Default Which Resort do I select?

I have been to Jamaica many times but never stayed at a Couples Resort. Maybe someone can be of assistance!
    This is what we are looking for:
    Great Pools with Swim Up Bars
    Ocean Front Room
    Suite or Penthouse
    Small Resort, not overly crowded
    Active Night Life

I am overwhelmed looking at all of the pictures.
    I watched a video on SA and the rooms looked wonderful, we love the huge patio.
    We are thinking about going in August or September.

Also, what room category is the best for Ocean Front?

Thanks!

Are you a pool person or a beach person? CSA and CN have large natural beaches not only on the resort but expanding beyond for those relaxing beach strolls. Not much in the way of sea weed or rocks out in the water. They also face west for the sunsets. We stay at CSA in the Beachfront Suites and they are just steps from the beach. They also have no glass in the windows. Just screens and wooden slat louvers that open and close for fresh air or privacy. This allows all the sounds of Jamaica to come into your room at night. CSA has a small swim up bar pool though but drinks are brought to your lounge on the beach. Having stayed at CSS and CSA several times I can say neither the smaller CSS nor the larger CSA ever feels crowded. Not sure what night life you are looking for? There is music each night and late night disco lounge at CSA. I understand there is a little more night life at CTI but I have never been there. Beachfront Suites at CSS are actually located across the great lawn from the waters edge. All level ground but not right on the beach. Each Couples Resort has its own feel. You may not get everything you are looking for at any one of them but you will not be disappointed.

If you want a smaller resort with all that you requested, cnegril would be for you. Purpose favorite is Swept Away for many reasons and we are booked for trip #5. CSA is a much larger resort and we like the size of the place. Couples Negril is much more compact. Tough choice as they are all good.

Hmmm....sounds like Sans Souci to me
    Jan and Mark
    CN 2009
    CSA 2011
    CSA 2013
    CSS 2014

Nightlife is very important to us, dancing & live entertainment!
    My hubby is more of a pool fan, so I would prefer to stay at a resort that has a larger pool.
    He has never been to Jamaica before and I really want him to have a great experience! I have stayed at Sandals 8 times so this resort is new to me, looking for something different

We picked CSA, for much the same reasons you have listed with one exception: the pools. From what I've read, CN has better pools, but we plan on being in the 80 degree ocean water. CSA: has more nightlife. Is more spread out, so that it's not crowded (ie, more secluded/private). Have awesome suites (ocean front suites, no tvs, right on the beach), but we went with the atrium suites, so we don't constantly have foot traffic by our room (have read this to be slightly annoying) and they have hammocks. We're there in August. Good luck in your choice!

I've been to CTI... based on pictures, CSA suits us more.

I REALLY think CSA is your best bet..... If you want the nice big patio you want the Beachfront Suite -- NOT the VERADAH suites..... (Seems backwards I know....) the Beachfront Suites are in the "old" section and have HUGE patios. They don't have TV"s so much more romantic and there is nothing like having breakfast brought to you and eating it on your patio...... Most people who go to CSA for the first time are always commenting on how nice the Beachfront suites are...... My wife and I and the rest of the "Jamaican 8" (our traveling group) will be back at CSA in 40 days..... can't wait!

If Nightlife is very important to you then...umm...thinking maybe not Couples. Yes, CSA has the Aura Lounge so that might be the best one for you..but, if you read previous threads you will see that the nightlife at Couples is sort of slim. It gets very quiet at night. A lot of sun, drinks, food and what-not create very tired peeps who have a hard time staying up late. When we did try to stay up later we noticed that there were only a few stragglers up that late. Just sayin'. Couples is absolutely perfect but if the nightlife is what makes or breaks it for you then you probably will be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by wfrancis76 View Post
    I have been to Jamaica many times but never stayed at a Couples Resort. Maybe someone can be of assistance!
    This is what we are looking for:
    Great Pools with Swim Up Bars
    Ocean Front Room
    Suite or Penthouse
    Small Resort, not overly crowded
    Active Night Life

I am overwhelmed looking at all of the pictures.
    I watched a video on SA and the rooms looked wonderful, we love the huge patio.
    We are thinking about going in August or September.

Also, what room category is the best for Ocean Front?

Thanks!

......Sounds like you're gonna love Couples Negril (CN).

Quote Originally Posted by wfrancis76 View Post
    Nightlife is very important to us, dancing & live entertainment!
    My hubby is more of a pool fan, so I would prefer to stay at a resort that has a larger pool.
    He has never been to Jamaica before and I really want him to have a great experience! I have stayed at Sandals 8 times so this resort is new to me, looking for something different
    ....CSS has several pools. But a pretty sprawling resort. Lots of areas to explore.

We've been to CTI, CN & CSA. We are heading to CSS is 20 days!!! There is live entertainment at all of the resorts but honestly there isn't too much Late night activity. It is crazy but we get up super early when we are there and find it hard to stay up past 11pm. I think it's the full bellies and ultimate relaxation that puts us to sleep. We did see more nightlife at CSA, it is the largest resort of the 4 but never crowded. We were looking for nightlife our first trip to CN, but quickly gave in to the zen!

I think the night life depends on the guest at the time, our last trip to CSA we danced until 2 am several nights in the Aura lounge.

At both CSS and CN the late night entertainment is basically sing alongs at a piano bar. At CSA and CTI there is a night club/disco for late night music and dancing into the morning. I have never been to CTI but at CSA they seem to play as long as you stay.