Default gifts? for staff

Hi again, I know you should not tip cash... but I am a bit confused ... I am allowed to bring a gift for someone
    that I know?

We are leaving Friday morning (march 9)... so any info quick would be helpful.

We just got back and we took small gifts,wrapped for our maid.We also left for the turn down maid.All you need to do is put a gift tag with the gift stating it is a gift and from who and room number.That way they can get past security without having them confiscated.We got the biggest hugs and thank yous when leaving yesterday.Took chap-stick,small samples of cosmetics,Stuff for children(crayons etc)Lint remover,travel size stuff.Use your imagine as they don't have the simple things we have.Our maid had 3 children and I suspect all do so throw in stuff for the kiddies.We didn't do candy as I suspect dental care is expensive!I was going to take a bottle of Tylenol and a dollar store type umbrella but had too much already.We did tip once to a bar staff(won't name) who got us a bottle of Rum cream not available at resort(Sangster's Jamaica Rum Cream Liqueur) for our room at a local store.
    Hope this is what you needed. Dwight

We always bring gifts for the staff when we visit CSA. You will have to provide them with a note that verifies you have given the gift an what it is or they won't be allowed to keep it.

I brought maple syrup that my family produces on blue mountain here in Maine. I wanted to share what we do on OUR blue Mountain!

Staff can (and appreciate) token gifts IF it is accompanied by a written note that clearly states who it is to, from and the specific item. (as it was explained to me by a staff on my 2/25-3/3/12 trip.... (modorator correct me if I am wrong)

For example:

TO: Donovan

1 bottle maple syrup

signed,
    chele fuller
    date

thank you very much