Default CN sunset question...

Do you have to be on the AN beach to see the sunset?

absolutely not!! you can see the beautiful sunsets from ANYWHERE at the resort ... the hardest part is deciding on which to choose ... hammocks, swings, loungers, your balcony (if you have an oceanview or beachfront room), etc.

No, not at all. They are the same beach, just separated by some hedges...if I remember correctly. We have been way too chicken to check out the Nude beach (not this year though) so I don't remember if it was tall hedges that separate it or not, but I think so. The sunset is absolutely beautiful on the whole dang beach. Just lovely!

Sunset changes depending upon the time of year. When we were there in February of 2010 the sunset was over land...down over the point (sort of over the AN area). We were in the Building 6 beachfront suite 3rd floor, so a great view! April sunset is right out over the water (which we will see again this year April 12 - 20).

But no, you don't have to be on the AN beach to see the sunset.

Absolutely not. At CN you just have to be on the resort to see the sunset but you get the best view from anywhere along the beach (we particularly like the swing under the tree).

Unlike CSS, the AN area is only separated from the 'textile' beach by a tall hedge. All enjoy the sunset and, in the AN area, you can do so with your clothes off, as there is no designated time that it 'opens' to all.
    Irie,
    TonyS

Thanks everyone! This just makes my CN/CSA decision harder!

No, in fact depending on the time of year, the AN section could be the worse place to view a sunset. In the winter months you most likely have to walk north off of Couples property if you wish to see the beautiful orange orb hit the sea. Well worth the walk though!

At the Northern-most beach property at CN (the opposite end from AN section), you can probably still see the sunset over water (i.e. it clears the land at Rutland Point) on all but a very few days surrounding the Winter Solstice (Dec 20 or 21).

www.suncalc.net has a nifty app that shows sunrise, sunset and sun trajectory for any given location and date.
    It is layered over Google Maps so you can zoom in /out, change to satellite vs map, etc.
    Type in Negril, Jamaica, zoom out and drag the center to CN's beach and change to your dates to see the sun's trajectory. The satellite view helps pinpoint locations on CN's beach, but if you are unfamiliar with CN, just put the location right across from the Negril Aerodrome (which is on the map).

Quote Originally Posted by ella86 View Post
    Having never been at the AN part, I understand you can see moons all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by Moustache View Post
    Having never been at the AN part, I understand you can see moons all day long.
    Hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by ella86 View Post
    ....No, the beach at CN faces west. This is just an issue at CSS. And the Nude (Sunset Beach) closes at 5.

No, you can see some wondeful sunsets on the main beach, depending on what time of year you visit. I took this one last year.Name:  Sunset 1.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  32.9 KB