfect. Guys - You want your wife to look nice for you...look nice for her. She wants you to relax and enjoy, but she also wants you to be her Stud!
    2012: Apr 22-29 Couples Tower Isle; Jul 21-28 HBR
    PAST TRIPS:CouplesOR-Feb '95, Jun '97, Jan '00,01
    HedoIII-Jul '03,04,05 GLB-Jul 06,07,08,09 Starfish-Jun 07,08
    Rose Hall-Jun '08,09 GLN-Jun '09 Breezes Rio Bueno-Feb '10
    Dreams RC & PA-Jun '10 Now Jade-Apr '11 El Dorado/HBR-Jul '10,'11

Sneakers = general term for athletic shoes in the USA.

I'm getting a kick out of how many people are so worried about what others wear!

Quote Originally Posted by traveler99 View Post
    I'm getting a kick out of how many people are so worried about what others wear!
    Not sure why, but it seems to be the #1 debated hot topic around here. Who cares what anyone else wears.

If not sandals or nice flip flops are allowed, what shoes do you wear with shorts or linen pants.

that's a good question thadeus. I've heard a lot of people say boat shoes, but I don't think I could get my husband in a pair of those, he's a tennis shoe or dress shoe kind of guy. I think he has some casual shoes, that are neither too dressy or against the dress code, that he can bring, but I think in some cases sandals or athletic shoes would match shorts better than anything else.

thadeus and Shartalin

Sandals can be worn with shorts to the restaurants where the dress code does not state that long trousers must be worn and light-weight closed toe shoes in a light tan/brown shade look good with linen pants.

Just because it states closed toe shoes doesn't mean you have to turn up wearing shoes like Fred Astaire!! (LOL)

Mad about tennis

Still wondering, we are going to be at CN, I am not trying to skirt the rules and don't want to appear that way at the resort. All I have for closed toe shoes are cowboy boots, and dress shows. I also did not find a requirement for pants specifically at CN restaurants, it describes resort elegant (which I would assume includes long pants) and cocktail elegant. Should I assume that shoes are required at Lychee and Otaheite and start looking for a casual shoe?

My husband wore a closed toe sandal when we were at CN last year and we didn't run into a problem. Hopefully when we go back in April the same will hold true. trying to convince him to buy a pair of boat shoes but so far he ain't buying it.

Docker style pants are good for Otaheite and that is the only restaurant that requires them, also the same for closed toe shoe, I have a pair of italian style basketweave shoe that I wear and they are fine, so all you need is one pair of pants and one pair of shoes, rest of the time you are good with nice sandals and dressy style shorts, like dockers without the legs LOL

No one should "ever" wear sneakers with dress pants. Just my humble opinion.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast