Default CTI Whats on the Island?

First Timers going in October just wondering what amenities they have on the island other than the wonderful bar, e.g. restrooms, music, food etc.

Can anyone enlighten us?

There is a restroom, yes only one, on the island. Music is provided by a portable cd player/radio on the bar. You will have to get the boat back to the resort for food. We had a discussion with management about getting food on the island. Time will tell.

Don't let me give you the wrong impression. It really is not about what they do not have. It is about the beautiful breeze under the "huts' and the conversation with genuinely nice people. You are correct about the bar. It is wonderful. The staff treats those on the island with respect and then some. Make sure you spend time there. It will surely add to the enjoyment of your vacation. Don't forget to "moon" the catamaran.

Dndinjamaica

Well they used to bring lunch over to the island. Do they not still do that??

As of last week, they do not bring lunch to the island.

There is an awesome water slide from the top of the tower into the pool that is clear lexan so everyone can see you slide..... the petting zoo is great fun.... on the second floor of the tower the gift shop has all kinds of great shirts, hats and most important sunblock.... hahahaha... just kidding .. what the island has is great people and great drinks.... and if you have to much of both the tower has a toilet and a hideout... oh and very comfy hammocks....

Quote Originally Posted by ScottandKim View Post
    There is an awesome water slide from the top of the tower into the pool that is clear lexan so everyone can see you slide..... the petting zoo is great fun.... on the second floor of the tower the gift shop has all kinds of great shirts, hats and most important sunblock.... hahahaha... just kidding .. what the island has is great people and great drinks.... and if you have to much of both the tower has a toilet and a hideout... oh and very comfy hammocks....
    a petting zoo how cool is that? I saw the frog pictures and they looked like fun. As my grandmother used to say it isnt a party until the police or the farm animals show up

My husband and I just returned from CTI and it was a great experience. We had been to couples swept away but wanted to try the au naturel this time. We spent 8 of our 9 days on the island and would do it again in a heart beat. The people were great,the bartenders were fantastic, the conversation was always interesting. Not to mention the breeze- my husband and I set up camp between the two huts near the peak and never once felt like we were suffocating from the heat. I recommend the island to anyone who likes to have a good time, good conversation and enjoy it with no restrictive clothing. We are already booking for next year.

We were there in June this year and lunch was brought to the island everyday. Let me clarify that.....after one day on the island, we felt like all our new found friends had been friends for years. The people are so genuinely nice and pleasant. We got into a natural rotation where each day, a different couple would volunteer to bring food back from the poolside grill. We had plenty of fries, cheeseburgers, meat patties, etc on the island each day. In fact, there was usually enough left over to feed some of the fishes at the end of the day. My suggestion is this....the first day you are on the island, volunteer to go get food and bring it back, and watch what happens. The rest of the time you are there, people will be bringing you food everyday. I have always said that the greatest thing about Couples is there staff. It is hard to argue otherwise. But one of the other greatest things I have discovered is that all of the guest there want every other guest to have the time of their lives. It truly is a phenomenal place with phenomenal people.
    Best Wishes to all,
    BIlly

Default Island Food

Quote Originally Posted by dndinjamaica View Post
    As of last week, they do not bring lunch to the island.
    We've been to the island on several trips (none since the reno) evertime they brought food over? It was nice not to have to gotextile for lunch.

No lunch brought over the first week in July
    Irie Mon

When we went at the beginning of June, the resort didn't bring any food over, BUT we had some smart people that went over to the grill on the main land and asked them to make some food for us and the guests brought over a tray full of hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken, pork, fries and all of the toppings. The next day, a new couple did the same thing and brought over another tray full of food for lunch. Just rotate food duties between the islanders each day of the week and you should be set to be on the island from 9am-5pm.

Counting the days until June 5th.

Cheers,
    Brian
    KBD

Kristin and Brian

It is a little known secret that there is private stable in the basement, under the tower. No, of course there aren't any horses there. The stable is long since abandoned. A few years ago, they put in a five lane bowling alley. The problem with getting down to see it is, the elevator isn't working. That also precludes taking the same elevator to the visit a small museum upstairs that holds abandoned property of past guests. There used to be a display of an item that still has everyone guessing. Now this is absolutely true. You can ask Leonard Henry. He is the one who took this item from a guest, who said he found it on the beach. Leonard took this item and put it in a very special place. The item was a set of false teeth. I swear this is true.
    Well, I just wanted to share these little known or often discussed issues. I'm sure that work will resume on the broken elevator as soon as they can unlock the steel door that leads to, yup, you guessed it, the elevator.

At least we have food out there!!

Damion my brother. We will be there, soon come mon.

Richie

Quote Originally Posted by Crabracer View Post
    It is a little known secret that there is private stable in the basement, under the tower. No, of course there aren't any horses there. The stable is long since abandoned. A few years ago, they put in a five lane bowling alley. The problem with getting down to see it is, the elevator isn't working. That also precludes taking the same elevator to the visit a small museum upstairs that holds abandoned property of past guests. There used to be a display of an item that still has everyone guessing. Now this is absolutely true. You can ask Leonard Henry. He is the one who took this item from a guest, who said he found it on the beach. Leonard took this item and put it in a very special place. The item was a set of false teeth. I swear this is true.
    Well, I just wanted to share these little known or often discussed issues. I'm sure that work will resume on the broken elevator as soon as they can unlock the steel door that leads to, yup, you guessed it, the elevator.

At least we have food out there!!

Damion my brother. We will be there, soon come mon.

Richie
    ROTFLMAO!

I want to get a private tour...

-The Captain

Rotflmao! I actually conduct tours when I am there, it would be my pleasure. We will be there Nov.12-24 2009, and April 12-26 2010 I have the keys to all the important rooms.

Richie

I expect a tour of all those rooms Richie when we show up on the island the morning of the 21st. Wish we could make it the 20th but we are getting in around 4:30 to the resort.
    Shane and Cathy

We just got back on the 22nd and there was no food. According to the food and beverage manager it was due to the health inspector. It was a bummer to have to go back to eat as it killed at least 1 hour of time that we could of enjoyed on the island. Next year I will try a dirty banana lunch diet to see if that works....

i have heard that a dirty banana has 20% USRDA of most of your vitermins & nutrients. So... 5 drinks and your set. Throw in some ganja for good measure LOL.

-The Captain

Sounds good to me Captain, Dirty Banana and Ganja what else could you ask for but if someone needs an alternative form of nutrition you can take plates with you when you go over in the morning, fruit etc. we did this regularly. Ask the bartender and sometimes they will put it on ice if it's not too much and they can accomodate you. It's truly a bummer to have to leave the island I'm hoping they will change the way they are doing the food before we return next year.

We have always had food. Either we brought it or someone else. We were there in May and everyone took turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain*Ron View Post
    i have heard that a dirty banana has 20% USRDA of most of your vitermins & nutrients. So... 5 drinks and your set. Throw in some ganja for good measure LOL.

-The Captain
    Have to agree with the Captaqin..that's all you need..

Are there any pictures of the AN island at CTI? Not looking for pics of people, just the location/amenities.

In nine days we will be there so we will be the first couple of the week to go get food for the island! Whoot Whott!! I hope that means we get to just wait around for our lunch for the next eight days! Ha Ha!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barren View Post
    Are there any pictures of the AN island at CTI? Not looking for pics of people, just the location/amenities.
    heres a couple...

-The Captain
    Attached Images Attached Images      

It's 6.30am on our first morning, I can see the island as I type but have to wait a little while longer - so near but yet so far.

The cage above isn't there anymore - lots of people are missing it.

The barman needs a better sound system - preferably with an iPod dock like the rooms.

We are able to bring food over to the island. Everything else is perfect.

Above all else there's a great craick - within an hour everyone is best friends with each other and this extends off the island, we knew so many people with 2 days of being here it is great.