Default CTI - Wife Worried About Grooming Practice.

My Wife and I our in our 50's and enjoy being well groomed. She always feel self conscious at doctors visits and always lets herself grow out before her appointments. Now that we have our trip planned this summer wife is thinking she will be out of place being a 50 something lading shaved smooth. she feels it's more of a younger ladies fashion. I tell her she's worrying about nothing and I assure her I'll be smooth as always because that's the way I feel most comfortable. Years and years ago when we were on the isle most were natural but I think grooming wasn't done for the most part way back when. What is the general fashion out on the island now? Smooth, Trimmed, or natural?

SandM No worries mon. "What is the general fashion out on the island now? Smooth. Trimmer. Natural" The answer is all of them. And more. I'll bet you didn't think that there was any "more". Trust me. People are no more concerned with personal grooming habits, any more than they are concerned about being naked. All sizes and shapes. This may be the first time in your wife's life that she will not feel self-conscious. About anything. Being naked out on the rock, is the most phenomenal experiment in human nature. The safe environment that exists is due to the fact that, once a couple that was scared to death to go out there, or was concerned about a weight issue, or worried that her boobs were too large or too small, or any other number of "fears" that they have, once those clothes come off, it's like magic. They look around. No one is yelling at them, judging them, criticizing them or paying any real attention to them. Complete relaxation overcomes them and they have the best time of their lives.
    Just let it happen.

Cannot speak to the island but on SSB and CN there are some of everything. Didn't do a survey but my off the cuff impression was that the majority were smooth, but there definitely were some trimmed and some natural. I'd say do what you are comfortable with.

Kurt and Angela
    CN 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016
    CSS 2014, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by SandM View Post
    My Wife and I our in our 50's and enjoy being well groomed. She always feel self conscious at doctors visits and always lets herself grow out before her appointments. Now that we have our trip planned this summer wife is thinking she will be out of place being a 50 something lading shaved smooth. she feels it's more of a younger ladies fashion. I tell her she's worrying about nothing and I assure her I'll be smooth as always because that's the way I feel most comfortable. Years and years ago when we were on the isle most were natural but I think grooming wasn't done for the most part way back when. What is the general fashion out on the island now? Smooth, Trimmed, or natural?
    Hello SandM. I'm sure everyone will tell you it doesn't matter one bit, do what makes her most comfortable. However, if there is safety in numbers, my 50 something wife has everything shaved smooth except for a small landing patch up top. Pretty much the same for me.

The great thing about AN is that no one really cares. Certain jewelry may get attention, but grooming habits won't. To each their own and your wife should do what she is comfortable with.
    Cool runnings!
    Gene and Jeanne
    CSS October 2012
    CSS October 2013
    CSS October 2014
    CSS October 2015 SOON COME!

Just got back. Most women were smooth and men were trimmed/natural. Although, I don't think anyone cares. Do what makes you both happy.

Tell her that anything she chooses is perfectly acceptable. When I was there 2 years ago, I was trimmed and most were shaved. I was 22 at the time and most were fashioned similar to me.

My Husband and I are in our 50's, and we groom. No worry. I couldn't tell you who did and who didn't.
    Linda

Short answer?
    Whatever you and she are comfortable with, will fit in.

No one will care one way or the other, so go with what makes you comfortable.

Default Go With Your Own Grooming Preference

Quote Originally Posted by SandM View Post
    My Wife and I are in our 50's and enjoy being well groomed... Now that we have our trip planned this summer wife is thinking she will be out of place being a 50 something shaved smooth... What is the general fashion out on the island now? Smooth, Trimmed, or natural?
    SandM:

Here is an extract I posted in the thread "Feedback After Our Vacation" after our stay at CTI last year. It is Post # 227 at the top of Page 10 of that thread:

"To those who are worried about grooming, I'd say this: You can have all, or you can have none; it is your preference and no one cares. While it is true that most people will be bare, many others will not be.

"Here is my observation based on our time there: We found that while the Caucasians were mostly bare or nearly bare, those of African stock (Afro-Americans; Afro-Caribbeans; and Afro-Jamaicans) were not, in the main. (Of the six Afros whom we saw on the island at CTI, five were not shaved.)

"I do not believe in altering my style to be in keeping with others and I commend those who were in the grooming minority for remaining as they were.

"As a matter of interest on this topic: when we went to our first nude beach in 1987, almost no one was shaved. However, somewhere around the mid-1990s the idea of taking it all off gained currency with a 'Smoothie' movement in either Holland or Germany and continued to the point where many have embraced the style; but there are many others who do not.

"Therefore, do not worry about other people's preferences; go with yours and what you feel comfortable with, as opposed to feeling that you must do what others are doing in order to conform to their norm and to 'fit in'."

In short: if you let it grow at home, go like that to Couples. I am sure you would feel more comfortable knowing that you are groomed the way you feel you should be. In any case, no one cares. The people there would have seen it all and could not care less about your 'down there'. They would be interested in you for who you are.

We spent a week AN at CN. Neither my fiancé nor I are shaved. Most people are, yes, some are trimmed, but it doesn't matter. It's not even a topic of conversation while you're there. Most of the time we're talking about the best cocktail or our kids or how cold it is back home. No worries, Mon.

Hey SandM Just wondering if your wife found any helpful info to help her be less self concious. We're all the same out there. It's a wonderful phenomenon.