Hybrid View

Default Advice on room choice for CN- Beachfront suite?Deluxe Ocean for Head over Heels deal?

Hi,

My finace and I will be going to Couples for the first time in September for our honeymoon and are very excited. We have decided on Couples Negril but wanted to get opinions on rooms. I know there are other threads on this, and I've read them but still cannot decide. The Beachfront Suite looks amazing, but if we do not choose that, we are looking at the Deluxe Ocean to take advantage of the Head over Heels deal and get the $300 resort credit. It would be nice to have the credit to use towards the spa, photos, or night snorkling. I know people say to save money and stay longer but we can only stay one week so that isn't influencing the decision and both rooms are in our budget.

Does anyone have any advice or opinions on these two specific room categories at CN?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Just returned last night.You will love the place.Our first time there.We took the standard room as we tend to not stay in the room much.We met people who did upgrade to the Beachfront Suite and loved it but mentioned they probably wouldn't do it again.I believe they used their credits as they were repeaters.We liked our room and especially the location.We had 1106.Close to the grill and the beach!Used our $300 for presents and stuff for us.

If it were me I would go with the deluxe ocean to get the resort credits, free night and free travel insurance. We have stayed in those rooms before and they are fine. We were normally in building 7 or 8 when we had a deluxe ocean room which if you look on the 360 view of the resort is on the right side of the resort. We normally get a deluxe garden room now which is basically the same room but on the opposite side of the resort.

We stayed in the Deluxe Ocean 1 year, the Garden Suites the last 2 years, and this year stayed in the garden deluxe room, or whatever the cheapest is called. This year was the best in our minds. The location was fantastic, the gardens were beautiful and for the amount of time you spend in the room, it was great. All the suites other then location are the same, and all the regular rooms other then location are the same, so get the resort credits, and use them, you will not be disappointed.

Here's the deal: We've been to CN seven times. The ONLY difference from an ocean view to a beach front is 1 or 2 flights of stairs. Is it worth the extra $$$? In my opinion no. We have stayed in all of the different room types. What continually brings us back, is the staff. Congratulations , and have a great time!

I am going to be a first timer in November 2012, and couldn't be more excited. I have been trying to decide if it is worth it to upgrade to an ocean view at all, or just keep at the basic garden view. I know that waking up and sitting on the balcony seeing the ocean would be nice, but I would assume the garden view rooms have balcony/patios as well, just a different scenery. I feel like it would be better to save the extra money for excursions or other things. Any thoughts?

Thanks for all of your answers! We are going to do the deluxe ocean to have the resort credits. Very excited to visit Couples!