Default Advice on tipping the pilot when flying Tim Air

This year for the very first time we are going to use Tim Air and fly to Negril from Montego Bay. We just need some advice on the approximate amount that is norm for tipping the pilot. Having never done this before, we just want to make sure we tip him adequately..... We are 33 days away and is getting difficult to keep our minds on anything other then Jamaica!!!! Thanks for any help you can offer!

I think that we have tipped him or her, $10.00. I don't really know if that is good or not. They certainly make a lot more than the average Jamaican worker. I know some people that have tipped as much as $25.00. So I guess it really depends on what you are comfortable with. You're going to love the trip.

We ususally tip $20 each way.

We tip Curtis our usual pilot $20 each way.

We tipped 20.00 each way as wel, and there are baggage handlers to tip as welll. Like you I had asked in advance. Have fun!

I gave our pilot a tip, keep the shiney side up and the dirty side down. He laughed and we bumped knuckles, then he asked what I flew. Turns out he has about 500 hours in the type of aircraft I have so it was fun. Then I gave him a $20 and told him great flight.

$20 each way for us. Which resort are you flying to? We will be at CN April 12-20...perhaps we will cross paths...

We tip Curtis the pilot $20 each way. But as Curtis says, "you only have to tip me if I get you there safely."

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwicker View Post
    We tip Curtis our usual pilot $20 each way.
    In January Curtis told us he had taken a job offer in Qatar and would be moving there in 3 weeks.
    Anyone know if he actually moved?

Looks as though we were the cheapskates with only a $10.00 dollar tip. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by rudi View Post
    In January Curtis told us he had taken a job offer in Qatar and would be moving there in 3 weeks.
    I had not heard this, but if is gone we will miss him in November. What a great guy.

Quote Originally Posted by rudi View Post
    Not yet. Kurtis will be coming through New York en route, and we'll be meeting up with him in NYC for some fun!
    Pamela
    I know everything, and I'm always right (just ask my husband).

Thanks everyone. That is the amount we were thinking but thought we'd just play it safe and put it to the experts!! I am very excited to fly and see the aerial views , but I am equally terrified!!! However it's on my bucket list, so this year I can cross that one off. Bert we will be at CN from the 8th of April through the 15th,then we head over to CSA ....so we should definitely cross paths, especially if you go to the AN beach. We will be there all week with friends that we have made at CTI over years past. Hope to meet you at CN!!!
    Last edited by Justdiane; March 7th, 2012 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela View Post
    Not yet. Kurtis will be coming through New York en route, and we'll be meeting up with him in NYC for some fun!
    Thanks. Have a great time with him and wish him well.