Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default CSS PH Suite Questions

Is there a bathtub?
    Do you get sun on the balcony?
    Is it worth the upgrade over the 1 BDR Oceanview?
    Pictures would be awesome!!!!!!
    Thanks!

As far as getting sun on your balcony it depends on where your PH is located. The penthouses in block D that
    the main beach have plenty that includes the prime ministers suite. Keep in mind there are many steps to climb
    Is it worth the additional cost over the 1 bedroom suites? If the steps don't bother you it sure is worth it

Hi Rich. I do remember sitting with you and Maxine that night at CSS. Glad you're able to get back.

We had the "Steve McQueen" penthouse suite that week that we were there. It's huge. I don't remember it having a bathtub. There was 1 1/2 bathrooms, a small entry way room with flat screen TV, the main bedroom with another TV, one of the smallest closets I have ever seen, especially for a PH suite. Out on the balcony, actually the whole top floor, there were two chaise lounges, two large cushioned chairs and a nice table. There is another suite there as well, and the only thing separating the two was a screen set up. There was no one in that room for the time we were there, so we could walk around the whole top floor. It didn't get a lot of sun because there are a number of trees in the way. This was in D block. The view was looking down at the main beach. It was nice. But to be honest, we didn't really need all that space and for us, it was to far away from just about everything.
    We got a chance to see one other room in the row of buildings opposite the large grass area where they held the Friday night gala. Nothing special. Just a nice room. The only thing we liked about it was that it was closer to SSB.

Enjoy our stay.

Richie

Hi Midnight Cocktails,
    Hubby and I have been to CSS 4 times---trip #5 is planned for July, and we have stayed in PH suites each visit. Our first suite was the Steve McQueen suite--D14 I believe and the balcony was huge but it did not receive too much sun since there was a beautiful tree off of the balcony and it had a beautiful blue-tiled walk in shower but no bath tub. It also had a half bath that came quite in handy when getting ready. Next trip we had a PH in E block--the Frangipani Suite E-12 I think. Smaller balcony, but nice access to the Balloon Bar and Casanova's, and not too many steps to the beach. It had a shower-bath tub combo. Third trip we had the Roger Moore Suite-D20 or D21-next door neighbor to the Steve McQueen Suite it's at the top of DBlock overlooking the main beach--lots of sun and it only had a shower. Fourth Trip we had the Pavarotti Suite in C Block. It had two bedrooms, two bathrooms--1 with tub shower combo and 1 with shower only, and it didn't get much sun at all given the vegetation surrounding the balcony. It was very centrally located--not too many steps down to the beach or up to the lobby.

We have pictures from most of the suites. If you would send me your email address, I can track down the photos and send to you.

Since I haven't stayed in a one bedroom suite, I can't give much advice. But I know there are people who have stayed in both and prefer the one bedroom suite.

Have a wonderful trip!
    suzyQ

How private are the balconies? I seem to recall someone talking about how there is only a lattice divider between the balconies of each penthouse and how you can just walk around the divider. I really don't want to share my balcony with someone else.

We have stayed in a One Bedroom Beachfront Jacuzzi Suite (B 28, third floor), a Deluxe Ocean Verandah (G 15 A), a Penthouse Suite (D 20, the Roger Moore Suite), and a One Bedroom Ocean Suite (G 8). Listed in that order, they are from our least favourite room to our most favourite room. The four Penthouse Suites on top of D block do have a very large balcony, but it is separated by only a piece of lattice work, from the adjoining balcony, so it is not very private. We prefer the privacy of the balconies in G block, and they also offer the best views.

D 20 had a walk in shower, but no bathtub, which is what we prefer. Even though we prefer the One Bedroom Ocean View rooms, the Penthouse Suite, D 20, was a wonderful room, lots of space, great bathroom, and we loved the living room window that looked out over the ocean.

Here's a link to some of the pictures we took when we stayed in the Penthouse Suite - there are a couple of pictures of the balcony and the room in there so you can see what the room is like.

http://www.kodakgallery.ca/ShareLand...localeid=en_CA
    (Karen&Paul)

Ha SuzyQ I knew you would have a good review! I've been reading everything on CSS and have seen your posts! Thanks a bunch! 17 days to go, we have a PH booked & have been working out like crazy to get in shape for all the stairs! We typically spend a lot of time on the balcony so we wanted the best view! I love the chance of getting a 2nd bathroom...but do hope for privacy on the balcony. We have been to CTI,CN &CSA so this trip completes the set. We have never been disappointed and am sure Couples will take care of the privacy aspect. We are soooooo excited to go to CSS & SSB!! One Love!

Quote Originally Posted by oma parrothead View Post
    How private are the balconies? I seem to recall someone talking about how there is only a lattice divider between the balconies of each penthouse and how you can just walk around the divider. I really don't want to share my balcony with someone else.
    We stayed in E-10 and D-14 (Steve McQueen). E-10 was smaller and has a 50's style small bathroom with a shower tub combo.
    D-14, no tub but a shower that can fit 10 people and another 1/2 bath.
    The lattice divider doesn't give you much privacy from the other room if the other guests are at the railing.
    We found that out one passionate night when we noticed the lady next door (this was about 2 AM BTW) just so happened to be leaning out over her balcony with a clear shot of us. We laughed it off and just smiled and said HI the next day when we saw them. It's Couples and romance is everywhere.
    I was somewhat upset a couple days later when we came back to the room after being out on the beach all day and found our chairs around the table missing. When I went out, I noticed the people in the next suite (different guests that moved in the day before) must have had guests and decided to help themselves to our chairs.
    I walked down to get them back and a small group was just inside. One of the guys apologized and helped me bring them back. All was good but we did think it was a bit rude of them.
    Overall, D-14 despite the aforementioned, is fantastic. The view is incredible and we will requst it in the future if it's available. The balcony is one huge balcony for both suites, probably at leastName:  Couples San Souci 2009 041.jpg
Views: 1120
Size:  42.5 KB 80 feet long I'd guess.

Hi Midnight Cocktails!
    I'm glad my posts helped you make your decision! I guess you can tell I love CSS and those PH suites! Have a wonderful trip and I hope you get the PH of your dreams! You are going to love SSB, and I hope Jheanel and Easton are your bartenders--they will treat you right!!!!! Say "hi" to Margaret in Guest Services for me! She is AWESOME!!!!!!!:-)

suzyQ

Quote Originally Posted by KarenON View Post
    We have stayed in a One Bedroom Beachfront Jacuzzi Suite (B 28, third floor), a Deluxe Ocean Verandah (G 15 A), a Penthouse Suite (D 20, the Roger Moore Suite), and a One Bedroom Ocean Suite (G 8). Listed in that order, they are from our least favourite room to our most favourite room.
    What specifically about these rooms made you rank them accordingly? We are booked for March 2013 in the One Bedroom Beachfront Suite. I was kind of shocked when I saw that you ranked the Beachfront LEAST favorite out of all the rooms, even lower than the Deluxe Ocean Verandah. We chose it because of it being the only one with a jacuzzi tub (except for the PM Penthouse or Hibiscus Cottage...?) but now are wondering if we have made the right choice for our wedding/honeymoon/first trip to Couples.....? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Jarrod and Tina

Jarrod and Tina - Please don't get us wrong, the One Bedroom Beachfront suites are beautiful rooms, with a great bathroom - double sinks, walk-in shower and a nice 2 person jacuzzi (which for your wedding and honeymoon, will be perfect!!). They are spacious, and, especially if you are on the 3rd floor, you will have a beautiful ocean view.

There are really 2 reasons why we like the One Bedroom Ocean Suites, and the Ocean Verandah rooms, in G block. The first is the size of the balcony. The balconies in the Beachfront rooms are small, with only enough room for a small table and 2 chairs, and nothing else. The balconies in the One Bedroom suites in G block have very large balconies, with a large table with 4 chairs, and 2 padded lounge chairs, or a double padded lounge chair, and lots of room besides that. They are also much more private than the balconies in the Beachfront suites. We always start our day by sitting on the balcony and listening to the peacefulness of the resort, and staring out to sea. Then again, after we come back from SSB, we'll just lay on the balcony and relax in the sun before we get ready for dinner.

The second reason we like the rooms in G block is the view. All rooms at CSS will give you an ocean view. The Beachfront rooms will give you a beautiful face on view of the ocean, that you will love! The view from the rooms in G block is just that much more breathtakingly beautiful. From up there, you can't see the main beach or the other "busy" parts of the resort. You see the mineral pool, the top of D block, lots and lots of beautiful trees and flowers, and a view of the ocean that has to be seen to be believed. When I think of CSS in my mind, it's the views from our balcony in G 8 that first come to mind.
    (Karen&Paul)

Jarrod and Tina - Sorry, I meant to put this in to my post, and forgot. We have lots of information about CSS that we could pass on to you, and lots of other pictures from our trips. If you would be interested, send us an e-mail to pellis4@cogeco.ca , and we'll pass it all along to you. AND, CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming wedding at CSS. You have picked one of the most romantic resorts around, and we know you will fall in love with Sans Souci!!
    (Karen&Paul)

Thanks for all the info!

This is why we love Couples Resorts. What other resorts have a message board where you can get your questions answered.

The one bedroom beachfront suites have the smallest balconies, very small actually, but if that doesn't bother you, the suite is very nice, large bath & walk in shower separate from Jacuzzi.

We have been to css 6 times. Our favorite room ever was G15A. Its on the top floor of G building so there is an extra set of stairs, but it is so worth it. The balcony is huge. There is a double lounger, a table with 4 chairs and a couch.Best of all it is so private we sat nude the entire time we were there! Nothing like sitting naked, sipping champagne and looking out at the ocean. So, if you dont mind a good workout G15A rocks! Have a great time.

Thank you all for all your information! We have read multiple times on here that no room is a bad room and that they all have a great view. We specifically booked that room for the jacuzzi for our honeymoon, but if we get a chance to come back again, we will definitely be checking out the G block rooms. Sitting out on your balcony nude sounds so romantic and freeing! We will have to see just how non-private the beachfront balconies are

Oh, and Midnight.... Sorry for the thread-jacking!

Hi Tuckersmom!
    Boy I wish they had a "Like" button on this site!!!! Your description of sitting Au Natural on your balcony sounds AWESOME!!!!

One Love,
    suzyQ

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckersmom View Post
    We have been to css 6 times. Our favorite room ever was G15A. Its on the top floor of G building so there is an extra set of stairs, but it is so worth it. The balcony is huge. There is a double lounger, a table with 4 chairs and a couch.Best of all it is so private we sat nude the entire time we were there! Nothing like sitting naked, sipping champagne and looking out at the ocean. So, if you dont mind a good workout G15A rocks! Have a great time.
    We couldn't agree with you more, we had this room at New Year's and loved it also. We had previously stayed in G12B, it's sister room next door and had asked for G15A as we thought the view would be unobstructed by the trees that were in front of G12B and we were right. We didn't have a double lounger on our balcony, only one lounger, at least only one of us could fit on it, ha ha! We also enjoyed time out there au naturel, we loved how private it was....sigh....
    (Karen&Paul)

We discovered that all rooms DO NOT have an ocean view at CSS... we always believed that too until we got room D11 (One bedroom ocean suite). You couldn't see the ocean from that tiny balcony, no way shape or form. The room itself was lovely, and the location is perfect (in D Block) but there was NO view... it simply looked directly into the next bldg and tons of vegetation. We did not ask to be moved to another room as we loved the actual room, and we'd been to CSS before and enjoy it immensely. The balcony and view however left much to be desired... just a metal table and two metal chairs, and hardly room to sit there.

I just realized we shouldnt tell everyone how great G15A is- we will never be able to get it again!

No worries Sweetness!

Is the G15A suite considered a PH or 1BD Ocean??? It sounds fantastic! I partly feel fate should decide & I know it will be awesome in any room. But the lattice divider in D block has us slightly concerned....we have made tradition of our balcony escapades and don't want to offend anyone!

Hello Midnight Cocktails!-get name btw. I believe G15A is called a deluxe ocean veranda. Maybe it was fate you read my post-so have fun in an awesome room.

G 15A is actually neither one, it is a Deluxe Ocean Verandah. It's not a suite, just a bedroom, bathroom, and one great balcony!!
    (Karen&Paul)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuckersmom View Post
    What type of room did you have Tuckersmom?

Quote Originally Posted by RubiGal04 View Post
    We discovered that all rooms DO NOT have an ocean view at CSS... we always believed that too until we got room D11 (One bedroom ocean suite). You couldn't see the ocean from that tiny balcony, no way shape or form. The room itself was lovely, and the location is perfect (in D Block) but there was NO view... it simply looked directly into the next bldg and tons of vegetation. We did not ask to be moved to another room as we loved the actual room, and we'd been to CSS before and enjoy it immensely. The balcony and view however left much to be desired... just a metal table and two metal chairs, and hardly room to sit there.
    We discovered the same thing with D9. It is also a 1 BR Ocean Suite. It is a great room, however absolutely no ocean view. Only foliage. It has a small metal table and 2 chairs and hardly even room for that. We love to sit on the balcony, too. We didn't change rooms, just don't like to seem picky. However, because of that experience, we have booked a Penthouse Suite for our trip this December.
    Ronda and Doug
    COR Dec. 2007
    CTI Dec. 2009, Dec. 2015
    CSS Dec. 2008, Dec. 2012, Dec. 2014
    CN Dec. 2011, Dec. 2013

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast