Default Cigar availability at CTI

Hi All:

I am one that enjoys a good cigar or two while on vacation. We are arriving at CTI on Saturday and I am wondering if anyone call tell me if they have a decent selection available at the resort and whether the prices are either really high or reasonable?

Thanks for the info!
    Gary

Hi ExcitedPeggers!
    On Saturday nights CTI has their Poolside Gala dinner. When we were there last October there was a Vendor that was along the side that sold Jewelry and good cigars (Cohibas, etc). They were reasonably priced. My husband was in Cigar Heaven! Enjoy your vacation! And your cigars!!

Well, they have a cigar sale at some point during the week. I don't remember what day it is, but the prices are very reasonable then. Before the cigar sale, we wanted a cigar at night, when the gift shop was also closed, and a staff member did hook us up with a source and probably we paid too much, but not more than we would've paid at a cigar bar here in the states to imbibe there. It's better if you buy when the resort is selling. Otherwise, assume it is an impulse purchase and you will pay extra.

Know your Cubans before you purchase anywhere in JA.

Ok, I am probably gonna look stupid for posting this but here it goes anyway. Do all of the cigars down there have weed in them?? I do not smoke but my wife's uncle is a huge cigar person. I would love to bring him something back but dont want to run any risk if you know what I mean. Any help and input would be greatly appreciated.

No. There is not marijuana in any of the cigars I have purchased. Contrary to popular belief, marijuana is illegal in Jamaica and it's not just all over the place. My partner has a union job with random drug testing so even if we were in a place where it was legal, we could not partake. Cigars are just fine, though.

Quote Originally Posted by J&AC View Post
    Ok, I am probably gonna look stupid for posting this but here it goes anyway. Do all of the cigars down there have weed in them?? I do not smoke but my wife's uncle is a huge cigar person. I would love to bring him something back but dont want to run any risk if you know what I mean. Any help and input would be greatly appreciated.
    Urban myth, none of them do. Unless you put it in there.

Well they do have weed in them, but it's of the tobacco variety. I always take my own cigars.

Ok thanks for the responses. I would really like to bring him one back and I didnt want to run the risk of getting caught with something illegal. Plus, he works in a pharmacy and they get hit with random drug test as well. So, I didnt want to give him something thikinging it was marijuana free and it not be and he get popped with a drug test.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcitedPeggers View Post
    Hi All:

I am one that enjoys a good cigar or two while on vacation. We are arriving at CTI on Saturday and I am wondering if anyone call tell me if they have a decent selection available at the resort and whether the prices are either really high or reasonable?

Thanks for the info!
    Gary
    Gary we are avid cigar guys when we travel with our wives. I would suggest you bring some of your favorites from home. The Cohiba's they sell are mostly fakes. Maybe they are real in the gift shop but I don't trust em.
    Pick up a travel humidor that holds 10 of your favorites and toss it in the carry on. Once your there you will be glad you have them. We both bring about 15 each and give some away. Its amazing how many notice you have cigars and say "I should have brought some"
    Irie