Hybrid View

Default At Home Celebration Anyone?

My FI and I are getting married at CSS next Spring (just the 2 of us.) I am planning a Champagne Brunch for my family and close friends 3 weeks after we return. Anyone else planning an at home celebration?

We are getting married in May at CSA and we are having a big reception in July. Wanted plenty of time to get our pictures back and put together a slide show for our guest.

I am getting married on Wednesday (6 days from now! eep!) and am having a HUGE party in the states when we get home. Well, in June - we want to continue our beachy theme for our party so we need to wait for summer here in PA (we want everyone to be outside etc). Everything will be casual and our mission is fun, fun, and more fun! We can't wait!!
    http://tinypic.com/a/19if6/3 - pix from CSA 8/18-8/25

We had a huge reception a month after our wedding. We rented out a restaurant and had a cake and everything. We wore our wedding clothes as well. My husband has kids from a prior marriage so it was a great way to make them feel involved.

Our invitations said something like 'Danielle & Tim joined hearts on the warm sands of the Caribbean Sea. Come celebrate their marriage with us...' So that helped the people understand that the party invite was post-wedding.

It was really great to have pictures from our wedding and then also our stateside reception.
    Weddingmoon @ CTI August 2011
    Planning our return Home!

We are having a big reception with a renewal of the vows on our one month anniversary back in Michigan. Since it will only be us and our best man and maid of honor in Jamaica, we are doing the whole shindig again at home so my dad can walk me down the aisle etc. But it's not going to be formal, just a big party that happens to have a wedding cake and a vow renewal
    Becky & Dave
    CSS July 2012 (Wedding @ CSS 7.18.12)
    CN July 2012

My husband and I got married at CN in 2010. We had a reception about 3 weeks after we returned from Jamaica for family and friends. We showed the video of our wedding on the beach. It was great fun!

We also had a at home party about a month after the wedding in our backyard. We decorated, served Jamaican cuisine and even had a Jamaican rum wedding cake.Name:  at home party 3.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  39.4 KB

Loved your idea. I think we will be borrowing it from you. Thank you Sunstarsmoom and congratulations!

We plan on having a wedding celebration when we get home. We are going to have a beachy theme as well and serve jamaican food. We will also be showing the dvd from our ceremony.

I was wondering if any of you did save the dates? As I feel its too early for invitations? If so how did you word them since it was just for a reception/celebration? Im so confused!

Quote Originally Posted by jcox2873 View Post
    I was wondering if any of you did save the dates? As I feel its too early for invitations? If so how did you word them since it was just for a reception/celebration? Im so confused!
    I sent out Save the Dates in Janaury for our August reception. I am going to send out the invites mid-May with a RSVP date by mid-July. I just said "Together with their parents, Becky and Dave invite you to celebrate their marriage at five thirty... Reception immediately following" Our parents are helping us pay for it and we are going to renew our vows at the reception (my uncle is going to do it for us). Everyone coming knows we are getting married in Jamaica but since our family is not coming we are doing the ceremony again at home so we didn't bother to put anything on the invitations. Hope this helps!
    Becky & Dave
    CSS July 2012 (Wedding @ CSS 7.18.12)
    CN July 2012

We don't have one planned at the moment, but my mom is a banquet manager, so we may end up with one, whether we plan it or not!
    CSA - May 2012
    CN - May 2013
    CSS - October 2013

I am getting married @ CTI on 5/26/12, Just the two of us. Our trip is 5/23-5/31 and we are having a 100 person reception at home 6/2/12. Beach themed as well! Wedding cake/ 1st dance/ DJ/ catered/ all that jazz. I am not going to wear my wedding gown because i plan to "trash my dress" in Jamaica. I bought a little cocktail gown i love. We are using the hotel photographer and planning on purchasing the dvd to play at the reception. Feel very lucky to have a romantic intimate wedding of just us two, and then home for the reception. Best of both worlds! I feel very stress free so far about the wedding @ CTI.

Name:  BBQ wedding.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  29.5 KB

A month after our destination wedding at CTI, we had a BBQ at our house....we had at least 150 people attend, which we had catered by a fancy BBQ food truck. It was a causal affair, but everyone still had a great time! We mailed the invites before we left for our wedding, and had them RVSP via phone or online. Hope this helps!