Hybrid View

Default Getting married at CSA - Optimal time of day?

My fiancé and I are getting married at CSA in 2013. We are going to book the wedding soon but I wanted to get opinions of the board when is the best time of day (in your opinion) to have the wedding?

We were thinking sunset on the beach for sure but then we thought we would miss out on the beautiful pictures of all of the vibrant colors of water,sky, etc. and also the photographs after the ceremony would be in the dark. We are planning on June for the wedding. Any thoughts?

We were married in February at 10am and it was gorgeous. There tends to be more of a chance of showers in the afternoon. Me personally, I just couldn't wait all day long so for us we did the wedding and pix and had the whole day to celebrate. If you want to see a couple of shots, email me at clemonssara40@gmail.com
    CSA ROCKS!

From what I've read, the 10 and 11am slots are ideal for a few reasons: temperature is cooler, less chance of bad weather, and the vibrant ocean colors for your photographs.

My fiance and I decided on a sunset wedding because we are definite night owls, and some of the sunset photos and lighting are really phenomenal. I have an outside photographer coming in and I think she has special lighting setups for low-light photos. Not sure what resources the resort photographers have available to take evening photos.

Also, if you have any more wedding questions you might receive more responses if you post in the wedding section of the forum.

I got married at CSA 5 years ago in May and we chose the 11am time slot because we read about the common afternoon rain showers. For us, the point of getting married in Jamaica was to get married on the beach so the last thing we wanted was to get rained out and forced inside for the ceremony. Anyways, 11am was perfect…we were able to have a leisurely breakfast in our room and get my hair done at the salon. There was not a cloud in the sky and we looooove our wedding pictures because it really showed off our beach wedding with the clear blue sky and white sandy beach.

We got married at CSA in May of 2011 and did it at 11am. We wanted to do it early to avoid the heat and give our guests the rest of the day to enjoy. I think the first slot is 10am but I wanted to give the wife time to get her hair and makeup done.

Quote Originally Posted by cypris View Post
    From what I've read, the 10 and 11am slots are ideal for a few reasons: temperature is cooler, less chance of bad weather, and the vibrant ocean colors for your photographs.

My fiance and I decided on a sunset wedding because we are definite night owls, and some of the sunset photos and lighting are really phenomenal. I have an outside photographer coming in and I think she has special lighting setups for low-light photos. Not sure what resources the resort photographers have available to take evening photos.

Also, if you have any more wedding questions you might receive more responses if you post in the wedding section of the forum.
    Do you happen to have any examples of sunset wedding photos you are referencing?

Thank you

Do the sunset wedding of your dreams then get more pictures taken by the resort the next day. You only pay for the pictures you keep and this way you will have the best of both worlds.

Sure, here's an album I just made > http://imgur.com/a/DB23I

Some of these are obviously more photoshopped and color manip'd than others, but I think all of them are really stunning.

I got married at CSA in Oct '09 and it was at the 4pm time slot. It was a bit warm but nothing like at 1pm!! My pictures turned out really nice. Clear blue sky, sparkling water, and white sands! I also had a photographer take sunset pics so I got the best of both worlds! Congrats and enjoy your big day!!

We were married at CSA at 11am (Jan. 9, 2008) It was the perfect time slot for us. I was so glad to not have to wait around all day. We had perfect weather for amazing photos, during and afterwards, then went on the cat cruise and came back to take sunset photos on the beach in our just married tanks we brought along. Then we got back into our wedding clothes and went for dinner. We felt like we made the most our of our day.
    You could do an earlier wedding and get back into your wedding clothes for sunset photos. However, if the sunset wedding time is calling to you... do it. You can always get back into your outfits for more photos the next day... off resort even (like at the cliffs or something). Endless options.
    There's no one perfect time. In fact, there's never a bad time to get married at Couples
    Congrats!